Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    if he trades ross I'ma firebomb his house.
    Lol.

vCash
    Damn, talk about can be had on the cheap. Prince/Daye for Gay?!?!?! thats it? And raptors did good. They arent getting no major star to come there so the next best thing is to get borderline stars and hopefully get lucky. I dont know how chemistry will work, but the Raps look pretty decent on paper.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash

vCash
    Lol westbrook? Not happening

vCash
    So Knight is going to play SG from now on?

vCash
    Wow. Took me forever to read the comments. I was working so hard I didn't see it really coming, but as a Grizz fan, I'll have to live with it. Good luck to you Rudy !!! Enjoyed watching you play. And welcome to Ed Davis, Tayshaun Prince and Daye. Wow. Also adios to a crowd favorite Hamed Haddadi.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    I have yet to post my thoughts about this deal, so here I go.

I am possibly one of the few people that like this trade. It is hard to argue that the Raptors did not get the best player in this deal. Yes Gay certainly is not playing like it but he remains easily the most talented player in this deal and the only player with any chance of becoming a star. I am not saying that Gay will become that in Toronto but I do believe he will be given every opportunity to do so. Gay needed a change of scenery from Memphis as his role really was left undecided and unknown after he got injured two years ago when the Grizz made that solid run in the playoffs. I do believe that Gay can return to the level where he once was prior to the injury and I believe Toronto gives him that chance. Is he worth 18 million a year? No not at all. But DeRozan and Bargs are not worth their contracts either. You always buy when the the stock is low and when we are talking about an athletic speciman like Gay, I believe it is a good move.

Personally I am happy we traded Davis when his value was at his highest. I for one never saw the frontcourt of Ed Davis and Jonas Valanciunas ever working. Both players have far too similar of an offensive game to be effective. Davis has a very weak shot outside of 15 feet and I really believe we need a guy with a stronger mid range game than Davis will likely ever bring. Do I believe Davis will ever develop this? No I don't since he is so effective right at the rim and coaches will have him stick with what he does well. With Davis and Jonas Valanciunas in the post, we simply have too many bigs crowding the paint when we have three guards/fowrard on the peremter capable of breaking down the D and getting the ball to the basket. We need spacing and Davis and Valanciunas are not the answer together. Additionally Davis also lacked the strength and size to guard most power forwards in the league. Davis simply got abused in post defense giving up nearly a full 1 point per possesion. Yes this could also improve but I doubt it. In the end Valanciunas simply has more upside and he gives you everything Davis does but he is a much more capable defender, shot blocker and rebounder. Davis is not a particlarly good offensive rebounder either which limits his effectivness in my mind in expanding his game.

I am sad to see Calderon go but I do believe it was neccesary in letting Lowry develop. Lowry is the type of player that needs a defined role. I am not saying that the role has to be given to him but I do believe if he knows what his responsibility and assignment is each night, he wil perform at a high level and I do believe that he even one day MAYBE reach that top 5 PG level he has shown in the past. Lasy year before he got injured, he was playing at an elite level. Lowry certainly has all the tools and I really like what I have seen from him of late with his unselfish play and playmaking.

It is also very obvious that Bargs will likely also be headed out soon. The Raps will likely need to add another rebounding big to the line up capable of knocking down the mid range shot while not demanding a lot of shots in the offense. It is very clear that we are likely to be a team that lives and dies by the jump shot but I do think we are better off now than we were 24 hours ago.

This trade will go down as a steal for the Raptors in a few years as I do believe this is the turning point of Gay's career.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Come Check Out the Raptors Forum!
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    I have yet to post my thoughts about this deal, so here I go.

I am possibly one of the few people that like this trade. It is hard to argue that the Raptors did not get the best player in this deal. Yes Gay certainly is not playing like it but he remains easily the most talented player in this deal and the only player with any chance of becoming a star. I am not saying that Gay will become that in Toronto but I do believe he will be given every opportunity to do so. Gay needed a change of scenery from Memphis as his role really was left undecided and unknown after he got injured two years ago when the Grizz made that solid run in the playoffs. I do believe that Gay can return to the level where he once was prior to the injury and I believe Toronto gives him that chance. Is he worth 18 million a year? No not at all. But DeRozan and Bargs are not worth their contracts either. You always buy when the the stock is low and when we are talking about an athletic speciman like Gay, I believe it is a good move.

Personally I am happy we traded Davis when his value was at his highest. I for one never saw the frontcourt of Ed Davis and Jonas Valanciunas ever working. Both players have far too similar of an offensive game to be effective. Davis has a very weak shot outside of 15 feet and I really believe we need a guy with a stronger mid range game than Davis will likely ever bring. Do I believe Davis will ever develop this? No I don't since he is so effective right at the rim and coaches will have him stick with what he does well. With Davis and Jonas Valanciunas in the post, we simply have too many bigs crowding the paint when we have three guards/fowrard on the peremter capable of breaking down the D and getting the ball to the basket. We need spacing and Davis and Valanciunas are not the answer together. Additionally Davis also lacked the strength and size to guard most power forwards in the league. Davis simply got abused in post defense giving up nearly a full 1 point per possesion. Yes this could also improve but I doubt it. In the end Valanciunas simply has more upside and he gives you everything Davis does but he is a much more capable defender, shot blocker and rebounder. Davis is not a particlarly good offensive rebounder either which limits his effectivness in my mind in expanding his game.

I am sad to see Calderon go but I do believe it was neccesary in letting Lowry develop. Lowry is the type of player that needs a defined role. I am not saying that the role has to be given to him but I do believe if he knows what his responsibility and assignment is each night, he wil perform at a high level and I do believe that he even one day MAYBE reach that top 5 PG level he has shown in the past. Lasy year before he got injured, he was playing at an elite level. Lowry certainly has all the tools and I really like what I have seen from him of late with his unselfish play and playmaking.

It is also very obvious that Bargs will likely also be headed out soon. The Raps will likely need to add another rebounding big to the line up capable of knocking down the mid range shot while not demanding a lot of shots in the offense. It is very clear that we are likely to be a team that lives and dies by the jump shot but I do think we are better off now than we were 24 hours ago.

This trade will go down as a steal for the Raptors in a few years as I do believe this is the turning point of Gay's career.
    Pretty much agree with everything, especially the bold
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssr2020 View Post
    Come on man. Neither of these are going to happen.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Come Check Out the Raptors Forum!
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Bargs has no value outside of shooting. Why would a team want that contract?

vCash

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    You realize that forced trades in NBA 2k13 won't happen in real life, right?

vCash
    espn trade machine is the worst thing to ever happen

vCash
    Put me on the "Gay is overrated" boat. I don't think it makes us better, but I don't think we could get much worse so the deal is lateral for the Raps IMO. Hopefully Gay can flourish here but I highly doubt it.

Grizzlies own this deal imo. Prince should be a better fit and they got nice depth

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast