Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

From Alex Rodriguez to Nelson Cruz to Cesar Puello (PED Hysteria)

There’s almost always a Mets angle.

Yesterday, Jorge Ortiz at USA Today followed up the Miami New Times Steroid/HGH story with one of their own, focused on Nelson Cruz and his links to a trainer, Cesar Paublini.

Here’s the story: Paublini trained Melky Cabrera. This is an adulatory story about Melky Cabrera’s training with Paublini written in the summer of 2012, that includes this nugget:

But Cabrera made two astute decisions before the 2011 season began that ultimately paved the way for a career renaissance: he moved close to A-Rod’s Miami home to work on hitting with the Yankee star and he also hired personal trainer Cesar Paublini to get him in shape.

Cruz has given shifty, evasive answers about Paublini (which of course is evidence of absolutely nothing).

The Mets connection is that Cesar Puello appears in a picture at the gym with Cabrera, Cruz and Paublini. The fact is that Puello was in a gym where Major League players, some of whom have tested positive for PEDs were working out. That is hardly proof he used, or has used a banned substance and he was not mentioned in the original Miami New Times piece. Until he tests positive for a banned substance, I will treat him, and his burly shoulders as innocent.
    http://metsminorleagueblog.com/cesar...-ped-hysteria/

Here is the picture:

vCash
    Jeez, is everyone somehow connected to these types of trainers, gyms and "health" facilities?
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Puello is build like a house, so am not surprised.

vCash
    He's always been big, so I doubt he's on PEDs.

He's got the big league body, just hope he develops the skills.

vCash
    not when he was 16 and signed dude, he was a guy that a couple of years ago all of sudden was build like a house, meanwhile guys like Flores have been around the same time and is still not fully build.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    not when he was 16 and signed dude, he was a guy that a couple of years ago all of sudden was build like a house, meanwhile guys like Flores have been around the same time and is still not fully build.
    Here's Puello at 18: http://tricitiessports.com/clients/t...ortMets-31.jpg

Still looks pretty big to me. He has just been filling out.

vCash
    Yeah, from 16 to 18 the dude got huge, that does not happen normally dude, is not like he has developed that frame over 5-6 years.

vCash
    Yeah, from 16 to 18 the dude got huge, that does not happen normally dude, is not like he has developed that frame over 5-6 years.
    What did he look like when he was 16?

Also I've seen athletes get significantly bigger from 16 to 18 without roids.

vCash
    The guys I seen get that big from 16-18 used supplements and stuff to enhance their growth.

This guy was 6'2'' 195 at 18 and build like a brick house, money is on him using something to get there, most guys build that mass until they hit their 20's.

vCash
    The guys I seen get that big from 16-18 used supplements and stuff to enhance their growth.

This guy was 6'2'' 195 at 18 and build like a brick house, money is on him using something to get there, most guys build that mass until they hit their 20's.
    But you haven't told me how skinny he was when he was 16. Say he was 6'2" 180 lbs at 16(which is very possible) with professional trainers, it's very conceivable that he could gain 15 more pounds in two years. He could have just took protein supplements and ate right.

vCash
    I honestly do not remember how big he was when he signed, but he likely was 170 something at most dude. not many 16 year old's are 180-185 and build very muscular.

When he signed he was described as athletic, which imo means he was lean, not bulky.

...but by 2009 there were reports that he already was muscular.
    Last edited by Sick Of It All; 01-30-2013 at 10:10 PM.

vCash
    I honestly do not remember how big he was when he signed, but he likely was 170 something at most dude. not many 16 year old's are 180-185 and build very muscular.

When he signed he was described as athletic, which imo means he was lean, not bulky.
    That's not true at all, some 16 year olds are definitely 180 lbs. Also 6'2" 180 lbs. is not bulky, that's lean and athletic.

vCash
    ...but again 15 pounds of muscle in a year or so is suspicious period and that is if he was 180, which likely is being generous as he was likely 175 or around there, so he could of gained 20-25 pounds of muscle in a year or so.

While is possible that he could of done that naturally I highly doubt it since is uncommon for that to happen as many teenagers take years to build that kind of muscle mass, with that said the benefit of doubt is on his favor because he has not failed any test as of yet and the rules are a lot stricter in the minors.

vCash
    ...but again 15 pounds of muscle in a year or so is suspicious period and that is if he was 180, which likely is being generous as he was likely 175 or around there, so he could of gained 20-25 pounds of muscle in a year or so.

While is possible that he could of done that naturally I highly doubt it since is uncommon for that to happen as many teenagers take years to build that kind of muscle mass, with that said the benefit of doubt is on his favor because he has not failed any test as of yet and the rules are a lot stricter in the minors.
    I think was always naturally big and strong. Not every teenager is a scrawny lanky guy. I've seen some pretty ripped teenagers, it's all genetics.

I mean he's around 220 lbs now, so I think he just filled out. Look at Darrell Ceciliani, he was another guy that looks like he was always naturally big and he's 220 also.

vCash
    I think he was lean and strong and could be that at around 170 lbs, not saying he was not muscular. His physique is not lanky.

...and Ceciliani was that big at age 19-20 when he was drafted.

Yes you are right genetics is a big factor and some guys are huge even young, but is not like Puello was describe as that when he first signed at 16.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast