Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Report: Niners CB says openly gay players would not be welcomed on the team

uh oh 49ers could be jynxing themselves!
    NEW ORLEANS – San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver has reportedly made inflammatory comments regarding homosexuality in football just a few days before Super Bowl XLVII.

Shock jock Artie Lange revealed he had interviewed Culliver at media day Tuesday and aired a segment on his show that night, where the player insisted that any gay players would not be welcome on the team.

"I don't do the gay guys man," said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. "I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.

"Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can't be…in the locker room man. Nah."

When quizzed by Lange whether any homosexual athletes would need to keep their sexuality a secret in football, Culliver responded: "Yeah, come out 10 years later after that."

In the NFL's long history, there has never been an openly gay active player. However, sexual orientation has increasingly come into the spotlight recently.

The Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax saga was believed by many to be a ruse designed to hide his homosexuality, a claim that was vehemently denied by the former Notre Dame defensive star.

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo has been an outspoken supporter of gay rights, using the profile of Super Bowl week to bring the issue further into the spotlight.

[Related: Ray Lewis agitated over link to PED during Super Bowl week]

And Monday, a report surfaced that former NFL player Kwame Harris had been charged with assaulting a former boyfriend.

"You always think because of the odds and the numbers there are gay players in the NFL," former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Jerome Bettis told Huffington Post Live. "They haven't obviously come out and told anyone about it not even behind the scenes.

"Obviously there will be people who disagree and people who don't have a problem with it, but that will be in life as well. I don't think it is going to affect someone's play.

"Because it is so testosterone driven, it'd be really difficult for a gay player to stand up and say, 'Hey, I'm gay and I'm an NFL player.' "

Culliver, 24, did little to improve his own reputation on Wednesday, sending out a Tweet about a woman's monthly cycle.

Culliver, a reserve defensive back for San Francisco, appeared in all 16 games, recording 48 tackles and two interceptions.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--re...190346715.html

vCash
    Glad he voiced his opinion instead of sucking up to the media.

vCash
    Doesn't mean he isn't an idiot.

vCash
    don't got no??? is that English..

Apparently the Niners allow illiterate morons to be on the team that have no shame in what they say
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHero3 View Post
    uh oh 49ers could be jynxing themselves!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--re...190346715.html
    I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I wouldn't want to share a locker room and shower with the gay player. That is like me going to the gym and taking a shower and getting dressed in the Womans locker room.

vCash
    I got yelled at and called a homophobe when i said i didnt think most players would be OK with it...

I honestly dont care if you like Vagina or Penis, as long as your down to earth and dont annoy me ill be cool with you personally.. Just dont think most football players would be ok with it...

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    I lost respect for Culliver. If he doesn't agree with their sexuality, fine that's his opinion, but the way he went about it sounds arrogant. He could've worded it differently. Just because a gay guy is in the locker room doesn't mean he's going to be checking you out. I hate that thought by people. They can control themselves.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 01-30-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    I respect him for speaking his mind instead of saying what this country wants to hear, I'd never wanna play with a gay person nor share a locker room with him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I lost respect for Culliver. If he doesn't agree with their sexuality, fine that's his opinion, but the way he went about it sounds arrogant. He could've worded it differently. Just because a gay guy is in the locker room doesn't mean he's going to be checking you out. I hate that thought by people.
    So, if you were in a locker room of naked/undressing women, you wouldn't check them out? Riiiiight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I lost respect for Culliver. If he doesn't agree with their sexuality, fine that's his opinion, but the way he went about it sounds arrogant. He could've worded it differently. Just because a gay guy is in the locker room doesn't mean he's going to be checking you out. I hate that thought by people. They can control themselves.
    A gay guy in a NFL locker room with 60 other naked guys would like heaven for the player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    So, if you were in a locker room of naked/undressing women, you wouldn't check them out? Riiiiight.
    Exactly, Sorry but i like boobs, If i see locker room full of boobs theres no way im not looking at each one... Why would people think it would be any different with male parts and gay people?

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    A gay guy in a NFL locker room with 60 other naked guys would like heaven for the player.
    It's this type of thinking that spawns homophobia. Culliver is clearly uneducated, poorly spoken, and a complete tool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    If I spent as much time together as these players do, I would hope I would not because how close I'd get to them and how it becomes a "family", as they say.

Shailene Woodley

14. 01-30-2013, 05:50 PM
    Reason
    homophobic remarks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    It's this type of thinking that spawns homophobia. Culliver is clearly uneducated, poorly spoken, and a complete tool.
    How so? Just because I wouldn't want to shower with a gay person?

vCash
    Lmao, nice sig Gibby.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast