Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Andy Laroache signed to MLD

vCash
    Can't hurt...depth.

vCash
    Remember when LaRoche was a big name in building a package for Vernon Wells? That got me to googling, which got me here. Yes it's just a blog, yes it's mostly just speculation, but sweet jeebus look at some of those packages. Some of those would have been franchise altering stuff, not to mention the 126M that wouldn't have gone to Wells.

A few:

Anthony Reyes and Adam Wainwright is probably as high as they can go, and that's probably not going to get it done.
    They could offer, say, Wilson Betemit, Jonathon Broxton, and either Matt Kemp or Andre Ethier for Wells,
    Or they could offer Kemp or Ethier, along with Scott Elbert or Chad Billingsley, and Andy LaRoche or James Loney, if the Blue Jays would rather go young. Or they could package Kemp or Ethier and LaRoche or Loney with Russell Martin
    A combo of Crisp, Hansen or Lester, and Dustin Pedroia would probably be necessary to get Toronto to bite.
    For this to work for New York, they'd probably need to send Abreu, Robinson Cano, and Philip Hughes to the Blue Jays, and then go sign Alfonso Soriano to play second base for them. I don't know that they'd be willing to part with Hughes, but Abreu and Cano isn't enough, and they just don't have much else to offer.
    The reality is, the Rangers would likely have to part with a couple of Ian Kinsler, Gerald Laird, and Nelson Cruz, plus either John Danks or Eric Hurley, to be in contention. And even then, they are likely to be out-bid.
    Sucks that the franchise decided to make the best PR move rather than asking the GM to make the best baseball move, the last 6 seasons could have been much, much different otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Remember when LaRoche was a big name in building a package for Vernon Wells? That got me to googling, which got me here. Yes it's just a blog, yes it's mostly just speculation, but sweet jeebus look at some of those packages. Some of those would have been franchise altering stuff, not to mention the 126M that wouldn't have gone to Wells.

A few:

Sucks that the franchise decided to make the best PR move rather than asking the GM to make the best baseball move, the last 6 seasons could have been much, much different otherwise.
    Dont remind me of this! Looking in hindsight, the Jays should of accepted one of those packages. Now the value of prospects have risen drastically; moreso than before

vCash
    The Bisons roster is coming along nicely:

C: Josh Thole
    1B: David Cooper
    2B: Eugenio Velez
    3B: Andy LaRoche or Jarrett Hoffpauir
    SS: Mike McCoy
    LF: Ricardo Nanita
    CF: Anthony Gose
    RF: Moises Sierra
    DH: Luis Jimenez

Bench:
    Jim Negrych
    Hoffpauir or LaRoche

Plus a couple other bench players. Looking solid, but there's a lack of prospects.
    The MMA Pavilion

mmapavilion.wordpress.com

vCash
    Wish it was Adam and not Andy....whatevs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BJBirdy View Post

Bench:
    Jim Negrych
    Hoffpauir or LaRoche

Plus a couple other bench players. Looking solid, but there's a lack of prospects.
    Well in the next few years you'll see virtually every player go through Triple A so you'll see the bigger prospects go through now.

vCash
    you forgot Loewen as an OF as well....

Quote Originally Posted by BJBirdy View Post

Bench:
    Jim Negrych
    Hoffpauir or LaRoche

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan55 View Post
    you forgot Loewen as an OF as well....
    Good call, I totally forgot about him as well.
    The MMA Pavilion

mmapavilion.wordpress.com

vCash
    Wish it was Adam.

vCash
    Thole's not going to be JPA's backup?

vCash
    Maybe maybe not, depends on spring training. Thole got options so AA likes that.

vCash
    To me, the Henry Blanco signing was strictly insurance in case someone got injured during Spring Training. His contract isn't guaranteed and dude is older than dirt. I'd much rather go with Thole splitting the duty with JPA and being the primary catcher for "The Dick".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Thole's not going to be JPA's backup?
    Read AA say that they prefer to keep Thole as a starting catcher and training that way. He'll start in AAA as the every day catcher. Blanco likely backs up JP.