Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 350
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,226
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHero3 View Post
    haha howd he do this season? hmmm whats that word, consistency? do you know what that means? I dont think you do.

    Look at his stats. Hes only gotten more than 30 tds in a season ONCE. He's had 10 or more INTs every year he has started, avg'ing almost 17int's a season and only 25TDs a season.

    NYG's defense had more to do with those SB wins than Eli. He just had the best individual stats on each of those games, and they got to give it to somebody.

    Has he ever gotten SEASON MVP? hmmm NOPE. Has he ever even been in the running to? NOPE.
    Howdy doo to you too? Show me the fantasy stats behind window #1 . . . oh wait, that's Aikman.

    Two Superbowl MVP's and only fickle don't see how he got there.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    100
    vCash
    1500
    Whoever you can base a logical argument around that you wouldn't want any other QB playing for your team other then them. For me it's Brady, Brees, Manning and Rodgers and maybe a healthy Big Ben.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    205
    vCash
    1500
    Elite to me means you wouldn't trade your QB for anyone else in the league...No one would trade Tom Brady even for Payton or vice versa... There are 5 Elite right now Brady, Manning, Manning, Big Ben, and Rodgers...everyone else would be traded for one of these guys plain and simple! Age has nothing to do with it. Luck will be on this list soon!
    Tebow Makes us all pray now!

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Stumble Inn UES
    Posts
    5,569
    vCash
    1500
    By that logic, I think the only "elite" QB would be Aaron Rodgers and maybe Brady.

    Steelers fans wouldnt trade Big Ben right now for Aaron Rodgers?
    Go Knicks!

    All time

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    256
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    so he's elite because he had two good games?
    Are you serious dude? So are you saying that all six of those playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl don't count? He didn't perform at an elite level in those games? And the way he closed out those regular seasons to put his team in position. He played at an elite level the entire 2011 season. Stop the hate or stop trolling. In his 2 Super Bowl runs the dude has thrown 15 TD's to just 2 picks. Over 2000 yards and 63% completion. Not mention he was just about as clutch as a QB can be during those runs.

    wtf are you talking about 2 good games. do you even watch football?

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    256
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHero3 View Post

    Look at his stats. Hes only gotten more than 30 tds in a season ONCE. He's had 10 or more INTs every year he has started, avg'ing almost 17int's a season and only 25TDs a season.

    Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls before he had a 30 TD season.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    2,874
    vCash
    1500
    So you can be an "elite" qb and never have been in the MVP race?

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,226
    vCash
    1500
    Originally Posted by Pinstripe power

    so he's elite because he had two good games?


    Quote Originally Posted by hail2skins4life View Post
    Are you serious dude? So are you saying that all six of those playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl don't count? He didn't perform at an elite level in those games? And the way he closed out those regular seasons to put his team in position. He played at an elite level the entire 2011 season. Stop the hate or stop trolling. In his 2 Super Bowl runs the dude has thrown 15 TD's to just 2 picks. Over 2000 yards and 63% completion. Not mention he was just about as clutch as a QB can be during those runs.

    wtf are you talking about 2 good games. do you even watch football?
    Funny, isn't it?

    only the tip of the iceberg. Hilarious
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,231
    vCash
    1500
    consistently playing great.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,226
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    consistently playing great.

    then there are none. Next
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quakertown-PA
    Posts
    973
    vCash
    1500
    Any QB that makes the playoffs apparenty.lol

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Posts
    591
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hail2skins4life View Post
    Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls before he had a 30 TD season.
    Fair point but certainly a bit different.
    Those 3 rings came in his first 4 years as a starter, when he was still definitely a QB in "development."
    Eli was much further into his career when his Super Bowl appearances came about.
    He should've been more advanced.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    then there are none. Next
    Eli's brother says hi

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,226
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    Eli's brother says hi
    Not consistent in the playoffs. Kitten's rules (they will change though)
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,226
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Fair point but certainly a bit different.
    Those 3 rings came in his first 4 years as a starter, when he was still definitely a QB in "development."
    Eli was much further into his career when his Super Bowl appearances came about.
    He should've been more advanced.
    You mean like Peyton and Brees who won in their 9th year?
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •