Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 103
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    460
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaDude420 View Post
    Oh heimdog, here's a definition of a bigot for you -- a person who is or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

    Sounds like Culliver is a bigot by Websters definition And please, lesbians would laugh you out of the shower. You disregarded the entire scenario. And if gays ran the world we'd grow babies in tubes. No one likes to see a woman's stomach after birth. It looks like raw pizza dough.
    Sounds to me like your a bigot against people who disagree with you on a moral level? You seem to be intolerant of people and religions who have held the same opinions about homosexuality for thousands of years. And you want to come in here and try to say they are not being understanding. Why not respect the morals and views of the MAJORITY of people. Plus, no one is hating on you. They just simply disagree with the idea on a fundamental level. I am perfectly happy to let you have your freedom to do whatever you want. But that doesnt mean I cant disagree with it morally.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    460
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I personally would not want to shower with a bunch of lesbians. Lesbehonest here, a good majority of lesbians are butch. Lay off the porn.

    And to your Third, who cares? Religion preaches about doing right, being peaceful, if you get slapped turn the other cheek type of stuff. If religion is all about the good, how come there has been soooooooooooooooooooooooo many wars and deaths because of ones religion? Isn't the the opposite of what religion is? Your whole post comes off of you being a *******. Is everyone in this world programed the same? Nope...Is every man programed the same? Nope. Every woman? Nope. Everyone is attracted to something else. You have people out there that don't like either sex. Are they wrong? Just appauling how some of the people are in this world.
    Lol true that. Most of them are butch. If you really wanna get in a deep conversation in regards to religion, we can. However, if you're trying to say that because religion is not that great therefore homosexuality is okay, thats not good logic.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,076
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    Lol true that. Most of them are butch. If you really wanna get in a deep conversation in regards to religion, we can. However, if you're trying to say that because religion is not that great therefore homosexuality is okay, thats not good logic.
    No that's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is you can take whatever religion says with a grain of salt. Religion doesn't make things ok and not ok. God imposes free will, being gay is a part of free will. How is it free will to tell someone what they are is wrong? That, to me, sounds like the bigger sin.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,076
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    Sounds to me like your a bigot against people who disagree with you on a moral level? You seem to be intolerant of people and religions who have held the same opinions about homosexuality for thousands of years. And you want to come in here and try to say they are not being understanding. Why not respect the morals and views of the MAJORITY of people. Plus, no one is hating on you. They just simply disagree with the idea on a fundamental level. I am perfectly happy to let you have your freedom to do whatever you want. But that doesnt mean I cant disagree with it morally.
    Whats funny is you're wrong. In ancient times it was not uncommon for men to sleep together allllllllllll the time
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    24,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    Sounds to me like your a bigot against people who disagree with you on a moral level? You seem to be intolerant of people and religions who have held the same opinions about homosexuality for thousands of years. And you want to come in here and try to say they are not being understanding. Why not respect the morals and views of the MAJORITY of people. Plus, no one is hating on you. They just simply disagree with the idea on a fundamental level. I am perfectly happy to let you have your freedom to do whatever you want. But that doesnt mean I cant disagree with it morally.
    I'm very intolerant against people and religions who don't respect others. I don't have to respect anybody's views. I just have to acknowledge them.

    The part that pisses me off is when he says they should wait 10 years to come out. That to me is the disrespectful part of it all. I could care less if he's uncomfortable because I don't like changing in front of anyone except my girlfriend. I find nothing comfortable with getting nude in front of a guy gay or straight.

    Odds are there is likely a gay player on the team. That guy doesn't feel comfortable enough to come out because of the views that Culliver and most likely many nfl players feel.

    I could also care less if a supposed "majority" of people think being gay is wrong. In the future they will be looked at in the same way as racists are now.

    #PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    460
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    No that's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is you can take whatever religion says with a grain of salt. Religion doesn't make things ok and not ok. God imposes free will, being gay is a part of free will. How is it free will to tell someone what they are is wrong? That, to me, sounds like the bigger sin.

    That is your opinion. Most people believe their religion to be the right religion and the answer to lifes fundamental questions. yes, you can question them if you so choose. But that would make you an agnostic or on the fence, etc. Most people believe passionately in either the Bible the Koran, etc. I agree though, God gives free will to everyone to do what they choose for themselves. However, this country was founded on judeo christian principles and still to this day, over 50% of the country believes fundamentally in the Judeo christian teachings which clearly state homosexuality is deviant behavior. Is society being hypocritical by endorsing sex before marriage, promiscuity, etc while demonizing gays? Ya thats probably true. But my point in this whole thing is not to say whether or not its right. That is a different fundamental question and also a belief. I'm just saying that Chris Culliver has the right to not be okay with having a gay team mate. Whether or not you think it is right is besides the point. If he feels that having a gay team mate would make him feel uncomfortable then so be it. He's not saying gays cant play football or be in the locker room and hes not trying to take their rights away. Hes just saying he would feel awkward and weird with having a gay team mate. How is that discriminatory?

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,076
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    That is your opinion. Most people believe their religion to be the right religion and the answer to lifes fundamental questions. yes, you can question them if you so choose. But that would make you an agnostic or on the fence, etc. Most people believe passionately in either the Bible the Koran, etc. I agree though, God gives free will to everyone to do what they choose for themselves. However, this country was founded on judeo christian principles and still to this day, over 50% of the country believes fundamentally in the Judeo christian teachings which clearly state homosexuality is deviant behavior. Is society being hypocritical by endorsing sex before marriage, promiscuity, etc while demonizing gays? Ya thats probably true. But my point in this whole thing is not to say whether or not its right. That is a different fundamental question and also a belief. I'm just saying that Chris Culliver has the right to not be okay with having a gay team mate. Whether or not you think it is right is besides the point. If he feels that having a gay team mate would make him feel uncomfortable then so be it. He's not saying gays cant play football or be in the locker room and hes not trying to take their rights away. Hes just saying he would feel awkward and weird with having a gay team mate. How is that discriminatory?
    This country was given a religion to believe. Lol. If someone else "found" this new land and gave us a different religion, well, we'd have different religion.

    He's saying if someone is gay, they should keep it in til 10 years after he quits football. It's like saying I'm ok with you, unless your gay then get the **** away from me. Thats discriminatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,254
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    To your pathetic analogy, my first thought is how do people reproduce in your world? Kinda an important part of life lol. Secondly, I dont know a straight man on the planet that wouldn't love to shower with a bunch of lesbians. Thats a straight mans fantasy. Thirdly, whatever you do, do not get into the conversation of right and wrong. I can cite you multiple reasons how being gay goes against morals and every religion out there as well as being unnatural from an evolutionary stand point. I completely agree with respect and I believe in personal freedom. People should have the right to live however they choose, its not my place to tell them what they can do. But once it starts infringing on me or my personal space, I can state my opinion on my comfort level. And I personally have never beaten a gay person, never mocked them, or harassed them but I have been called a bigot or racist or sexist or all these other terms that liberals like to coin people for not believing in their political agenda. I can disagree with policy and philosophy without being a hater of the contrary. Its a fallacy on your part
    I consider myself a liberal but I have never called anyone any of these things because they don't share my political views. Liberals generally are just looking for equality for everyone. You seem to have a problem with everyone being equal, which is sad in my opinion. So for you to group all of us "liberals" into one pool is no different than these "liberals" grouping you with bigots and racists and sexist individuals. The bottom-line is people need to learn to accept others for who they are and understand that as long as that person isn't causing direct harm to you, then it's whatever. I see people all the time that donít believe in God but it doesn't bother me because I do, and I know personally that He wants me to love all people. I also know and believe that He has the final judgment on how I lived my life, so if I'm going to hell I'm going for something that I DID and how I LIVED...not what someone else did or how they lived. Ppl need to get over the obsession with disliking people who aren't the same as them. That's just being an ignorant human being. Regardless of race, gender or sexual preference, nothing and I mean NOTHING makes you superior to any other human being. Regardless of what twisted Oedipus complex one has. Thatís all I have to say about this topic, hell itís almost Super Bowl day.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    460
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I'm very intolerant against people and religions who don't respect others. I don't have to respect anybody's views. I just have to acknowledge them.

    The part that pisses me off is when he says they should wait 10 years to come out. That to me is the disrespectful part of it all. I could care less if he's uncomfortable because I don't like changing in front of anyone except my girlfriend. I find nothing comfortable with getting nude in front of a guy gay or straight.

    Odds are there is likely a gay player on the team. That guy doesn't feel comfortable enough to come out because of the views that Culliver and most likely many nfl players feel.

    I could also care less if a supposed "majority" of people think being gay is wrong. In the future they will be looked at in the same way as racists are now.

    So your intolerant against people and religions who dont respect other people but yet you also say you dont have to respect anybodys views?

    I could agree with you that the wait 10 years to come out thing was definitely over the top.

    However, to compare people who believe being gay is wrong with that of being a "racist" is absolutely ridiculous. No where near the same argument and not at all a good analogy. Thats my point this whole time though, the far left likes to characterize and demonize anybody that doesnt agree with their principles and policies by deeming them a racist, sexist, bigot, or what have you. They avoid the conversation on principle, policy and philosophy and simply resort to name calling as a way to try to demonize those who dont agree with them. Its a bully tactic and a logical fallacy. It needs to stop

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    460
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth49er View Post
    I consider myself a liberal but I have never called anyone any of these things because they don't share my political views. Liberals generally are just looking for equality for everyone. You seem to have a problem with everyone being equal, which is sad in my opinion. So for you to group all of us "liberals" into one pool is no different than these "liberals" grouping you with bigots and racists and sexist individuals. The bottom-line is people need to learn to accept others for who they are and understand that as long as that person isn't causing direct harm to you, then it's whatever. I see people all the time that don’t believe in God but it doesn't bother me because I do, and I know personally that He wants me to love all people. I also know and believe that He has the final judgment on how I lived my life, so if I'm going to hell I'm going for something that I DID and how I LIVED...not what someone else did or how they lived. Ppl need to get over the obsession with disliking people who aren't the same as them. That's just being an ignorant human being. Regardless of race, gender or sexual preference, nothing and I mean NOTHING makes you superior to any other human being. Regardless of what twisted Oedipus complex one has. That’s all I have to say about this topic, hell it’s almost Super Bowl day.

    I agree with most of what you said especially the last half. I respect you for never calling people names like what I'm referring to and yes your right I should not have lumped all liberals together. I meant that the tendency of the left is to demonize the opposition as being not caring, or a hater, or selfish or what have you. I'm glad you are not one of them but at least hear me out to the terrible logic. Look at this past election for example, Obama's entire campaign was not at all about what he was going to do for the next 4 years or about what he has done the past 4 years. His entire campaign was built around trying to make the entire country think that Mitt Romney was a selfish, racist, sexist, bigot who only cared about rich billionaires and nothing else. Romney tried to build his campaign talking about how Obama hasnt been effective the past 4 years and how romney would be a little different. But nobody wants to trust a man who is a selfish, racist, bigot, who doesnt give a damn about anybody. Obamas emotional manipulation on the masses worked. In the same way, I don't have to defend my heart. I have two black room mates. I personally know a few gay people. I love women and believe they are just as capable as men in 99% of areas in life and in most cases are better than men. I am the first person to defend freedom for all. So to question my heart, my love, my respect, my admiration, my feelings towards other people simply because I differ with you or others from a philosophical or policy standpoint is flat out offensive to me and a fallacy on your part. See I too am a believer in equality. I believe in equal opportunity. However, unlike many liberals, I don't believe in equal outcomes. The simple difference between a conservative and a liberal is conservatives simply want opportunity for everyone. Liberals want equal results for everyone. So hypothetically if a gay player is allowed to play in the NFL, and allowed to do everything another player does, they are allowed to get married, and have sex with whoever they want with no body getting into their business, is that fair enough? What if some of the players are still uncomfortable with it? Does that now make it unequal or is the opportunity the same? A better example is with the healthcare system. I believe their should be opportunity for everyone to receive some sort of healthcare. Are there going to be some people who receive better healthcare because they have millions of dollars to afford the best medicine, doctors, etc? Yes of course. But does that make the system unfair? To me it seems unfair to make everyone pay the same price for healthcare and mandate healthcare for all people. Why should the person who runs every morning and eats healthy have to pay the same price as somebody who is 200 pounds overweight and destroying his heart, or somebody who has a long history of smoking or alcohol abuse. See the opportunity is the system that is provided, the outcome is based on your own personal responsibility to the situation. Making the outcomes the same for all people is unrealistic and it takes away motivation for people to excel.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,254
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I agree with most of what you said especially the last half. I respect you for never calling people names like what I'm referring to and yes your right I should not have lumped all liberals together. I meant that the tendency of the left is to demonize the opposition as being not caring, or a hater, or selfish or what have you. I'm glad you are not one of them but at least hear me out to the terrible logic. Look at this past election for example, Obama's entire campaign was not at all about what he was going to do for the next 4 years or about what he has done the past 4 years. His entire campaign was built around trying to make the entire country think that Mitt Romney was a selfish, racist, sexist, bigot who only cared about rich billionaires and nothing else. Romney tried to build his campaign talking about how Obama hasnt been effective the past 4 years and how romney would be a little different. But nobody wants to trust a man who is a selfish, racist, bigot, who doesnt give a damn about anybody. Obamas emotional manipulation on the masses worked. In the same way, I don't have to defend my heart. I have two black room mates. I personally know a few gay people. I love women and believe they are just as capable as men in 99% of areas in life and in most cases are better than men. I am the first person to defend freedom for all. So to question my heart, my love, my respect, my admiration, my feelings towards other people simply because I differ with you or others from a philosophical or policy standpoint is flat out offensive to me and a fallacy on your part. See I too am a believer in equality. I believe in equal opportunity. However, unlike many liberals, I don't believe in equal outcomes. The simple difference between a conservative and a liberal is conservatives simply want opportunity for everyone. Liberals want equal results for everyone. So hypothetically if a gay player is allowed to play in the NFL, and allowed to do everything another player does, they are allowed to get married, and have sex with whoever they want with no body getting into their business, is that fair enough? What if some of the players are still uncomfortable with it? Does that now make it unequal or is the opportunity the same? A better example is with the healthcare system. I believe their should be opportunity for everyone to receive some sort of healthcare. Are there going to be some people who receive better healthcare because they have millions of dollars to afford the best medicine, doctors, etc? Yes of course. But does that make the system unfair? To me it seems unfair to make everyone pay the same price for healthcare and mandate healthcare for all people. Why should the person who runs every morning and eats healthy have to pay the same price as somebody who is 200 pounds overweight and destroying his heart, or somebody who has a long history of smoking or alcohol abuse. See the opportunity is the system that is provided, the outcome is based on your own personal responsibility to the situation. Making the outcomes the same for all people is unrealistic and it takes away motivation for people to excel.
    I can go on and on about this post and what I disagree with but I'll keep it simple. If I'm gay and in the NFL and you're straight in the NFL, it should have nothing to do with our equal rights off the field. Gay guys in the NFL aren't coming out because of how they will be treated in their place of employment. In the real world, I feel we should all be treated the same also. I'm straight and I have the choice to choose a woman of my liking, so let me be with her regardless of race or whatever else. If someone else chooses the same gender then so be it. How is that hurting me? How am I responsible for their actions? I'm not!! As it relates to President Obama and Governor Romney, that's just politics. The President ran on a ticket of painting Romney as a rich out of touch person with the average middle-class person, and Romney ran on a ticket of the President’s not one of us and is a threat to our freedom. When it's all said and done, the President succeeded with painting Romney as a rich individual who evades the taxes that the everyday citizen pays, and Romney failed to paint the President as the same person. In the end the only one still suffering is you and I who bust our butts to make ends meet while living by a tax code that doesn't apply to the wealthy lol.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Fine, how about he preaches ignorant hate speech.
    Being opposed to homosexuality doesn't make you ignorant or hateful.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    24,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Being opposed to homosexuality doesn't make you ignorant or hateful.
    Yeah it does.

    #PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

  14. #89
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Yeah it does.
    No, actually it doesn't. Ignorant means lacking knowledge or intelligence. Someone can be very well educated and still come to the conclusion that practicing homosexuality is immoral. You may disagree, but that is your opinion and the opposite is theirs. It doesn't mean either person is ignorant. It means that they have both come to a different conclusion about the behavior. As far as the hateful part, people can disagree with a person's behavior without hating the person. For instance, I love my mother (who is a practicing homosexual), but I think homosexuality is an immoral behavior. I love my mother and we get along well, but I don't support her homosexual lifestyle. It's the same way you could love someone who cheats on their spouse, but be opposed to adultery. At least if you are going to attach labels to people who disagree with you on a particular issue, attach ones that are accurate. For instance, you could say that people who are opposed to homosexual actions are discriminating against homosexuals and you would be accurate. However, I would respond and say that you also discriminate against certain groups of people.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    24,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    No, actually it doesn't. Ignorant means lacking knowledge or intelligence. Someone can be very well educated and still come to the conclusion that practicing homosexuality is immoral. You may disagree, but that is your opinion and the opposite is theirs. It doesn't mean either person is ignorant. It means that they have both come to a different conclusion about the behavior. As far as the hateful part, people can disagree with a person's behavior without hating the person. For instance, I love my mother (who is a practicing homosexual), but I think homosexuality is an immoral behavior. I love my mother and we get along well, but I don't support her homosexual lifestyle. It's the same way you could love someone who cheats on their spouse, but be opposed to adultery. At least if you are going to attach labels to people who disagree with you on a particular issue, attach ones that are accurate. For instance, you could say that people who are opposed to homosexual actions are discriminating against homosexuals and you would be accurate. However, I would respond and say that you also discriminate against certain groups of people.
    1. He didn't just say that he would be uncomfortable with a gay teammate in the locker room or that while he opposed homosexuality that he would still accept a gay teammate. He also said that they need to get out and that any gay NFL player should wait 10 years after they retire to come out. That's the part that is hateful and comes across as ignorant.

    2. I'm sick and tired of hearing it's just so and so's opinion. Opinions can be wrong. If I said that black people are inferior to white people, saying that it's just my opinion doesn't make my comments any less ignorant or hateful. Saying that I'm ok with them being around and that I'm nice to them wouldn't change how ignorant and hateful this statement would be.

    3. This isn't for you, just heimdog. Quit with this liberal BS. Equal rights for everyone no matter there race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc. should not be a political issue. If you do think it is, then I generally feel sorry for you.

    #PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •