Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    No worries. There will other players who win too. You wouldn't be barking at Eli like the rest unless it irked you. Let's face it, :10 min after last season's Superbowl the haters are already calling it "last year". I don't even believe it's an Eli thing as much as it's a NY thing. Big Ben, Brady, etc would be ridiculed if they were in NY. People hate NY and use Eli as the scapegoat.

No worries . . . but Eli winning does irk you.

Two Superbowl MVP's and likely the HOF in the future. Posting hate and jealously online isn't going to change that.
    Remarkable. Lol. I haven't said any "hate" or anything of the sort in this thread. Nor have I said anything that showed me being bothred by Eli, or any QB winning, ever, for that matter.

I simply said, very frankly, that Eli is not as good as Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, or Brees.

That's a fact. That's a cold, hard, football, fact. There's no debate. If there is, it isn't legitimate. You can put him at #5 or #57 for all I care.

There's no hate. No putting down. No dismissing. No irking. No barking.

You brought him up as far as I could see and I simply made the only relevant observation in this thread:

What is an elite QB? Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Brees. Is Eli elite? No.

Even more remarkable...

You decided to stick to your straw-man argument trying to paint me as being "irked" by something I haven't commented on... and you completely ignored the substance of my post and it's apt critique of your anti-logic.

Remarkable.

vCash
    Still didn't read the response, did you? The Skins fan agrees as do the vast majority of football fans.
    Seems the majority dont agree he is, of course after you take out the Giants homers.

vCash
    Still didn't read the response, did you? The Skins fan agrees as do the vast majority of football fans.
    No, the majority don't think Eli is elite. Also, it isn't a matter of opinion. Eli is not as good as the top4 QBs in the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hail2skins4life View Post
    Not saying any of these guys arent' elite, but.................................

Was Peyton elite in the 6 playoff games where he's thrown 2+ interceptions, including a 3 pick an 4 pick game? Is it elite when his team gets upset in the playoffs by the Chargers 2 years in a row, and then also by the Jets a couple years later, when his very mediocre QB play had a lot to do with it? Was Peyton Manning elite in the 8 seasons he has been "one and done" in the playoffs when he has his team contending every year? Was he elite during that stretch in 2010 where he threw 11 interceptions in 3 games, and 13 in 5? Was he elite when he threw the Broncos title chances out the window with that awful cross-body interception against Ravens? What about when he secured a Saints Super Bowl victory with that pick-six to Tracy Porter on a potential game-winning drive? Keep talking about all Eli's bad decisions and interceptions. But did you know in Peyton's 14 years starting he has only had one season with less than 10 picks? (that season was 9). Did you know he's thrown at least 15 ints in 7 of 14 starting years?

Lots of Eli interceptions. But what about the seasons when Drew Brees threw for 16,15,15,18,17,22, 14, and 19 interceptions? He must have made lots of great decisions in those games.

Oh and what about when Tom Brady choked it up at home against the Ravens with 3 picks in a 33-14 blowout of a playoff game. He looked like a football God in that game.

Aaron Rodgers is arguably the best QB playing today. But he sure looked mediocre when Eli and the Giants came into his house last year and blew their 15-1 season out of the water. He wasn't dropping jaws like every other game when he went into San Fran this year.

I'm not sure if you guys remember but Tom Brady had the best regular season a QB has ever had. It was awesome. They started off 18-0. He threw 50 TDs. Him and Randy were breaking records. Great season. Super awesome. Right? Ask Tom Brady and that season means nothing to him cuz of that big bolded sticking out like a sore thumb 1 that comes after the "18-"

Bottom line is yes these guys are all better than Eli in the regular season. But we all know they would all prefer more post-season success to better regular season numbers. What does it matter if Peyton has 4 MVP seasons, throws for 30 TDs every season, and makes every probowl if he is left dissappointed and underachieving every season. I mean **** he might not even have a ring if werent for Rex Grossman being the starting QB of the team he faced in his one Super Bowl title.

You guys talk about how Eli doesn't make the post-season consistently. Well he hasn't been in a division where he's been able to dominate for a decade. He is in the NFC East. It's been the arguably the toughest division to win in recent years. All Peyton and Brady have had to do is out-win the Titans, Texans, Jags, Jets, Bills, and Dolphins. Before Peyton left the Colts, the Jets were the only team that was even respectable in those divisions. And don't forget they had Mark Sanchez.

And what are you guys gonna say about Drew Brees if the Saints miss the playoffs for the 2nd straight year? It will very likely happen considering the Falcons will probably take the divison, and then they would have to outdo the Skins, Cowboys, Giants, Packers, Bears, Vikings, Seahawks, or 49ers for a wildcard spot.

Eli may be inconsistent and miss the playoffs every so often, but the bottom line is he will have more Super Bowls then a lot of these guys because he plays elite when it counts the most. When Eli is on his game he looks as good as anybody. And give him some damn credit cuz hes on his game when he needs to be. The dude doesn't flinch. You cannot say that about all 4 of the QBs most ppl on here are listing as elite.

Again i'll take elite in the playoffs over elite in the regular season anyday.
    So you can cherry pick a few games here and there for most of those guys. Those are sample sizes. Do you know what those are?

And Brees does throw a lot picks. I have a hard time saying hes elite. But he throws a **** ton of passes too. Do you know what int% is? Theres a reason mannings career int% is 3.2 compared to Brees 2.7. Also why Brees threw more int this year yet had the same int% as Manning.

So Eli is on his game when he needs to be? What happened in the years he was one and done? Did he just not feel like it those years? And you keep claiming he played great in the super bowl runs every year. Except he didnt. He did have five games that were great. What happened in bot of the nfc championships? Thats right his defense and special teams were big reasons they won. But yes they won on the back of the great eli. What about him choming the division away this year? Did he not need to be on his game to prevent that?

Ive not seen to many people say anything about him consistently missing the playoffs. But about his inconsistentplay year to year.

Those 4 qbs are just as good if not better than eli in the playoffs and all 4 leave him in the dust in the regular season. Brady and both Mannings are all right about the same(unles of course you're only looking at wins, something you seem to have a hard grasping is a team accomplishment, while Rodgers and Brees smoke all three. But I wouldnt understand someone from your stand point to understand that it takes more than great qb play to win a game.

vCash
    Also, sorry but I dont really pay much attention to your elementary level responses with no substance. How come you didnt reply to the other post? You know the one I blew a big hole in your "Eli carried a porous defense" comment. Was it because you can't come up with anything to refute it like usual?

vCash
    "What is an elite QB?"

Eli Manning.

And that's IT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    Also, sorry but I dont really pay much attention to your elementary level responses with no substance.
    Paying attention and attention to detail aren't one in the same yet it doesn't appear either are in your favor as you missed the many times, including this thread, where I ripped Eli. You're just bent on being you and that's sombody you live with, not me.

Bravo to the Skins fan
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    No, the majority don't think Eli is elite. Also, it isn't a matter of opinion. Eli is not as good as the top4 QBs in the NFL.
    Two Superbowl MVP's aren't opinions, they're fact. Those very facts have irked a certain minority here. They can't get past it and it's not my problem.
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    When people use a different set of criteria to determine who is elite, of course, there's going to be differences. But I'm sure everyone here knows that.

vCash
    Two Superbowl MVP's aren't opinions, they're fact. Those very facts have irked a certain minority here. They can't get past it and it's not my problem.
    It must be miserable not being smart enough to think critically and deeply. I pity you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    It must be miserable not being smart enough to think critically and deeply. I pity you.
    I'm not stuggling to be clever so save the pity for those who find the internet as the pinacle while the resume is (blank).

Two Superbowl MVP's - those are facts.
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    really hope flacco wins the mvp tonight to invcalidate that arguement
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    Not sure what that means in English but I don't believe either QB's can win two Superbowl MVP's tonight.

Off to the Superbowl party
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    Me too, but you know the Eli slobknobbers will still say something like "you aren't elite until you win two SB MVPs" and then throw something in there about having to have a certain amount of clutch drives in the last 2 minutes of the game or something.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 02-03-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Okay this argument isn't going anywhere. The bottom line is there is no formula for elite. People have different opinions on what it is. Some of you guys are saying that right now its the top 4 (Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees) because they are significantly better than everyone else below them. Then you got other people like myself who feel that guys like Eli and Big Ben should be on that list too for what they have done when it counts the most. The "top 4" are definitely significantly better in the regular season. But if you ask me, Big Ben and Eli have been significantly better than a couple of those guys in the post-season.

Flip onto ESPN and NFL Network and CBS/FOX/NBC and all of their analysts have been saying that Flacco will also be elite if he plays well tonight and the Ravens win. And they have reasons to say that. Yes Flacco may not be superb in the regular season. He has his ups and downs. But his team is in the playoffs. And name a QB who has been more solid in the post-season over the last 3 years than Flacco. In his last 7 playoff games he has thrown for 15 TD and just 2 picks. He has played so well.

All I'm saying is why do you guys reserve that label only for the guys who play the best in the regular season, when there are guys who consistently outperform them in the postseason or as they call it "the real season". I don't think elite QBs should be shrinking in the post-season. So if we are going to call QBs who shrink in the post-season "elite" then we should also call the guys "elite" who come out in the post-season and play some of the best football of their lives.

Thats all I'm saying. Agree or disagree. My minds not changing and I doubt some of yours are either
    Last edited by hail2skins4life; 02-03-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast