Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wouldnt be upset if utah took a Memphis route this year. Trading a major asset. Being competitive, but using the space and whatever we got in return of our asset to become a force next year.

And speaking of next year, the west is going to have some major turn over. More so than this year. If we could get the head start and start gelling our future team before everyone else gets their new toys to play with at the beginning of the season we'll be doing great.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I really don't think the grizzlies got that much worse this year. gay was playing pretty poorly. giving more possessions to zach and gasol won't be a bad thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by draino View Post
    I would like to package our picks/players this year for a unprotecked pick in 2014. Wiggins and Parker both projected as sort of a lebron/carmello type draft. Long shot but you never know what team might get an injury and suck for a year.
    I wish you were our GM. This is the most logical thing for our franchise to do. I hate how obvious it is to see who will be elite NBA players. Yet we never make moves/take risks to get them. occasionally there are hidden gems but everyone knew Lebron, Melo, CP3, Rose, Griffin, Duncan Garnett, Durrant, Irving, Davis etc... were going to be All Stars / HOF players. The next in line are Wiggins and Parker. take the risks now to assure yourself that you can acquire one of them. We will NEVER get a key FA for the right price this is how we have to do it.

vCash
    lol no one who has a pick who is that bad is going to just give it away

vCash
    For the record, Tanking is when you BENCH your best players. It won't be tanking if we let go of millsap and jefferson like we should next year. Look at Omar Asik he didn't do much while he was at chicago because he was playing behing Noah and now he is playing much better than he ever did at chicago. For Kanter and Favors to play well, they have to play end of story.

I don't want to be like the Houston Rockets of recent years where we are dangling in between the 8th and 11th in the Western rankings.
    Last edited by futureman; 02-04-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    BTW the Jazz don't trade out of the draft ever. I think we should even buy more picks if teams are looking for cap relief.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmann5 View Post
    I wish you were our GM. This is the most logical thing for our franchise to do. I hate how obvious it is to see who will be elite NBA players. Yet we never make moves/take risks to get them. occasionally there are hidden gems but everyone knew Lebron, Melo, CP3, Rose, Griffin, Duncan Garnett, Durrant, Irving, Davis etc... were going to be All Stars / HOF players. The next in line are Wiggins and Parker. take the risks now to assure yourself that you can acquire one of them. We will NEVER get a key FA for the right price this is how we have to do it.
    The issue with playing roulette with the team for a shot at the lotto pick is the high probability that it goes south. With a small market team the chances of survival are very slim if you miss and deal with a sub .500 team for several years in a row. The league is littered with teams that got caught on the treadmill of chasing high draft picks and languishing losing season after losing season. Do you think the Jazz would remain in Salt Lake long if they became the Wizards? No way.

The Jazz model has been pretty simple. Remain a winner every season. As long as the Jazz are a .500+ team the fans will continue to come out and pay to watch.

By the way, you say that everyone knew all those players would be future stars. Really? Let's take CP3 as an example. He was the fourth pick. Any reason he fell behind other players? Maybe it's not as obvious as we'd like to believe?
    Last edited by HotRodsHair; 02-06-2013 at 06:48 PM.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    The Warriors are starting to fall apart. I hope the next half of the season is miserable for them. I want Marcus Smart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by futureman View Post
    The Warriors are starting to fall apart. I hope the next half of the season is miserable for them. I want Marcus Smart.
    Falling apart? Two losses is not falling apart. When we played the Rockets they could not miss a three, no matter what. No team in the NBA could have beat them that night. And we lost to one of the best teams on the road on a back to back. I don't see how that's falling apart. Especially when the last month and a half of the season we play 16 home games, compared to 8 road games. And the quality of opponents isn't that great either. So if anything we'll be making a push late in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Just when we thought we got rid of the cockroaches they have return to our home...

vCash
    It's funny because no matter how chill I am when I come in here, you guys always gotta act like I'm in here trying to start something. I just came in here explaining why our season isn't going to be miserable. But I mean aye if you can't handle that.

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.

vCash
    lol We are going to lose to Memphis and Jazz fans will say how we have no shot at keeping the sixth seed.

Sky is falling in places where I want.

vCash
    I don't see us losing to Memphis to be honest. You know our defense will be on point against them after the last two games.

vCash
    I think that GS lotto pick is going to be a good one for us.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post
    I think that GS lotto pick is going to be a good one for us.
    I agree, we should definitely be in the bottom seven. Jazz will have a very high pick to use. Don't see how they won't.

16. 02-08-2013, 04:46 AM
    Reason
    off topic

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast