Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Chris clemons one of the top rated safeties in the NFL by PFF.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...owed-safeties/

As always, read the stats before you comment. We knew jones was balling, but Clemons?

And this is what I said would be the differece between our old staff and our new staff, this staff teaches players until they learn. Suddenly we have two of the top rated safeties.

vCash
    Good, I'm glad. I always hoped that his speed would translate to the field. I hope we re-sign him and he starts making some big plays next year.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    told you S wasnt a top need thats why i was never on board for Byrd

vCash
    Keep in mind Clemons played the deep safety every game, so I would like to know how many times he was actually targeted. I'm sure that number will be very low in comparing it with Jones.

He still was solid, not sure how much it will cost to bring him back though.

vCash
    Despite all the zone coverage we played, there were several times a game where Clemons had man coverage on one of the teams' wideouts. It happened more often after Marshall went down, Wilson kept struggling and Clemons ended up taking the coverage on the slot WR.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    good im glad but we need turnovers and he really doesnt create any soooo id still rather shop around and try to get a playmaker back there but would love to have CC stay for depth.

vCash
    He's solid. But he's not a playmaker. I wouldn't hate it if we resigned him but I'd much rather try and find a playmaker.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    He's solid. But he's not a playmaker. I wouldn't hate it if we resigned him but I'd much rather try and find a playmaker.
    Playmakers need to be at pass rusher and cornerback, no point creating a hole where we have a good player. Who knows what jones and clemons can do with rea cornerbacks and an improved pass rush.

vCash
    We've always known that Clemons is solid. He's a great tackler with good speed. But he lacks the instincts to be a great FS. He doesn't screw up which is why he was ranked so high. But he doesn't take any risks either, and to be one of the top FS's you have to take risks.

Like I said, if he comes back then that's fine. But Coyle has been known for always getting solid Safety play. So I don't think we could possibly lose too much. Basically all Clemons did was play deep the entire season, he played some man coverage which I will gladly give him credit for. But do you seriously think we can't get another FS and tell him "All you have to do is play deep. Don't do anything else. We'll probably only have you cover someone twice a game so you'll be fine".

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    I say keep him and let him and reshad continue to mesh and learn from Coyle.

The longer they play together the better, and with better CBs they continue to grow and get better as well

vCash
    Coyle is a genius on the secondary. It's his specialty!

Miami will continue to have success with or without CC at safety.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Exactly this!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    Coyle is a genius on the secondary. It's his specialty!

Miami will continue to have success with or without CC at safety.
    If only he could do something to help our CBs

vCash
    Sign Ed Reed instead, draft a safety. Trade for Revis, draft a CB, sign Wallace, draft a WR, draft a DE, LB, OL

The Future

vCash
    ok...easy. I know he worked with secondary in cincinnati but it doesn't mean he can make any random guy a top rated safety in the NFL by PFF. the guy has to have the talent and potential and you can't just say, with or without CC.

if its not broken, dont fix it. and if this case...its working better than any of us could have expected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast