Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersteve View Post
    That is true also, if he was built to be a DT, the staff would have recognized this already and would have tried it out. But he isn't an every down DE either. 4.5 sacks is terrible, especially when it is best on the team. JJ Watts almost single handedly outsacked our entire team by comparison. And don't talk about pressures...pressures is the same thing as saying "didn't get there". but he is great on run downs and if he stays where he is, he just needs to be spelled with a pass rush guy in obvious passing situations. The same with Shaugnessy, who obviously can't get there either. I'm not poo-pooing the guy, he is a very good player, whose potential isn't being maximized and everybody realizes it. Maybe it isn't him, maybe it is drafting Jarvis Jones to get after the QB and creating some better situations for Houston to do the same?

Do you know what the biggest change between 2011 and 2012 was? Mike Waufle, the D line coach left the coaching staff! That guy coached the D Line of the Giants when the won the Superbowl and everybody on our DLine..Tommy Kelly, Seymore, Houston, and Shaugnessy all produced better when he was there (we were in the top half of the league in sacks too). That was the biggest coaching mistake the Raiders made and why
    Talent is talent...the giants didnt miss him last year....our biggest issue is we dont have talented passrushers..and our best ones are on the downside of their careers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    he never really lined up at DE @ Texas more then occassionally,and he was dominant in College @ DT.He played DT for us his rookie year when Seymour was hurt and overpowered guards pretty handily.He has great straight line speed,if he gets past a guard in the Three technique he will create havok.
    What he did in college isnt really relevant...bruce irvin lined up as a 34 end in college..that obviously has no bearing on his nfl position

houston has lined up inside multiple times as a dt and hasnt been as good as he played this year as an end

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Love it!!! Always had a thing for Houston, hope he keeps getting better an helps turn this defense around.
    Houston is probably my favorite current Raider. He is full speed and works hard, has a great attitude. I didn't like what he did with his hair this year, I think he should shave it all off, but that is neither here nor hair...there. LOL If we had a team full of people like him, we'd be playing this Sunday.

vCash
    Hahaha yea I wasn't too fond of his hair myself.
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In Their Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    That was BBD, McClain's cheerleader lol... All over his sack total...

Houston is a stud, and will continue to be a stud. He is better served at DT as I stated previously and is becoming a monster.
    Read the entire thread

vCash
    That was BBD, McClain's cheerleader lol... All over his sack total...

Houston is a stud, and will continue to be a stud. He is better served at DT as I stated previously and is becoming a monster.
    & Te'o's cheerleader as well. Get it straight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    Read the entire thread

I did... And called you out on it then, as well as now...

Get your Teo on bro

vCash
    I did... And called you out on it then, as well as now...

Get your Teo on bro
    Nah, you missed post #9 Lennay.

Try to keep up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    Nah, you missed post #9 Lennay.

Try to keep up.
    Back tracking post one don't count Brah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    So he lost weight and had his best season...so only logically he should gain it back and switch positions?
    Yes, because his natural position is DT. The only reason he had to lose weight is because he was playing DE with a DT's body, and had to adapt in order to have success. He won't have to change anything to be a DT in a 4-3 (Other than going back to his natural football weight).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Yes, because his natural position is DT. The only reason he had to lose weight is because he was playing DE with a DT's body, and had to adapt in order to have success. He won't have to change anything to be a DT in a 4-3 (Other than going back to his natural football weight).
    Ohh ok...as long as you realize that makes no sense..cool beans

vCash
    Back tracking post one don't count Brah
    Can't backtrack. I stand by the original post. Which is here if you care:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...lamarr+houston

I don't settle for 4.5 sacks by our Defensive ends. Especially one that is going up against the opponents Right Tackle. He's got 10 sacks total his first 3 years. I want 10 sacks per by this guy. I think he's capable, but his position is better suited inside. Too inconsistent on the outside his first 3 years as a pro.

vCash
    Its true... i like lamar and love the fact that he busts his balls on the field. He however should not be a DE unless we play a 3-4. I wont say he is a "stud" because he is not even close when compared to real "stud" DE's by the numbers, nor is he a probowler. I dont see him as a stud however he has the mind set and potential

vCash
    What i really like about Lamar is he is "DISRUPTIVE"....guy reaks havoc on offensive tackles and is pretty stout against the run...i think the sacks will come as our defense continues to Gel....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrown76 View Post
    What i really like about Lamar is he is "DISRUPTIVE"....guy reaks havoc on offensive tackles and is pretty stout against the run...i think the sacks will come as our defense continues to Gel....
    As do I. I think he causes a lot of pressure, others get the sack.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast