Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Cousins is a turd.

vCash
    man the kings really need some changes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celts437 View Post
    Highest scoring quarter of the year and highest scoring half of the year. No Rondo? Hows that possible? Team basketball outweighing selfish flashy basketball. ..no way!
    I guess since there was no Sullinger he is also the reason we played so well! Trade sully!!!
    We're playing the ****ing Kings. Relax everyone

vCash
    Didn't Melo get called up? Chance we see him tonight... Don't think I see him on the bench though..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    man the kings really need some changes
    Yeah, but they beat us out there...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Pierce continues to look like Frankenstein's monster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    I guess since there was no Sullinger he is also the reason we played so well! Trade sully!!!
    We're playing the ****ing Kings. Relax everyone
    Our offense and defense was at an all time low last time we played this team. And Pierce has aged about 10 years since that game

Kings suck but this team is playing so much better right now it's comical

vCash
    Ouch, that might be a flag2

vCash
    Going down the stretch is where we could miss our Rondo/KG offense

vCash
    this team will struggle against heavy ball pressure

vCash
    6 celtics with 10+ points lee with 9

vCash
    A WIN IS A WIN!!! thank god we didnt get rudy gay!!!!

vCash
    greens inconsistency shows even from half to half, hope he gets that right eventually

vCash
    Kinda a mixed bag tonight.

One point to be made is opposing teams will need to redo their scouting reports on the C's with Rondo out. That can play to the C's advantage... and I think we saw that tonight against a young and weak Kings team.

Ball movement and off ball player movement should improve without the ball dominant Rondo. Good news overall, but don't be fooled into thinking this team is better off without Rondo. Just watch what happens late in quarters and in close games when the C's play in the half court and need someone to create.

Sullinger has "back spasms". Imagine that. Let's hope for the best.

If Sullinger is out for any length of time, they either have to look to sign someone to a 10 day or recall Melo. The smart business play is to recall Melo and maintain as much cap and roster flexibility as possible heading into the trade deadline.

The balanced scoring tonight was great, but let's not forget the need for a dependable go-to guy. Pierce has been shaky in that role and the primary team need is for a second dependable scorer to emerge or to acquire one.

Good win. Not to be dismissed lightly. But DAnny is right in wanting to evaluate this current team over the next 2-3 weeks. Can they sustain the play we saw early in tonights game? I'm skeptical. I think opposing teams will adjust their scouting reports and how they play the C's. That's when Rondo's absence will be felt. Hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-30-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Congrats!

I see y'all maintained the season average of 22 assists tonight with Garnett having a season high. Was that pretty much the story of the game? Were guys looking to get everyone involved (pass first)?

You guys have 3 options to go to in the half court.. Garnett post up, Pierce iso, Jason Terry pick and roll (?)... I'm not sure how Terry does shooting off the dribble or if he can even use a pick and roll so I do agree that y'all at least one decent point guard...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast