Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Oden

vCash

Oden

Pacers need to sign him as soon as possible. The risk is well worth it. They cant let Miami or Boston get him.

Saw them sitting with redd last night at osu game, hell sign both of them.

vCash
    Here you go Buck

San Antonio, New Orleans, Charlotte, Indiana and Dallas have been monitoring the rehab of Greg Oden and are in the running for his services, sources said Wednesday.

Oden is preparing for a return to the NBA next season, with Miami and Cleveland earlier reported as the front-runner to land the 7-footer. Several clubs have been in touch with Oden's representatives about possibly signing him this year, according to league sources.

Oden, the first overall pick by the Portland Trail Blazers in the 2007 draft, is expected to choose a team in the next three to four weeks, according to sources. He would not play, however, until the 2013-2014 season.

Oden is shuttling between Indianapolis and Columbus, Ohio, where he is rehabbing at Ohio State University.

Knee injuries have limited Oden to only 82 career games. The 25-year-old underwent the Orthokine procedure championed by Kobe Bryant this past fall.

While most clubs are likely to offer Oden the league's minimum salary, clubs such as Cleveland, New Orleans and Charlotte could offer a much larger payday.
    IMO he would be a great guy to play either the 4 or the 5 off the bench...I say off the bench because I'm not sure he can take much more than 20 min a game going forward, but as a bench big, if healthy it wouldn't get much better....Ian and a healthy Oden would be a better front court than over half the league starts.

The pacers training staff and the fact that he still lives here bodes well for us.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 01-31-2013 at 11:46 AM.

vCash
    If the did sign oden could we then trade mahimi + for a pg?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    If the did sign oden could we then trade mahimi + for a pg?
    In one word...no.

Oden would be a nice addition to the team, but as I said I'm not sure he can handle more than 20 minutes a game if he can even stay healthy and as the article says he won't be playing until at least next year. You can't count on him to be there much like Brandon Roy in Minny...he was signed to help the team but they didn't focus anything on him and he has only played like 5 games. My guess is that it would be Plumlee playing the role of the 5th big man if Oden is healthy with either Oden or Ian playing the backup 4, and 4th if he goes down....We however may be able to move or let tyler walk however.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 02-01-2013 at 09:51 AM.

vCash
    I doubt we'll sign him. He's rumored to be deciding between Miami and Cleveland.

vCash
    I love the idea and I feel like the Pacers should be working hard to get him in here. Plumlee is a bust, he can barely even stay in Indianapolis on this team. Pendengraph has outperformed him consistently this year, and that is saying something. Pacers have one of the best medical staffs in the league which should be a plus for Oden. The worst that happens is that we bring him in cheap, and he gets hurt, and then we are back were we started. At the best, he becomes a huge player off the bench for the Pacers next year. It is a low risk high reward! We will be kicking ourselves if he goes to Miami, and is healthy next year. I rather let Pendengraph walk this off season, and keep Oden. It could really work out for the Pacers!

But what I have heard is that Cleveland and Miami are the frontrunners for Oden. I have the feeling that Pritchard doesn't want anything to do with him (he drafted him at Portland). I would love for the Pacers to do it, I doubt they will

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForLife View Post
    I doubt we'll sign him. He's rumored to be deciding between Miami and Cleveland.
    Those aren't really rumors from what I've read....Mostly it says they are the "front runners" or they make the most sense, but really they are just educated guesses since Cleveland can offer the biggest contract, and all the national media just assumes that everyone not currently under contract wants to go to Miami.

I really thought the Celtics should be a team to watch with the injury to Sullinger....but he reportedly doesn't have any interest in going to Boston which they found out when they reached out....which tells me that Miami doesn't really make sense either being so far if the reports are true, and I think he probably wants to stay close to home...so IMO it is probably more between us and Cleveland than Miami and Cle...I'm assuming he is leaning more towards Cle though since they can offer more $. I don't have any inside knowledge but if he wants $ I'm thinking Cleveland, if he wants to help a contender I'm thinking here...Miami just makes no sense if he wants to take the league minimum.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 02-02-2013 at 09:49 AM.