Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 91 to 103 of 103
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Now
    Posts
    17,653
    vCash
    1500
    "Practicing homosexuality"

    The stupidest thing I will probably ever read.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    440
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth49er View Post
    I can go on and on about this post and what I disagree with but I'll keep it simple. If I'm gay and in the NFL and you're straight in the NFL, it should have nothing to do with our equal rights off the field. Gay guys in the NFL aren't coming out because of how they will be treated in their place of employment. In the real world, I feel we should all be treated the same also. I'm straight and I have the choice to choose a woman of my liking, so let me be with her regardless of race or whatever else. If someone else chooses the same gender then so be it. How is that hurting me? How am I responsible for their actions? I'm not!! As it relates to President Obama and Governor Romney, that's just politics. The President ran on a ticket of painting Romney as a rich out of touch person with the average middle-class person, and Romney ran on a ticket of the Presidentís not one of us and is a threat to our freedom. When it's all said and done, the President succeeded with painting Romney as a rich individual who evades the taxes that the everyday citizen pays, and Romney failed to paint the President as the same person. In the end the only one still suffering is you and I who bust our butts to make ends meet while living by a tax code that doesn't apply to the wealthy lol.
    See the sad thing is most of us agree on 90% of things but for some reason the little things we disagree on makes the situation so polarized. I agree with the majority of what you said. WE can get into politics another time but in regards to gays, my point is that nobody is stopping them from coming out or trying to be on the team. The 49ers manangement is okay with it. A lot of players are okay with it. The coaches are okay with it. The NFL is okay with it. And a lot of fans are okay with it. So my point is that Cullivers comments are his own personal opinion that means nothing in regards to policy and determining whether or not gays can play in the NFL. I agree with you. Gays should have equal rights on the football field. They shouldn't be paid any less, they shouldn't be past over in the draft because they're gay, they should be viewed at the same way as a normal football player. However, if a couple guys on the team happen to be uncomfortable showering or standing next to the gay guy in the locker room then that is OKAY! Odds are they will learn that its not a big deal or eventually they just wont care but if they do a little bit then that is okay. My best example has to do with religion. When i played high school football team, me and a lot of guys close to me on the team all follow the same religion. WE also had a mormon guy on the team that hangs out with us. He's our brother and we love the guy. WE disagree with mormon teachings on a fundamental level and sometimes it may get awkward when discussing a certain subject and we avoided talking about certain things. In the same sense, its okay if it is awkward for some guys to shower or get naked in front of a gay person. I know gays arent attracted to all men or what have you but its the same logic behind why we have male and female bathrooms. They are divided based on sexuality. Not saying the gay player cant be in the locker room Im just saying its okay for players to feel uncomfortable with it, is that too hard of a concept to understand?

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    440
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Being opposed to homosexuality doesn't make you ignorant or hateful.
    Thank you. Somebody in here sees the illogical reasoning. Its possible to disagree with something while also being educated and respectful.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,414
    vCash
    1500
    the word "f_g" in British is a cigarette

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    1. He didn't just say that he would be uncomfortable with a gay teammate in the locker room or that while he opposed homosexuality that he would still accept a gay teammate. He also said that they need to get out and that any gay NFL player should wait 10 years after they retire to come out. That's the part that is hateful and comes across as ignorant.

    2. I'm sick and tired of hearing it's just so and so's opinion. Opinions can be wrong. If I said that black people are inferior to white people, saying that it's just my opinion doesn't make my comments any less ignorant or hateful. Saying that I'm ok with them being around and that I'm nice to them wouldn't change how ignorant and hateful this statement would be.

    3. This isn't for you, just heimdog. Quit with this liberal BS. Equal rights for everyone no matter there race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc. should not be a political issue. If you do think it is, then I generally feel sorry for you.
    This will be my last post concerning this. I like you as a poster on this site and when discussing the 49ers, we generally agree. However, you did not really address what I said in the last post. My post didn't really have anything to do with what Culliver said. I made the statement that opposing homosexuality doesn't mean that you are ignorant and hateful. You said that it did. I believe my post demonstrated that it did not. Besides the fact that those are loaded words, you aren't using them correctly. Many well-read and highly intelligent individuals find homosexuality to be immoral behavior. Many well-read and highly intelligent individuals find homosexuality to be a perfectly moral behavior. Neither are ignorant because of their positions. I used the example of my mom to demonstrate that you can be very loving towards someone while disapproving of their behavior. I don't think you can lump sexuality in with race or ethnicity. Two are inherent traits. One is a behavior. You might argue that people are born gay, but I think the evidence suggests that they are not. For instance, my mom was straight for 27 years of her life. She wasn't just afraid to come out. She was attracted to and in love with my dad. Now she is gay. On top of that, we can look at dna and see determine the race of a person. There is no gay gene. I know many have searched for it, but for now it is hypothetical. Finally, there are documented cases of identical twins where one is gay and the other is not. If it was genetic, then both would or would not be gay. Regardless, I assume there is some point where even you will draw a moral line on sexual behavior. Maybe you find adultery immoral. If not that, perhaps you find incest immoral. If not that, you probably find pedophilia immoral. You draw the moral line somewhere, and wherever that line is, someone can make the homosexual argument that they were born that way, that that's who they are, or that they couldn't live a lie anymore. Those aren't really arguments; they are emotion laden statements. At the end of the day, I doubt you have changed your mind on this issue and I certainly haven't changed mine. We're just beating the dead horse now. Hopefully, as we both debate this with others in our lives we can use sound reasoning and accurate portrayals of the other side instead of loaded words that don't accurately portray the other side.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    440
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    1. He didn't just say that he would be uncomfortable with a gay teammate in the locker room or that while he opposed homosexuality that he would still accept a gay teammate. He also said that they need to get out and that any gay NFL player should wait 10 years after they retire to come out. That's the part that is hateful and comes across as ignorant.

    2. I'm sick and tired of hearing it's just so and so's opinion. Opinions can be wrong. If I said that black people are inferior to white people, saying that it's just my opinion doesn't make my comments any less ignorant or hateful. Saying that I'm ok with them being around and that I'm nice to them wouldn't change how ignorant and hateful this statement would be.

    3. This isn't for you, just heimdog. Quit with this liberal BS. Equal rights for everyone no matter there race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc. should not be a political issue. If you do think it is, then I generally feel sorry for you.
    1. You may have a point in the sense that he said it wouldnt be accepted or that they had no place in the league. That can be construed as being discriminatory. However, being opposed to homosexuality in general or simply being uncomfortable with a gay player next to you in shower is a legitimate good reason that a player has the right to believe if they so choose. But yes he could have been more tactful if he does indeed oppose homosexuality.

    2. See your argument falls apart when you use the analogy of homosexuals and blacks. Its absurd argument. I can give you a 30 page paper about about the logic does not hold up but I'll just give you this: The belief that homosexual acts are immoral is not the same kind of claim as the belief that black people are inferior because they are black. When we deem homosexual acts immoral, we are not stigmatizing a class of persons; weíre exercising our moral reason about the rightness and wrongness of actions. Unlike racism, principled opposition to homosexual rights has a firm basis. Itís normal to judge behavior, including (and, perhaps especially) sexual behavior. Thatís why describing homosexual acts as immoral is not at all like calling black men and women inferior.

    3. If you have read any of my responses then you would see that I am for equality. I'm just also in favor of freedom and liberty for people including people who hold deep religious or moral beliefs. I believe you aren't showing those people equality. Should I call you a bigot as well? It's a more complex issue than you think and to simply demonize the other side as haters just because they don't agree with you isnt right. You can fundamentally disagree with mine, or others opinions, but that doesnt therefore make us haters. And it sure as heck doesn't make your claims justifiable.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    "Practicing homosexuality"

    The stupidest thing I will probably ever read.
    Would you rather I said, "engaging in homosexual activity" instead of "practicing homosexuality?" Both are accurate statements, however, as the term "practicing" can mean actively engaging in a specified way of life. Someone who practices homosexuality actively engages in the homosexual way of life.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    440
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    This will be my last post concerning this. I like you as a poster on this site and when discussing the 49ers, we generally agree. However, you did not really address what I said in the last post. My post didn't really have anything to do with what Culliver said. I made the statement that opposing homosexuality doesn't mean that you are ignorant and hateful. You said that it did. I believe my post demonstrated that it did not. Besides the fact that those are loaded words, you aren't using them correctly. Many well-read and highly intelligent individuals find homosexuality to be immoral behavior. Many well-read and highly intelligent individuals find homosexuality to be a perfectly moral behavior. Neither are ignorant because of their positions. I used the example of my mom to demonstrate that you can be very loving towards someone while disapproving of their behavior. I don't think you can lump sexuality in with race or ethnicity. Two are inherent traits. One is a behavior. You might argue that people are born gay, but I think the evidence suggests that they are not. For instance, my mom was straight for 27 years of her life. She wasn't just afraid to come out. She was attracted to and in love with my dad. Now she is gay. On top of that, we can look at dna and see determine the race of a person. There is no gay gene. I know many have searched for it, but for now it is hypothetical. Finally, there are documented cases of identical twins where one is gay and the other is not. If it was genetic, then both would or would not be gay. Regardless, I assume there is some point where even you will draw a moral line on sexual behavior. Maybe you find adultery immoral. If not that, perhaps you find incest immoral. If not that, you probably find pedophilia immoral. You draw the moral line somewhere, and wherever that line is, someone can make the homosexual argument that they were born that way, that that's who they are, or that they couldn't live a lie anymore. Those aren't really arguments; they are emotion laden statements. At the end of the day, I doubt you have changed your mind on this issue and I certainly haven't changed mine. We're just beating the dead horse now. Hopefully, as we both debate this with others in our lives we can use sound reasoning and accurate portrayals of the other side instead of loaded words that don't accurately portray the other side.

    Dang, that was a good description. I'm right there with you. I'm tired of being called a hater or people questioning my heart simply because I disagree with something from a moral standpoint.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    24,217
    vCash
    1500
    I'm just going to post this and not post in here again. Being gay is no more of a choice than being black is. The science on it is overwhelming. To discriminate against a homosexual because he is gay is wrong. No matter how educated someone can be it is ignorant to come to that conclusion.

    If people want to call me a bigot because I don't tolerate people with this view that's perfectly fine with me.

    #PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Being opposed to homosexuality doesn't make you ignorant or hateful.
    there's a difference between being opposed to it, and then going out of your way to act in a hateful way towards it. Culliver doesn't have to support homosexuality, but if he's going to act upon it in hateful ways such as segregating a teammate, THAT is ignorance and hateful.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,883
    vCash
    1500
    This thread needs to be closed
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,550
    vCash
    1500
    Go 9ers???

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,243
    vCash
    1500
    Sorry guys, should have closed this sooner.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •