Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    All you guests come on in and join the forum. You get a wider picture of the Memphis Grizzlies here than in an isolated narrower forum.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    How do Pistons fans feel about giving up Daye and Prince for Calderon?
    Everyone is extremely happy.. But weve been ready for this team to get blown up for awhile now..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j falk View Post
    we're not excited about it because rudy has been a great player for us for so long. Think about it...in the last month we've lost rudy, speights, a 1st round pick, ellington, selby and haddadi....we're just tired of losing all the guys we've learned to love.

With that said, i think there is a good chance we get better as a team after all this while also being financially responsible.

I know we're getting good players in davis and prince, but what about daye? I see that he's shooting over 50% from 3 on the season. Last year he had a horrible year from 3, and the year before he shot over 40%. I think he could end up being a great piece for us because we need as many good 3pt shooters as we can get with our inside/out style of play. Can he play the 3 or is he not athletic enough? I also like prince because i know he can shoot, but he doesn't have to have the ball in his hands all the time and he fits our grit and grind style. Davis is going to be a great backup big...he plays like a little zbo from what i've seen of him...having him learn from z will be amazing..

Conley/wroten/bayless
    ta/bayless/pondexter
    prince/pondexter/daye/da
    zbo/da/ed davis/daye/leuer
    marc/ed davis/leuer

wow....we have so many different combinations of lineups we can use now...again, i'd love for pistons fans to tell me why i should or shouldn't be excited about daye. As of now, he's the reason i'm ok with this trade. If it would've been just prince and davis, i'd be pretty stunned. I see daye as a guy that will come in and play small forward for us. A 6'11 24 year old that is shooting 53% from 3..is there something i'm missing? Is he a horrible defender or something? Lol...

How do pistons fans feel about giving up daye and prince for calderon?
    he has an extremely low basketball iq, weak defender

vCash
    Mike Conley will get the last shot spot now
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

vCash
    Interesting fact: Both Z-BO and Davis contracts expire in 2014. Will it be one or the other? I think that we get a good shot blocker we needed in Davis. I love Prince and he will be important for guarding Durant. This new look team can allow us to play small, big, long or quick. Anxious to see them play soon!

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Personally i see

Conley/Wroten/Bayless
    Allen/Bayless/Johnson
    Prince/Pondexter(when healthy)/Daye
    Randolph/Arthur/Leuer
    Gasol/Davis

I see either Chris Johnson or Daye being the 12th man. I would like to see Johnson extended an offer for the remainder of the season. Whoever is not the 12th man send to D-League affiliate

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    To answer questions about Daye.His positives are he's a good three point shooter and has a very nice shooting stroke but once defenses start to contest or harass him he usually gets out muscled or just can't seem to control the rock.Hes best as a bench player to just come in and hit some open shots.To be fair to him we never really invested a whole lot of playing time in him but he has shown a lot of improvement this year especially with the three ball.He seemed to play good in a stretch 4 type of role this season but mostly because he was playing in a line up with Drummond.who has been a force near the rim which really opened things up for Daye on the 3 point line which shows on his 3pt%.Other than that though he just to puny to really get physical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    Interesting fact: Both Z-BO and Davis contracts expire in 2014. Will it be one or the other? I think that we get a good shot blocker we needed in Davis. I love Prince and he will be important for guarding Durant. This new look team can allow us to play small, big, long or quick. Anxious to see them play soon!
    I agree...and like I said, Ed Davis looks like a little Zbo..that is a very interesting point you make.

Hopefully the timing of this trade gives us enough time to form some synergy before we make our playoff run. If these guys come together, I think this team could be very scary with all these new 3pt shooters we have.

vCash
    Well those big bruisers of a front line will toughen him up in practice!
    Guess I've been prepared for this over a month now so let's get on with it. It's a business and the FO has spoken

vCash
    Well at least you now what your going to get with Tay every night.Hes a player that can do everything good but not one thing great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Well at least you now what your going to get with Tay every night.Hes a player that can do everything good but not one thing great.
    Works for me. Sit in on a few with us after he's being worked in. Most of the Memphis Grizz posters go to the Grizz forum. Used to have a lot more in here but too many quit posting. Some got ripped by other teams' posters and seemed to want to be around only other Grizz fans. Awesome and occasionally Deezy pop back in but they have a different comfort zone. So you'd be welcome if you are not busy with the Pistons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mzgrizz View Post
    Works for me. Sit in on a few with us after he's being worked in. Most of the Memphis Grizz posters go to the Grizz forum. Used to have a lot more in here but too many quit posting. Some got ripped by other teams' posters and seemed to want to be around only other Grizz fans. Awesome and occasionally Deezy pop back in but they have a different comfort zone. So you'd be welcome if you are not busy with the Pistons.
    I'll be checking in on him and rooting for you guys,Unless your playing the Pistons of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    I'll be checking in on him and rooting for you guys,Unless your playing the Pistons of course.
    Absolutely! Understood .

vCash
    I've been keeping tabs on the Grizz ever since they got Zbo.

I think this is possibly the best overall "team" that they've assembled since acquiring him. Gay is a good player but when you have guys like Gasol and Zbo who you can essentially run your offense out of from the post, you don't want to take the ball out of their hands. Prince gives you guys a high bball I.Q. player who makes the right plays and provides the intangibles.

Excited to see how this trade works out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J Falk View Post
    We're not excited about it because Rudy has been a great player for us for so long. Think about it...In the last month we've lost Rudy, Speights, a 1st round pick, Ellington, Selby and Haddadi....We're just tired of losing all the guys we've learned to love.

With that said, I think there is a good chance we get better as a team after all this while also being financially responsible.

I know we're getting good players in Davis and Prince, but what about Daye? I see that he's shooting over 50% from 3 on the season. Last year he had a horrible year from 3, and the year before he shot over 40%. I think he could end up being a great piece for us because we need as many good 3pt shooters as we can get with our inside/out style of play. Can he play the 3 or is he not athletic enough? I also like Prince because I know he can shoot, but he doesn't have to have the ball in his hands all the time and he fits our grit and grind style. Davis is going to be a great backup big...he plays like a little Zbo from what I've seen of him...having him learn from Z will be amazing..

Conley/Wroten/Bayless
    TA/Bayless/Pondexter
    Prince/Pondexter/Daye/DA
    Zbo/DA/ED Davis/Daye/Leuer
    Marc/Ed Davis/Leuer

WOW....we have so many different combinations of lineups we can use now...again, I'd love for Pistons fans to tell me why I should or shouldn't be excited about Daye. As of now, he's the reason I'm OK with this trade. If it would've been just Prince and Davis, I'd be pretty stunned. I see Daye as a guy that will come in and play small forward for us. A 6'11 24 year old that is shooting 53% from 3..Is there something I'm missing? Is he a horrible defender or something? lol...

How do Pistons fans feel about giving up Daye and Prince for Calderon?
    Ill tell you how I feel about daye.

The thing with daye is that he never played enough in a piston uniform. And when he did play he lacked confidence and looked timid out there. The kid is an example of an nba player who has a ton of ability to score in many different ways but literally has very little confidence in himself. This season daye came off the bench and scored 20 points literally out of no where. He hit two or thee 4rth quarters threes that won us games or go to overtime. He is a clutch shooter that has some serious potential. I think he is better off at the 2 gouard spot because he is 6'11 and his length bothers 2 guards. He gets alot of blocks when he plays and he can rebound some what. That said.... I really believe in a few years daye can be a really good all around player for you guys. He just needs to play more and build confidence in himself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast