Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Grizzlies trade Rudy Gay and Hamed Haddadi to the Toronto Raptors

Rudy Gay - F - Grizzlies
    Jan 30 - 5:30 PM

Sources tell ESPN's Marc Stein that the Grizzlies and Raptors have a trade in place that would send Rudy Gay and Hamed Haddadi to Toronto in exchange for Ed Davis and Jose Calderon.

Stein also reports the Grizzlies plan to flip Calderon to a third team, with the Pistons at the front of the line to acquire the Spaniard. The Gay-to-Toronto trade has been bubbling under the surface for a while, but it finally appears as if it's done. Gay's value should go up since he'll be the primary option in Toronto, with Kyle Lowry also getting a boost since he'll no longer be sharing time. Calderon's value depends on where he lands, but any full-time starting role should make him a must-start. Unfortunately, the biggest loser here appears to be Davis, who will likely enter a reserve role behind Zach Randolph.

Source: Marc Stein on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nba/basketball

vCash
    Well, better or worse, hollinger got what he wanted. No more Rudy gay.

vCash
    Man I wanted Darrel Arthur so badd, Hamed Hadadadi stinks.

vCash
    Gasol for McGee anyone??
    If hollinger can make some trade on trade machine that would show +few games for memphis i think that could be done deal...maybe McGee+Chandler for Gasol+someone

vCash
    COngrats.

Memphis wins the trade.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    Gasol for McGee anyone??
    If hollinger can make some trade on trade machine that would show +few games for memphis i think that could be done deal...maybe McGee+Chandler for Gasol+someone
    Don't kid yourself, buddy. Gasol isn't going anywhere.

As for the trade, I really don't know what to think about it yet.

vCash
    I've mentioned before this team reminds me a lot of my 2004 Pistons team so its only fitting Tayshaun ends up in Memphis. You guys will like Tay. He's a stand up citizen, solid defender still, decent shooter, and a good locker room leader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I've mentioned before this team reminds me a lot of my 2004 Pistons team so its only fitting Tayshaun ends up in Memphis. You guys will like Tay. He's a stand up citizen, solid defender still, decent shooter, and a good locker room leader.
    This. Still has a great knack for the game. High BBIQ.

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    Memphis your boards are dead .. You should be excited tayshaun is a very efficient player and high basketball ball IQ. Your team just got better and you'll see

vCash
    i can't say much about this trade. what would grizzlied do now with Zbo/Davis & Arthur?
    Davis has a very good potential and better player at PF. can daye play at 3? My guess we are not done yet moving or acquiring players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMayo View Post
    Memphis your boards are dead .. You should be excited tayshaun is a very efficient player and high basketball ball IQ. Your team just got better and you'll see
    We're not excited about it because Rudy has been a great player for us for so long. Think about it...In the last month we've lost Rudy, Speights, a 1st round pick, Ellington, Selby and Haddadi....We're just tired of losing all the guys we've learned to love.

With that said, I think there is a good chance we get better as a team after all this while also being financially responsible.

I know we're getting good players in Davis and Prince, but what about Daye? I see that he's shooting over 50% from 3 on the season. Last year he had a horrible year from 3, and the year before he shot over 40%. I think he could end up being a great piece for us because we need as many good 3pt shooters as we can get with our inside/out style of play. Can he play the 3 or is he not athletic enough? I also like Prince because I know he can shoot, but he doesn't have to have the ball in his hands all the time and he fits our grit and grind style. Davis is going to be a great backup big...he plays like a little Zbo from what I've seen of him...having him learn from Z will be amazing..

Conley/Wroten/Bayless
    TA/Bayless/Pondexter
    Prince/Pondexter/Daye/DA
    Zbo/DA/ED Davis/Daye/Leuer
    Marc/Ed Davis/Leuer

WOW....we have so many different combinations of lineups we can use now...again, I'd love for Pistons fans to tell me why I should or shouldn't be excited about Daye. As of now, he's the reason I'm OK with this trade. If it would've been just Prince and Davis, I'd be pretty stunned. I see Daye as a guy that will come in and play small forward for us. A 6'11 24 year old that is shooting 53% from 3..Is there something I'm missing? Is he a horrible defender or something? lol...

How do Pistons fans feel about giving up Daye and Prince for Calderon?
    Last edited by J Falk; 01-30-2013 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Yes sir! You are right about Prince. Need that defender role bad.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

MEMPHIS, WHERE 8 BECOMES 7 BECOMES 9 AND TIME IS RUNNING OUT !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Rudy Gay - F - Grizzlies
    Jan 30 - 5:30 PM
    Thanks for putting it up. Needed the help as I was eyeballs deep in work and sick DH.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMayo View Post
    Yep. So stick around sometimes and join in

vCash
    Not even sure how to feel about this yet. I like Tayshaun, and think Ed Davis will have a great chance to succeed. Interesting to see what other deals may happen. Who takes a game winning shot?

Grizz: 47-32 Titans: 7-9 UK BBall: 29-11 APSU BBall: 12-18
    - MJ-BULLS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast