Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Me too, but you know the Ei slobknobbers will still say something like "you aren't elite until you win two SB MVPs."
    Not sure what an "Ei slobknobber" is but is sounds like something from the fickle dictionary of bandwagon jumpers.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hail2skins4life View Post
    Okay this argument isn't going anywhere. The bottom line is there is no formula for elite. People have different opinions on what it is. Some of you guys are saying that right now its the top 4 (Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees) because they are significantly better than everyone else below them. Then you got other people like myself who feel that guys like Eli and Big Ben should be on that list too for what they have done when it counts the most. The "top 4" are definitely significantly better in the regular season. But if you ask me, Big Ben and Eli have been significantly better than a couple of those guys in the post-season.

Flip onto ESPN and NFL Network and CBS/FOX?NBC and all of their analysts have been saying that Flacco will also be elite if he plays well tonight and the Ravens win. And they have reasons to say that. Yes Flacco may not be superb in the regular season. He has his ups and downs. But his team is in the playoffs. And name a QB who has been more solid in the post-season over the last 3 years than Flacco. In his last 7 playoff games he has thrown for 15 TD and just 2 picks. He has played so well.

All I'm saying is why do you guys reserve that label only for the guys who play the best in the regular season, when there are guys who consistently outperform them in the postseason or as they call it "the real season". I don't think elite QBs should be shrinking in the post-season. So if we are going to call QBs who shrink in the post-season "elite" then we should also call the guys "elite" who come out in the post-season and play some of the best football of their lives.

Thats all I'm saying. Agree or disagree. My minds not changing and I doubt some of yours are either
    A few solid football minds among . . . .

Thank you Skins fan

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

vCash
    Me too, but you know the Eli slobknobbers will still say something like "you aren't elite until you win two SB MVPs" and then throw something in there about having to have a certain amount of clutch drives in the last 2 minutes of the game or something.
    A real qb lies in the weeds like a tiger waiting for the fourth quarter to be productive. An elite qb doesn't score a lot of points, he scores them at key moments of the game defined by his fans.

vCash
    Okay this argument isn't going anywhere. The bottom line is there is no formula for elite. People have different opinions on what it is. Some of you guys are saying that right now its the top 4 (Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees) because they are significantly better than everyone else below them. Then you got other people like myself who feel that guys like Eli and Big Ben should be on that list too for what they have done when it counts the most. The "top 4" are definitely significantly better in the regular season. But if you ask me, Big Ben and Eli have been significantly better than a couple of those guys in the post-season.

Flip onto ESPN and NFL Network and CBS/FOX/NBC and all of their analysts have been saying that Flacco will also be elite if he plays well tonight and the Ravens win. And they have reasons to say that. Yes Flacco may not be superb in the regular season. He has his ups and downs. But his team is in the playoffs. And name a QB who has been more solid in the post-season over the last 3 years than Flacco. In his last 7 playoff games he has thrown for 15 TD and just 2 picks. He has played so well.

All I'm saying is why do you guys reserve that label only for the guys who play the best in the regular season, when there are guys who consistently outperform them in the postseason or as they call it "the real season". I don't think elite QBs should be shrinking in the post-season. So if we are going to call QBs who shrink in the post-season "elite" then we should also call the guys "elite" who come out in the post-season and play some of the best football of their lives.

Thats all I'm saying. Agree or disagree. My minds not changing and I doubt some of yours are either
    Are any of the NFL experts named Dr Peter Mark Roget, or Noah Webster? I didn't think so, since they do not understand the definition of elite (the best and most skilled members of a group).

A QB can play at an elite level (whether it's one game, two games, the playoffs, or a full season), but that still doesn't make them an elite QB by the true definition of the word. Like I said before, the criteria needs to be agreed upon. Otherwise, your arguing will continue to go around in circles.
    Last edited by torrance; 02-03-2013 at 01:40 PM.

vCash

Flip onto ESPN and NFL Network and CBS/FOX/NBC and all of their analysts have been saying that Flacco will also be elite if he plays well tonight and the Ravens win. And they have reasons to say that. Yes Flacco may not be superb in the regular season. He has his ups and downs. But his team is in the playoffs. And name a QB who has been more solid in the post-season over the last 3 years than Flacco. In his last 7 playoff games he has thrown for 15 TD and just 2 picks. He has played so well.

So Mark Sanchez was elite when he led the Jets to those 2 AFC Championship games in a row? He performed better than Peyton and Brady during those times. Does that make him ELIte? I can pull random facts out of my *** too, doesn't make them right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torrance View Post
    Are any of the NFL experts named Dr Peter Mark Roget, or Noah Webster? I didn't think so, since they do not understand the definition of elite (the best and most skilled members of a group).
    Well then in that case you guys haven't taken it far enough. If winning is disregarded and we are ranking on soley skill then Aaron Rodgers is the only elite QB. He can pass like Peyton and Brady. But Peyton and Brady can't run or extend plays like him. They can't play with a depleted O-line. Rodgers is the only full package. Therefor he is on his own level

So for all you guys saying there are 4 elite cuz they are the "best of the best", rethink it. Rodgers is on his own level. You put Peyton or Brady on the Pack this year with that ****** O-line and I bet at least one of them would have missed the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhlyHighPhilly View Post
    So Mark Sanchez was elite when he led the Jets to those 2 AFC Championship games in a row? He performed better than Peyton and Brady during those times. Does that make him ELIte? I can pull random facts out of my *** too, doesn't make them right.
    No because Mark Sanchez has fallen flat on his face since then unlike Flacco and Eli. But I won't lie, when I was saw him do that I thought that he just might turn out to be the real deal. I bet a lot of people were pretty impressed with Sanchez back then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    A real qb lies in the weeds like a tiger waiting for the fourth quarter to be productive. An elite qb doesn't score a lot of points, he scores them at key moments of the game defined by his fans.

So now Tom Brady isn't elite b/c he didn't score much. Oh wait, it was the miserable defense which held him down. lol

Bradshaw must not be elite either and John Facenda/football world were lost when "great teams/players aren't always great, they're just great when they have to be".

Another gem for the resume

vCash
    Well then in that case you guys haven't taken it far enough. If winning is disregarded and we are ranking on soley skill then Aaron Rodgers is the only elite QB. He can pass like Peyton and Brady. But Peyton and Brady can't run or extend plays like him. They can't play with a depleted O-line. Rodgers is the only full package. Therefor he is on his own level

So for all you guys saying there are 4 elite cuz they are the "best of the best", rethink it. Rodgers is on his own level. You put Peyton or Brady on the Pack this year with that ****** O-line and I bet at least one of them would have missed the playoffs.
    You ignored the whole post I made, but your response further illustrates what I was getting at. Meaning, if the criteria for what is an elite QB is different, you and I are bound to get different answers. I'm not saying Flacco or Eli, have not played at an elite level (as they have in certain playoffs), but to include them with the elite 4, you need to change the criteria, or, at least, agree on the criteria. A person's list could be 1, 4, or 10 QB's, depending upon what their standards are.

vCash
    No because Mark Sanchez has fallen flat on his face since then unlike Flacco and Eli. But I won't lie, when I was saw him do that I thought that he just might turn out to be the real deal. I bet a lot of people were pretty impressed with Sanchez back then.
    But that is the logic that you stated. If a certain QB performs better than the "elite" QBs during a period of time, it makes them elite. So now you are saying that since that was in the past, Big Ben and Eli are no longer elite since their teams were unsuccessful this year. And now Flacco is about to be elite? If he were to do poorly the next two years, he would now be nowhere near elite? You need to reevaluate your own opinions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    So now Tom Brady isn't elite b/c he didn't score much. Oh wait, it was the miserable defense which held him down. lol

Bradshaw must not be elite either and John Facenda/football world were lost when "great teams/players aren't always great, they're just great when they have to be".

Another gem for the resume
    Brady scores a ton. He was the qb for one of the greatest offenses of all time.

vCash
    A coupl of meaningless tds from Flacco. It doesn't matter how good the niners d is, he needs to do it in the fourth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    A coupl of meaningless tds from Flacco. It doesn't matter how good the niners d is, he needs to do it in the fourth.
    exactly. flacco should play like crap now so the niners can get back into the game so he can prove his clutchness in the 4th.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    exactly. flacco should play like crap now so the niners can get back into the game so he can prove his clutchness in the 4th.
    Agreed

vCash
    Another meaningless td. If flacco was elite he would have only scored 17, with a late score in the fourth.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast