Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    Talent is talent...the giants didnt miss him last year....our biggest issue is we dont have talented passrushers..and our best ones are on the downside of their careers
    I'd agree with you on the pass rushers for sure. None of those guys are getting to the QB because they aren't fast enough. Losing Wimbley to his $10million salary cap hit hurt, which is why Jarvis Jones may be a solution in the draft as a 3 down LB that can also blitz. Maybe that helps Houston's production come back up, when the O Line constantly has someone else to worry about blocking.

I'm telling you though, Waufle was the best defensive coach we've had and they needed to keep that guy. Take a look at the Raiders DLinemen 3 years ago in terms of sack production, which included Shaugnessy in his rookie year, Kelly, and Seymore, (all of which being younger and Aso was shutting down half the field) with Houston being the new addition..then look at production the following two years when Waufle coached the D Line..then look at last year, and the results are pretty telling. Suck, to an above average pass rush, back to suck. +

Now he is with the St. Louis Rams as their D Line coach...they went from 30ish team sacks in 2011 to 52 in 2012...and that is with Robert Quinn their best pass rusher being injured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersteve View Post
    I'd agree with you on the pass rushers for sure. None of those guys are getting to the QB because they aren't fast enough. Losing Wimbley to his $10million salary cap hit hurt, which is why Jarvis Jones may be a solution in the draft as a 3 down LB that can also blitz. Maybe that helps Houston's production come back up, when the O Line constantly has someone else to worry about blocking.

I'm telling you though, Waufle was the best defensive coach we've had and they needed to keep that guy. Take a look at the Raiders DLinemen 3 years ago in terms of sack production, which included Shaugnessy in his rookie year, Kelly, and Seymore, (all of which being younger and Aso was shutting down half the field) with Houston being the new addition..then look at production the following two years when Waufle coached the D Line..then look at last year, and the results are pretty telling. Suck, to an above average pass rush, back to suck. +

Now he is with the St. Louis Rams as their D Line coach...they went from 30ish team sacks in 2011 to 52 in 2012...and that is with Robert Quinn their best pass rusher being injured.
    Again i think hes a good coach but your trying to compare us to teams that invested 4 or 5 first and second round picks on their dline
    I think you mean brockers...quinn wasnt hurt last year he had a very goof year as did long...two young first round picks

vCash
    The Raiders need several new names on both sides of the ball, Houston isn`t Superman he appears to vanish more times than not. Take on Dwight Freeney he`s not a UFA and will be cut by the Colts, he`ll show these boys a consistent path to the qb.

Elway will find away to aquire Dwight Freeney furthering the Raider pain.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 02-01-2013 at 01:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The Raiders need several new names on both sides of the ball, Houston isn`t Superman he appears to vanish more times than not. Take on Dwight Freeney he`s not a UFA and will be cut by the Colts, he`ll show these boys a consistent path to the qb.

Yeah....I already cant stand the guy (elway)...but now as a GM...im really startin to hate him lol...

vCash

I disagree Firm, he doesn't disappear, no one said he was superman, but if you gave him a line with three others who were as talented as he is, the sacks would stack up like cord wood. I saw him time and time again chase a ball carrier 50-60 or more yards down the field, that is effort!

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash

Freeney signed a six year deal in 2007. I'm pretty sure he's a UFA.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapo...wight-freeney/

He also had 5 sacks and 10 tackles last year, and will be 33 next year. Unless he wants to come cheap, I'm thinking this would not be a good idea.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Freeney signed a six year deal in 2007. I'm pretty sure he's a UFA.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapo...wight-freeney/

He also had 5 sacks and 10 tackles last year, and will be 33 next year. Unless he wants to come cheap, I'm thinking this would not be a good idea.

-Stork
    I`m not pushing for Freeney, I think he`ll end up in Denver.

I`m more concerned about the Raider qb lol.

vCash
    In freeneys defense he did switch to standing up I believe cause they switched their scheme. He was three four olb for the first time in his career. I'm not saying I want him here fair I don't Think he is the fa type we will go for but I don't think his stats are telling the whole story

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    I would take Dwight for cheap for a couple years but I doubt it will happen. I am a little interested in Avril though, but that will be a sizable contract to hook him. Either way I am excited to see this defense get built since we have a ton of roster spots open and a high draft pick to acquire or trade

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234