Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Yeah, Troy Aikman sucks. His stats are a fantasy joke
    Iys not like Aikman was terrible statistically. For when he played his int%, cmp% and y/a were all very good. He was also above average all but three years in rate, with two of those years being his first two in the league. Only thing he lacked was the high td%, which he was pretty much average through out his career. If I have a team as talented as the early 90s Cowboys, especially at a time when passing wasn't as bog a factor as it is today, I'd be fine with having a qb who dont throw a ton of tds if he's efficient in other areas and dont throw a ton of picks.

Your problem is you think people who look at stats and could care less about rings only look for high td numbers and a ton of yards. If that was the case we would be all over Elis nuts. Most of care about qbs who take care of the ball, who are efficient and consistent. Theres no doubt in my mind Eli could be elite and one of the best qbs in the league. He has the talent. For me its consistency(off years like this year and 2010) and turns It over to much. IMO if he could do 2011 with 3-4(2.0-2.2 int%) 2-3 years in a row Od have no problem putting him right behind Rodgers/Brady/Peyton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    For the love of God I am amazed by your infatuation with people and wrestling in an NFL discussion....Its like you know you have 0 to bring to the table in any discussion so then you go way off topic and attack people because of what they watch....

Also I like Santa and wish he was real....Christmas time even at 27 years of age is the best time of the year. I still leave out Milk and Cookies like Momma MTM taught me.

Why do wrestling fans all pull a Jay Cutler when . . . .

Sry Santa isn't real and Eli's Superbowl MVP awards are real. Good news though, I heard the Easter Bunny is real and those play online all day likely don't have health insurance and will be visted by the tooth fairy quite often. (just kidding Cena, we all know you hate Eli. He was tougher against the 49ers than Rodgers was against the Giants or 49ers. The toughness wasn't even close) and that's not off topic.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 01-30-2013 at 09:09 PM.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    Iys not like Aikman was terrible statistically. For when he played his int%, cmp% and y/a were all very good. He was also above average all but three years in rate, with two of those years being his first two in the league. Only thing he lacked was the high td%, which he was pretty much average through out his career. If I have a team as talented as the early 90s Cowboys, especially at a time when passing wasn't as bog a factor as it is today, I'd be fine with having a qb who dont throw a ton of tds if he's efficient in other areas and dont throw a ton of picks.

Your problem is you think people who look at stats and could care less about rings only look for high td numbers and a ton of yards. If that was the case we would be all over Elis nuts. Most of care about qbs who take care of the ball, who are efficient and consistent. Theres no doubt in my mind Eli could be elite and one of the best qbs in the league. He has the talent. For me its consistency(off years like this year and 2010) and turns It over to much. IMO if he could do 2011 with 3-4(2.0-2.2 int%) 2-3 years in a row Od have no problem putting him right behind Rodgers/Brady/Peyton.
    When you look at his playoff stats, he's been brilliant. Like Aikman, Eli took an absolute beating against the 49ers and hung in there while many other QB's, who are considered "Elite", didn't hang in there nearly as tough. As far as Aikman, the Boys had such great GAP control they gave the ball to Smith on the GL. Aikman was awesome.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Here is an article at NFL . com that delves into it.

link

Who are the elite QBs?
    Peyton Manning, Elie Manning & you get the idea:

super teammate, super dedicated, super hard worker, super smart, super at moving in the pocket, strong arm, fast thrower, taller than 6'2" & built sturdy (at least 220lbs.) & not needing the media or to make non-FootBall news & points. Audibles easily, gets the ball at power locations, to routes & positions of receivers & defenders, on time, does not need great receivers & HBs, but great OLs. Notice no stats, especially team success stats, like S B!
    Last edited by GreatWhiteShark; 01-30-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    That Manning guy I keep hearing about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post
    Peyton Manning, Elie Manning & you get the idea:

super teammate, super dedicated, super hard worker, super smart, super at moving in the pocket, strong arm, fast thrower, taller than 6'2" & built sturdy (at least 220lbs.) & not needing the media or to make non-FootBall news & points. Audibles easily, gets the ball at power locations, to routes & positions of receivers & defenders, on time, does not need great receivers & HBs, but great OLs. Notice no stats, especially team success stats, like S B!
    So no 6 foot 1 person could ever be an elite QB? Lol.......... You're something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    So no 6 foot 1 person could ever be an elite QB? Lol.......... You're something else.
    Rodgers is a fringe elite qb, maybe top 5. I mean hes only 6'2" 225 lbs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    Rodgers is a fringe elite qb, maybe top 5. I mean hes only 6'2" 225 lbs.
    Exactly what I was thinking, exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    SO ARE YOU!

Who said it was be one of the whole or not worthy?? It is be all, not just some or over 6'1"!

I do not know why bother to look your post, will not waste time next time, reason for ignoring- nice Signature, way to keep with what is going on.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Im offended that Blaine Gabbert hasnt been mentioned yet...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Im offended that Blaine Gabbert hasnt been mentioned yet...
    Henne is the GOAT now. Gabbert sucks ***.

vCash
    Top tier of QBs: Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, Brees, Kaepernick

ok, last one was a joke (for now ) but those 4 are who I call elite. There is a significant drop from Brees to Romo/Ben/Eli

Soon...

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    for now*

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post
    SO ARE YOU!

Who said it was be one of the whole or not worthy?? It is be all, not just some or over 6'1"!

I do not know why bother to look your post, will not waste time next time, reason for ignoring- nice Signature, way to keep with what is going on.
    I have no idea what any of this says.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Don't mind him and his jibberish Norm, it's just shark. The token Seahawks fan NFL forum ambassador during their offseason.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast