Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    ...and I said as much about him not failing a test helps his cause, but again I know enough about roids to understand that some stuff can be undetectable by current tests. I am not naive enough to believe a guy is just a freak of nature(you know like Lance Armstrong was or Ben Johnson) and that he could put on serious amounts of mass in a relative short period all natural.

If you want to believe otherwise, so be it, like I said you can stick your head in the sand all you want and is fine by me.
    Multiple people in this thread have told you that it's possible to gain a large amount of weight in a year or two. I think you are the one with the head in the sand.

vCash
    ...and again I said that if this was likely to happen, then why did any of these other guys did it?, how come other players who played for the same organization have not had similar results?

yeah yeah yeah, because Puello is a natural freak I get it. lol

vCash
    ...and again I said that if this was likely to happen, then why did any of these other guys did it?, how come it has taken other players who played for the same organization did not do that?

yeah yeah yeah, because Puello is a natural freak I get it. lol
    Some of my friends on my baseball team in HS and the guys in this thread must be freaks too because they gained a large amount of weight. lol, that makes more sense.

vCash
    ...and you know for a fact they are telling the truth or are not using something themselves?

I weight lifted since I was 18 dude and am 6'1'' and the most I gained in 1 year doing it natural was 12 pounds and that was from 18-19.

...and again I keep saying muscle mass not just weight, gaining 25 pounds over a year is pretty easy, but not 25 pounds of muscle like a guy like Puello likely did.

vCash
    ...and my final point is that a guy could add 25 pounds of lean muscle in a year, but to do it natural is highly unlikely even with a strict diet and constant training. This is what I learned through the 19 or so years I have worked out with guys in gyms and my own personal experience.
    Last edited by Sick Of It All; 01-31-2013 at 09:07 PM.

vCash
    You guys have some credible points on both sides but this is the type of argument that screams "Baseball can't come back soon enough"

vCash
    1 more month till pitchers and catcher.

vCash
    If Puello was using PED, how come he never gained any weight then?

He didn't have any connection to Nelson Cruz when he was 16. He was listed on the GCL roster at 6'2" 195 in 2008 at 17. (Valdespin by the way was 5'10" 150). Tony Bosch didn't even start his clinic until 2009.

http://www.fanbase.com/GCL-Mets-2008/roster

So big deal, Puello was seen in a Gym. They haven't yet banned going to a gym. The Mets wouldn't have made Puello one of their top bonuses in 2007 if he was a skinny kid. The Mets announced the signing of Puello along with Wilmer Flores in 2007, and called Puello a "great athlete" and said he had "good power".

08/08/2007 -- The New York Mets announced today that they have signed international free agents Cesar David Puello Santana and Wilmer Alejandro Flores. Puello, 16, is an outfielder from the Dominican Republic, while Flores, a 16-year-old infielder, hails from Venezuela. Both players will report to the Mets Instructional League in Port St. Lucie, Florida.

"We are very happy to bring both of these talented young men to the New York Mets organization," said Mets Director of International Operations, Ismael Cruz. "Puello is a great athlete with excellent makeup. He has good power, a good arm and the ability to run," said Cruz.

"Flores is the biggest international signing this year and we are very excited at the opportunity to have him in our organization," states Cruz. "Many teams were bidding higher for him and he chose to come to the Mets ahead of the others for the opportunity to play in our organization. Both signings are a result of a team effort from everybody in international scouting."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
    So he was already big at 16.

You can speculate if you want that he juiced up at 15, but there's really no reason at all to do so. And it's kind of absurd to accuse a 15 or 16 year old of juicing just because he's big and athletic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You guys have some credible points on both sides but this is the type of argument that screams "Baseball can't come back soon enough"
    Word!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post

He didn't have any connection to Nelson Cruz when he was 16. He was listed on the GCL roster at 6'2" 195 in 2008 at 17. (Valdespin by the way was 5'10" 150). Tony Bosch didn't even start his clinic until 2009.

So big deal, Puello was seen in a Gym. They haven't yet banned going to a gym. The Mets wouldn't have made Puello one of their top bonuses in 2007 if he was a skinny kid. The Mets announced the signing of Puello along with Wilmer Flores in 2007, and called Puello a "great athlete" and said he had "good power".

You can speculate if you want that he juiced up at 15, but there's really no reason at all to do so. And it's kind of absurd to accuse a 15 or 16 year old of juicing just because he's big and athletic.
    Thank you for making my point in a way I could never have lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post

"Great athlete" does not mean he was already big at 16 dude.

...and yes we already established that he was already up to 195 pounds by 2008 hence why I said if he was around 170 at age 16 when he signed it meant that he gained some 25 pounds in 1 year.

Obviously none of us know for sure if he used or not, but given the fact that this dude is build like a ****ing tank now and is 6'2'' and at least 220 pounds it does not surprise me that he would be using now or did then.

Also he did not have to know Nelson Cruz to have used PED's in DR is pretty damn easy to get or just about any freaking gyn you go into the US.

vCash
    It is going to be almost impossible for these fools to keep getting away with it not knowing when they will test. Melkey may have gotten a new contract after his 50 game suspension but he lost a whole hell of alot of money because he was an idiot. People will see how much of a fraud the last two years were when he goes out there and hits a shade over .250 with about 9 homers.

vCash
    "Great athlete" does not mean he was already big at 16 dude.

...and yes we already established that he was already up to 195 pounds by 2008 hence why I said if he was around 170 at age 16 when he signed it meant that he gained some 25 pounds in 1 year.

Obviously none of us know for sure if he used or not, but given the fact that this dude is build like a ****ing tank now and is 6'2'' and at least 220 pounds it does not surprise me that he would be using now or did then.

Also he did not have to know Nelson Cruz to have used PED's in DR is pretty damn easy to get or just about any freaking gyn you go into the US.
    But once again you have no evidence he was that light.

vCash

From Alex Rodriguez to Nelson Cruz to Cesar Puello (PED Hysteria)

I already said that multiple times, you really have a hard time understanding dude.

vCash
    I already said that multiple times, you really have a hard time understanding dude.
    You keep saying, "if he was 170." He most likely was not 170, that you did not say.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast