Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

If you could combine any professional team in baseball with another teams farm system

Who would you choose?

I.e. you could have the Nationals OD roster, and the Padres farm system

Or you could have the Jays OD roster, but the Cards farm system.

Think about a teams strengths and weaknesses. A team that might be losing a player in a few years to free agency, but has a player on the farm that could/would replace him in a year or two.

Personally. I think the Nationals or Angels OD roster, and no-homer, I would keep the Cardinals farm system.

Probably the Angels OD roster with the Cards farm if I was forced to choose.

Cards have more than enough arms to fill the holes the Angels rotation is going to have.

EDIT: If a player has MLB service, then they are on the teams MLB club, not the farm system for the sake of this discussion. So guys like Shelby Miller, Dyan Bundy etc are big leaguers.

vCash
    I'll take Washington's big league club and Chicago's farm.

Washington, with Gio, Strasburg, and JZ as the big three in their rotation, are pretty well set up pitching-wise. Chicago's farm has great hitting. In a few years we could see this as a lineup:

C - Norris
    1B - Vogelbach
    2B - Baez
    SS - Desmond
    3B - Zimmerman
    LF - Almora
    CF - Harper
    RF - Soler
    Interleague DH - Tyler Moore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    I'll take Washington's big league club and Chicago's farm.

Washington, with Gio, Strasburg, and JZ as the big three in their rotation, are pretty well set up pitching-wise. Chicago's farm has great hitting. In a few years we could see this as a lineup:

C - Norris
    1B - Vogelbach
    2B - Baez
    SS - Desmond
    3B - Zimmerman
    LF - Almora
    CF - Harper
    RF - Soler
    Interleague DH - Tyler Moore

With that rotation.

It would be legit.

I can see the Angels and Cards combo

C - Ianetta
    1B - Pujols/Adams
    2B - Kendrick/Wong
    SS - Aybar?
    3B - Collaspo/Kelly/Piscotty/ (a lot of Cards depth here)
    LF - Hamilton
    CF - Trout
    RF - Taveras
    DH - Trumbo

Rotation of
    1. Weaver
    2. Wilson
    3. Martinez
    4. Wacha
    5. ????

The problem with this set up for the Cards is that most of the young arms have pitched an inning in the big leagues. So no Miller, Lynn, Rosenthall, Kelly etc.

vCash
    Someone stole my choice of Cubs and Nationals. Almost a match made in heaven.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    Angels and Ms
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Or you could have the Jays OD roster, but the Cards farm system.
    This was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title. I'm admittedly a Jays fan but I really think they have a solid roster top-to-bottom that lines up with any other team very for 2013, and I think if they didn't have a 20 year history of missing the playoffs, they'd probably be getting even better reviews right now. It just feels like everyone is cautiously optimistic about them.

I'd choose the Cardinals farm system over the Rangers simply because I think Jurickson Profar and Mike Olt wouldn't compliment the Jays current roster (blocked by Jose Reyes and Brett Lawrie respectively at the moment) nearly as well as Oscar Taveras and the all of the top pitching prospects would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    This was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title. I'm admittedly a Jays fan but I really think they have a solid roster top-to-bottom that lines up with any other team very for 2013, and I think if they didn't have a 20 year history of missing the playoffs, they'd probably be getting even better reviews right now. It just feels like everyone is cautiously optimistic about them.

I'd choose the Cardinals farm system over the Rangers simply because I think Jurickson Profar and Mike Olt wouldn't compliment the Jays current roster (blocked by Jose Reyes and Brett Lawrie respectively at the moment) nearly as well as Oscar Taveras and the all of the top pitching prospects would.
    Olt and Profar are on the Texas OD roster for this. Keep that in mind people.

vCash
    Mets and Astros

Nah in all serious, if i had to pick a major league roster and a farm system to go with it i would have to say the Nationals major league team and the Cardinals farm system.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-30-2013 at 08:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Olt and Profar are on the Texas OD roster for this. Keep that in mind people.
    I'm only one person. Keep that in mind, person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    I'm only one person. Keep that in mind, person.
    Maybe he wanted to address everyone and remind them?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    I am fine with having guys that can still win ROY in 2013 count toward someone farm. In which case The Angels and Mariners is a fine answer, So is the Giants and Rangers.

And it's really not their whole farm, it's just Profar, Olt, Perez and Buckle lol
    Last edited by ciaban; 01-30-2013 at 08:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Maybe he wanted to address everyone and remind them?
    Maybe?

vCash
    actually, I think the Giants roster with the Redsox minors, the giants would add SS Xander Bogarts,SP Matt Barnes, SP Allen Webster and OF Jackie Bradley that would fill their major wholes.

14. 01-30-2013, 09:09 PM
    Reason
    insults

vCash
    With Olt, Profar, and Perez considered to be on the ML roster, Texas and Pittsburgh match up pretty well. So does Texas and the Marlins IMO.

vCash
    Nationals ML team with the Mets farm (homer pick).

A future rotation of Strasburg, Gio, Wheeler, Harvey, Zimmermann would be nasty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast