Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 85
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,294
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You guys seem to forget that you and these kids come from two different places, the nutrition in DR and these other countries is not the same, not of these guys are always skinny when they sign, those who are not are guys who have softer bodies like Aderlin or Pena. These guys bulk up when they come stateside and again Peullo bulked up in one year, not two. As I have stated already reports had him at 195 by age 17.

    He was likely around 170 when he signed and again that is being generous given the fact that just about Every kid from DR who does not have a soft body usually is skinny and weights less than that.

    So again we are talking about muscle mass gained of about 25 pounds over a period of one year. That amount is almost impossible to achieve without the help of something. I've are not talking regular weight gained because you grew 4-5 inches or because you put on an extra few pounds around your belly. We rare talking muscle mass. I know guys that have not build that much muscle mass in 2-3 years and they work hard at the gym trying to do so naturally.
    Still doubt he was 170 lol, he's always had a large frame. I will reiterate that not everyone is the same. It's very possible Puello was in between a soft-body like Aderlin, and skinny guy like say Reyes when he was signed.

    If he was 195 at 17, then he had to be 180 at the least when he signed. Unless of course he was shorter when he signed, then he could have been 170.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You guys seem to forget that you and these kids come from two different places, the nutrition in DR and these other countries is not the same, not of these guys are always skinny when they sign, those who are not are guys who have softer bodies like Aderlin or Pena. These guys bulk up when they come stateside and again Peullo bulked up in one year, not two. As I have stated already reports had him at 195 by age 17.

    He was likely around 170 when he signed and again that is being generous given the fact that just about Every kid from DR who does not have a soft body usually is skinny and weights less than that.

    So again we are talking about muscle mass gained of about 25 pounds over a period of one year. That amount is almost impossible to achieve without the help of something. I've are not talking regular weight gained because you grew 4-5 inches or because you put on an extra few pounds around your belly. We rare talking muscle mass. I know guys that have not build that much muscle mass in 2-3 years and they work hard at the gym trying to do so naturally.
    Like I said from 16-17 I put on 25 pounds without any increase in height with nothing but hard lifting and training everyday. All I used was protein supplements and creatine. Both of which are perfectly legal and common supplements. 25 pounds at that age is not unattainable. For a 23-25 year old to put on that much is a stretch but not at 16-18.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,752
    vCash
    1500

    From Alex Rodriguez to Nelson Cruz to Cesar Puello (PED Hysteria)

    If this was so common then why does it seem that Puello is the one guy that did that? And then this comes out?

    Guys like Reyes, Martinez, Flores have taken years to bulk up, but Puello is the one guy that did it over a year?

    Yeah am sure he was the only one who knew about creotine and legal supplements and did it all natural.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    vCash
    1500
    Some of these Latin players either just don't understand that they are testing for this stuff still or they don't understand the consequences for their actions. Screw 50 game suspension, then 100 game suspension garbage because from what the rules are now and the fact that MLB is on a crusade to stop this garbage if a player gets caught now it should be a year suspension with zero pay and then a lifetime ban, period. Make the consequences more stiffer on their wallets and then maybe they'll wake the f up. Manny Ramirez got suspended twice was a sign of plain stupidity at it's finest and some of these players still don't learn. Baseball players play stupid worse than any other professional athletes in the modern day. They act like they've been under a rock for the last few years and then when they get caught they deny deny deny and eventually it comes out that they were full of crap. I am convinced that probably more than 50% of all athletes are on PED's of some kind.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,752
    vCash
    1500

    From Alex Rodriguez to Nelson Cruz to Cesar Puello (PED Hysteria)

    It seems that you do not understand that these guys do not care because of the money that is involved.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,366
    vCash
    1500
    You guys are calling a kid a roider based on a photo. You would do well to take an into level human bio class.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,294
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If this was so common then why does it seem that Puello is the one guy that did that? And then this comes out?

    Guys like Reyes, Martinez, Flores have taken years to bulk up, but Puello is the one guy that did it over a year?

    Yeah am sure he was the only one who knew about creotine and legal supplements and did it all natural.
    Because everyone is different! lol.

    You said guys like Aderlin and Pena were soft-bodied while these other guyswere skinny. Puello was the guy in between. I refuse to believe that he was some skinny 16 year old. Maybe at 14, but not 16.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,752
    vCash
    1500
    Well you can put your head in the sand all you like, but reality is far different. These guys will do anything to get ahead and if that means using PED's then so be it.

    Why is it hard for you to believe that a 16 year old kid did not used PED's to get bigger is beyond me.

    Where there is smoke, there usually if fire.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,294
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Well you can put your head in the sand all you like, but reality is far different. These guys will do anything to get ahead and if that means using PED's then so be it.

    Why is it hard for you to believe that a 16 year old kid did not used PED's to get bigger is beyond me.

    Where there is smoke, there usually if fire.
    Not saying he didn't do it, I'm just saying he wasn't this twig you are making him out to be.

    6'2" 170 lbs is really ****ing skinny, and considering he's 220 lbs now at 21 with no failed tests, I'd say it's a combination of genetics, hard work in the gym, and a proper diet that got him big. 40 lbs in 5 years is very possible.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    @MattHunt22
    Posts
    6,320
    vCash
    500
    25 pounds of muscle over 2 years is very possible if you put in enough work, eat right, and have the right genetics.


    If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,752
    vCash
    1500
    Nobody said he was a twig, I said he likely was about 170 and that is far from a twig. You have a hard time understanding people. A twig was Jose Reyes who when he tried out for the Mets just before he was 16 was 6'0'' and weight 130 pounds. That is skinny, being 6'2'' and weighting 150 would be skinny as well.

    Being 6'2'' and weighing 170 is average given that a medium frame normal male who is 6'2'' could weight from 164-178.

    ...and we are talking adults here not 16 year old teen who usually have not build into their frame.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,294
    vCash
    1500
    If he was 195 at 17 like you say, there is no way he was 170 at 16. Stop this madness.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,752
    vCash
    1500
    Unless he used PED's duh!!!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,294
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Unless he used PED's duh!!!
    You have no evidence he was 170 except saying what other people's weight were when they were signed. That information is useless. Again, I'm not saying he didn't use PEDs, but if he gained weight all these years, you think he's been on it the whole time? There is no way he passed all those tests clean.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,752
    vCash
    1500
    ...and I said as much about him not failing a test helps his cause, but again I know enough about roids to understand that some stuff can be undetectable by current tests. I am not naive enough to believe a guy is just a freak of nature(you know like Lance Armstrong was or Ben Johnson) and that he could put on serious amounts of mass in a relative short period all natural.

    If you want to believe otherwise, so be it, like I said you can stick your head in the sand all you want and is fine by me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •