Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Finally a good Royce White interview (LONG READ)

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...an-royce-white

Royce White has a lot of radical thoughts about his own mental illness. But that's just the beginning he's worried about your brain, too.
    He was on this mornings "GoodDay LA", seemed perfectly normal but Im starting to understand his mission.

vCash
    Royce White is doing great things right now.

vCash
    Royce White is a chump.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    royce what is crazy. literally.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    He's not very eloquent but not everything he says is nuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    He's not very eloquent but not everything he says is nuts.
    He's actually really eloquent.. Have you heard him on PTI? He's a very good speaker, he's just insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redskins10 View Post
    He's actually really eloquent.. Have you heard him on PTI? He's a very good speaker, he's just insane.
    Cmon man

The man is making sense. The NBA is notorious for not treating players fairly. We see it time and again. There SHOULD be protocols in place. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    He's not insane, he's just poor at describing how he feels about the situation. That's why you think he's insane. He's probably more in the right than the NBA, but his pontificating is filled with things that make most people shake their heads.

vCash
    I'd be curious to know if anyone's ever checked out his backstory. The little kid that he "watched die" etc. Just wondering how deep his layer of BS runs...

vCash
    I really can't stand this guy. He's idealistic to a flaw. Yeah, nobody likes stress, but what are you going to do about it. Unless he can fix ALL poverty in America, there's always going to be somebody stressed on where they're getting their next meal from. Not to mention almost 99% of decent college kids doing their work is going to be stressed at one point or another. What does he know about true stress anyways, he's been pampered his whole life. I guarantee that if he wasn't a baller he'd be fired from pretty much any job by now.

vCash
    As I said before, forget trying to be politically correct with this guy.... Royce White is crazy as crazy gets. He sees the world through his own radical rose colored glasses where people don't have to deal with stress if they don't want to or do their job because it might affect them emotionally.

By his own admission he hasn't made any attempt to stay in shape because he's so busy being an advocate for mental illness. This screams somebody who had little intention to try and make things work, and shouldn't be in the NBA. Because if he really was trying to make it work, he should have been in shape and ready to play, because theoretically at any moment the Rockets could have caved in and bent all the way over backwards and agreed to everything he wanted, and then what? "Thanks guys for agreeing to everything I wanted, now just hold up while I spend a couple more weeks trying to get back into shape" Seriously, GTFO!

vCash
    This is bs, everyone has stress.

Hope he enjoys flipping burgers at McDonald's, but even that job might be too stressful for him

vCash
    crazy or not, he is an idiot for not staying fit and playing ball. houston shouldn't have drafted him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    As I said before, forget trying to be politically correct with this guy.... Royce White is crazy as crazy gets. He sees the world through his own radical rose colored glasses where people don't have to deal with stress if they don't want to or do their job because it might affect them emotionally.
    Thats true, but he could also be ahead of his time. I thought he was using his illness as an excuse to not play while racking up millions but perhaps he genuinely wants to promote radical change. Not just within the NBA, but across the world. A futile attempt but I can at least respect the crusade if its genuine.

If I had a message to get across, I would use any platform I could to do so... right or wrong
    Last edited by Chronz; 01-31-2013 at 05:26 PM.

vCash
    If he played and said this, he'd get much more respect than forcing his way out and still collecting a paycheck... If he wanted to make a difference he'd either play and talk about the need for a change globally, or quit basketball, stop riding off of Houstons money and become an advocate for people with mental health issues..
    Chose one or the other, you can't collect undeserved money and try to tell people you're a morally respectable person.. what he is doing is theft in my mind.. He doesn't want to do his job but is willing to collect a paycheck for it.. doesn't make sense to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast