Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Toronto is -6 in the trade machine with Memphis and Detroit being +3 LOL! I don't see it being that bad for them, Gay could fit in and thrive being a #1 option for really the 1st time in his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Memphis' pace this year is incredibly low...so you're on to something.

However, Toronto's pace has been nearly identical. I can't see pace changing much for Toronto...especially with Calderon gone. From one slow offense to another.
    Really? Calderon and Lowry are polar opposites when it comes to speed. Calderon walks the ball up the floor and takes his time. Lowry likes to push it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I'm a Detroit fan, and I gotta say, this is what I was thinking. Unless Prince expressed an interest to be traded, I would be disappointed about this trade. He was a special guy and a stand up player and was in a position to do something few players do in this league, and that is retire having only wore one jersey.

That said, I do think Calderon makes the Pistons better, I just wish they could have gotten rid of Charlie-V and Stuckey in the trade as well.

As for the Raptors, I feel the same way about Prince. Calderon could have been the first and only guy to play his entire career as a Raptor, but the front office didn't have enough respect for his game. I imagine the Pistons are going to get a lot of offers for him before the deadline. The Raptors though have a legit All-Star calibre player on their team now, and got some front court depth with Hamed Haddadi. Haddadi isn't great on offense, but he works hard on defense and rebounds the ball well. He's a good guy to have coming off the bench when your rotation guys are in foul trouble.

Memphis. Had Memphis not go Prince back on this deal, I'd say they were fawked, but he's a great role player and defender, and he's a team-first guy, so he's going to help Memphis and I am happy for him that he's back on a contender. Memphis though, after having traded Speights doesn't have much depth at the power positions, and I thought the entire purpose of that trade was to prevent them from having to trade Gay or Z-Bo. Memphis better get on the horn to Kenyon Martin to come off the bench in case one of their rotation players gets into foul trouble or get injured.

Memphis, I gotta say they lost out on this trade.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Memphis with the robbery.
    Guess they learned from the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spreadeagle View Post
    Colangelo just said Raps are not done trading "good first step" before trade deadline, so more moves expected, lets see who else he gets before we judge this deal. Id say Bargs for Pau now is a big possibility
    I could still see him packaging Bargnani with a wing (Alan Anderson or Terrence Ross perhaps?) to try and get another big man to compliment Amir and Valanciunas.

vCash
    Wow didn't expect to see this when I got home. This is a pretty big and interesting trade.
    The Grizzlies have one of the best front lines in the league, however, without Gay, there will be more opportunity for Randolph/Gasol.
    I do think Prince will fit in nicely, not so sure about Ed Davis. This is a bummer for him.

The Raptors offense should improve now that Lowry will become their full time starter and having Rudy Gay at SF.

We'll see how Detroit handles their pg situation, not really sure why they involved themselves in this deal already having their pg of the future in Knight.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I could still see him packaging Bargnani with a wing (Alan Anderson or Terrence Ross perhaps?) to try and get another big man to compliment Amir and Valanciunas.
    if he trades ross I'ma firebomb his house.

vCash
    grizz save money
    Raptors get a Franchise player and have a chance to get rid of Bargs now
    Pistons....ehhh

Raptors

Barg/Jonas
    Johnson
    Gay/Fields
    Derozan/Ross
    Lowry

Grizzles

M.Gasol/Daye
    Randolph/Davis
    Prince/Pondexter
    Allen/Wroten
    Conley/Bayless

Pistons

Monroe
    Drummond
    Singler
    Stuckey
    Knight/Calderon

you cant tell me raptors got worse when they added a player who scores 17ppg and would be a leader there they need to get rid of bargs maybe get josh smith there for bargs and fields

C A.Johnson & Jonas V
    PF J.Smith
    SF Gay
    SG Derozan/Ross
    PG Lowry
    Last edited by ryder78c; 01-30-2013 at 10:36 PM.

vCash
    Grizz got worse, but it's not like their management cares, all they wanna do is shed $$$.
    Pistons got better.
    Raptors; although they got btr, all it did is put them back into what they were couple of years ago; mediocrity.
    I have cheered for Raps for a long time, (only Canadian team), honestly, we nvr rebuild properly, which is ****. We never rebuild properly, we always half *** it, then go into mediocrity. Well Raptor fans, get ready for another couple of years of mediocrity followed by going into a lottery team.
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Eminem 9. Drake 10. Wale

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash
    I just don't understand why the raptors want so many wings players: derozen, ross, gay. are they going to move one of these other guys?

vCash
    This will make us better on defense and that's scary since we are already the best defense.Prince is a better 3 point shooter and will give more Space for ZBO and Gasol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    This will make us better on defense and that's scary since we are already the best defense.Prince is a better 3 point shooter and will give more Space for ZBO and Gasol.
    Dont go with zbo for deadline.
    Owners are going cheap so they will flip him too ( and open PT for Davis)
    ]

vCash
    David Locke:*People in the NBA have told me the Rudy Gay deal is the domino that starts the dealings. Do the flood gates open?*Twitter @Lockedonsports

That's what I hope! Its always fun time of the year when trade deadline is around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Toronto got worse...long and short term. And they added a crap ton of salary.
    Gay will win them enough games to slide down to say 7 or 8, maybe even 10.

vCash
    People saying this is good for Detroit and Memphis have no idea what they're talking about. Memphis needs to be ready to re-sign Ed Davis by halloween or else he's walking in FA. Detroit traded Prince for cap space.

This is a good trade for Toronto. Dealt from 2 positions of the most strength for a position that was the weakest. Rudy fits the uptempo style the Raps want to play.

Lowry
    Derozan/Ross
    Gay/Fields
    Johnson/Bargs
    Valanciunas/?

Scary lineup in a couple seasons.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    So is Dumars admiting Knight isnt a starting pg?

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast