Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

would you like to see the pats sign ed reed?

I just saw this on espn boston, I was just curious as to what you guys think??

IMO if he would come for a 2 year reasonable deal, its worth looking at. Reading this article it seems reed has just as much respect and love for BB.

Discuss

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...-for-belichick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ne3xchamps View Post
    I just saw this on espn boston, I was just curious as to what you guys think??

IMO if he would come for a 2 year reasonable deal, its worth looking at. Reading this article it seems reed has just as much respect and love for BB.

Discuss

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...-for-belichick

I would personally pay him whatever he wanted for a 2 year deal. He will provide so much leadership and can actually teach McCourty how to get better (even though he has improved since his transition) and he would work wonders with young players like Dennard.

This is a legitimate no-brainer for us.

If he can be had, we must get him.

vCash
    I would absolutely love it. He's that Rodney Harrison player we have been lacking. The guy even in his older age now can do anything. Him off of the Ravens defense would be wonderful as well
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Hell yeah I'd want Ed Reed. I don't think he will leave Baltimore though..
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    If they franchise Flacco... 14m cap hit right there... not sure of their cap specifics but hopefully it does not leave them much flexibility.

When does FA start?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    If they franchise Flacco... 14m cap hit right there... not sure of their cap specifics but hopefully it does not leave them much flexibility.

When does FA start?
    This is true, but Reed may be willing to wait to stay with Baltimore. He does have a ton of respect for BB, so he may like the idea of coming here. Reed would help the young guys in the secondary become smarter football players, so the impact would be beyond his own contributions as a player.

I think March 12th is when free agency begins, but I could be wrong.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    I would love to see Ed Reed in a Pats uniform. But I really don't see it happening. Ed Reed has been mulling over retirement and if they win this year I can see him going out on top.

If he decides to keep playing I don't see him relocating to play for a year...maybe two.

vCash
    Ravens safety Ed Reed has all the respect in the world for Bill Belichick, and that sentiment is well-known to be mutual.

So could Reed, who is scheduled to be a free agent this offseason, see himself playing for Belichick some day?

"Yeah, oh yeah, man, I could definitely play for coach Belichick," Reed responded. "He is a great coach. I'm sure he can help me to expand my football knowledge even more as a player and as a coach, so if I'm ever able to be around him, just like I was at the Pro Bowl, it's huge. It's the reason why I wear my sweater cut off a little bit. He's the first guy I saw like, 'That's cool.' You know, that's cool. He cuts those sweater sleeves, and he'll be comfortable. So there's a reason why. Most people will tell you around the facility that's how I look.

It's just a blessing to even have met, to know coach Belichick."
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...laying-bb.html

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    No to Reed.

#1. We've got a FS, he's our best S, and he's good, if not great. We also have two other safties who seem to be more FS or combo S's, but not SS's. So in terms of need, he's not a good fit.

#2. Our only true SS is oft injured and appears gone, unless he signs a min deal and accepts he's a goal line in the box, no cover S only. If not, and even if so - we need a SS we can depend on, not what Reed brings.

#3. Ed Reed will not be the next Rodney Harrison. Ed Reed is a better football player then Rodney career wise and that's saying something. But, Harrison didn't turn age 31 until December of his first year here. Reed will be turning 35 in September. Rodney started going down the tubes at age 33 and he was never the same. Reed peaked out in 2008 - a long time ago.

#4. Even given all that, if Reed wants to come for short money, you make room for him, but if he wants say $10M for two years, with half up front? No.

Could have had him in 2002 with our #1 pick instead of Graham... ouch.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    If the ravens lose this weekend, i can see him jumping ship to a contender for a shot at a ring. Unless Ray Lewis is bluffing and comes back next year.
    The name is Amendola....

...Danny Amendola

vCash
    Definitely....

vCash
    No question, Ed Reed's experience and leadership would be invaluable to such a young defense. We would absolutely have to bring in another big force in the middle next to Wilfork to lessen the responsibilities of a safety against the run though. But, 2 coverage-based safeties wouldn't be the worst thing in such a pass happy league. And who better for McCourty to learn from?!

But as far as needing a "hard hitter", Ed Reed can most definitely lay the lumber when needed. I may be mistaken but I believe he was the most fined player in football this year, even though I don't agree with almost any of those fines.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

vCash
    It sounds like a typical Patriots free agent signing. I think this is just a bargaining move by Reed though to get the Ravens to pony up.
    Originally Posted by dennisonschili

"if i had a choice between getting prison raped or trading troy, i might trade troy.......maybe."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    He's actually expected to leave the Ravens

SOON

vCash
    I'm hearing on ESPN right now that the Ravens have some serious cap issues right now. Next year they will start at 5m over the cap and franchising Flacco would put them nearly 20m over the cap.

They won't be able to resign Reed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast