Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I think he was lean and strong and could be that at around 170 lbs, not saying he was not muscular. His physique is not lanky.

...and Ceciliani was that big at age 19-20 when he was drafted.

Yes you are right genetics is a big factor and some guys are huge even young, but is not like Puello was describe as that when he first signed at 16.
    When you look at Josh Reddick, do you see a muscular guy? Well he's 6'2" 180 lbs. I think that's the lean build Puello had at age 16, and then he just kept building on it.

vCash

From Alex Rodriguez to Nelson Cruz to Cesar Puello (PED Hysteria)

Again he put on some 25 pounds of muscle in about a year or so that on itself makes it suspicious because it takes teenagers a lot more time than that to do it.

I dot know how Reddick looks without a shirt, he could be ripped.

Point is you would be hard press to find 16 year olds who put on that kind of muscle mass without help of stuff that is banned in baseball.

vCash
    No he didn't, he put 15 lbs on in 2 years, that is perfectly acceptable.

vCash

You do not know that dude since you do not know how much he weight t 16 and by 17 he was already being reported to be 195, his old scouting reports in BA said it.

Like I said odds are that he was around 170-175 when he first signed not 180. 170 is already pretty big for a 16 year old given his frame.

vCash
    Great one on one argument there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You do not know that dude since you do not know how much he weight t 16 and by 17 he was already being reported to be 195, his old scouting reports in BA said it.

Like I said odds are that he was around 170-175 when he first signed not 180. 170 is already pretty big for a 16 year old given his frame.
    You know no more than I do, it's pure spectulation by you that he was 170. Nothing about his body type suggested that, unless he was shorter than he is now. Odds are, that he was closer to 180 at 16 if he was 195 at 18.

Oh yeah, Josh Reddick is lean and athletic, not big, so Puello likely was like his build at 16. I highly doubt he was a scrawny kid at that age.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 01-31-2013 at 11:07 AM.

vCash
    16-18 is a big jump. I went from165-185 from 16-17. Just worked out a lot and took creatine and protein. Idk if he took PED's or not but its certainly attainable without them. That said I am 5'7" so at his height that should be fairly easy to put on that kinda weight in a year.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    16-18 is a big jump. I went from165-185 from 16-17. Just worked out a lot and took creatine and protein. Idk if he took PED's or not but its certainly attainable without them. That said I am 5'7" so at his height that should be fairly easy to put on that kinda weight in a year.
    Exactly, I've seen people make that jump as well. Testosterone is naturally exploding during those ages and continues until like 25 I believe. There would be no need to take roids that early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Exactly, I've seen people make that jump as well. Testosterone is naturally exploding during those ages and continues until like 25 I believe. There would be no need to take roids that early.

Yup. One year is a long time when it come to building muscle at that age. The body naturally develops. Now if he was 130 and jumped to 185 thats a completely different story. Genetics def play a role and 20 - 30 pounds and someone with an athletic body type at that age isn't far fetched. I am not saying he didn't use PED's, just that his gain in size was certainly attainable without them.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Yup. One year is a long time when it come to building muscle at that age. The body naturally develops. Now if he was 130 and jumped to 185 thats a completely different story. Genetics def play a role and 20 - 30 pounds and someone with an athletic body type at that age isn't far fetched. I am not saying he didn't use PED's, just that his gain in size was certainly attainable without them.
    Exactly what I'm saying. I'm not saying he definitely didn't take them, just that he could have gained that mass with out them. Like I'm 18 and 155 lbs right now at 6'0." If next year I was 190 lbs, that would be suspicious.

vCash
    Lets just hope he plays like he doped.

vCash
    Yeah I went from 5'4 to 5'10 and from 130 to 180 in a single school year one year. It can happen quick

vCash

You guys seem to forget that you and these kids come from two different places, the nutrition in DR and these other countries is not the same, not of these guys are always skinny when they sign, those who are not are guys who have softer bodies like Aderlin or Pena. These guys bulk up when they come stateside and again Peullo bulked up in one year, not two. As I have stated already reports had him at 195 by age 17.

He was likely around 170 when he signed and again that is being generous given the fact that just about Every kid from DR who does not have a soft body usually is skinny and weights less than that.

So again we are talking about muscle mass gained of about 25 pounds over a period of one year. That amount is almost impossible to achieve without the help of something. I've are not talking regular weight gained because you grew 4-5 inches or because you put on an extra few pounds around your belly. We rare talking muscle mass. I know guys that have not build that much muscle mass in 2-3 years and they work hard at the gym trying to do so naturally.

vCash
    Who cares everyone in baseball uses some kind of PED excuse the man for living in a poor country and trying to feed his family. People are overreacting about steroids/hgh everyone uses them in baseball and football. I remember at a gym in NJ I wont say the name, but everyone was juicing there including Brian Cushing. Sports and HGH go hand n hand right now people just need to accept it.

From 18-19 I went from 170 to 195 working out hard it is possible to gain that kind of weight, but you have to be in the gym almost every single day. I was lanky though so it was easier for my body to fill out. He looks like he has big shoulders like me so its easy to gain weight. He def juiced though.

vCash

Hey if I was in the same situation I would probably do it, hell I will be honest back in my twenties I was trying to build muscle mass and used Andro for a little while to try and get results.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast