Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    I knew this guy was special! One of our future leaders!
    Hopefully they resign him early instead of letting him test free agency. He is a really good player and probably deserves some of the money Kelly and Seymore are getting. I'd like to see him compete on the inside shooting the B gap because he just doesn't have the speed to get to the QB on the outside. 4.5 sacks is a good year for a DT, but terrible for a DE...and that is the best on our team. If not, he is still awesome on run downs...which we face a lot of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    At some point last season, people were starting threads about how Houston was 'useless' or some such nonsense.

The fact is, Houston has been a high-energy player since he was drafted. He's one of the few defensive players who the team should be building around.
    I was thinking the same thing.

On that note, not all of our players are garbage, they made it to the NFL for a reason and other teams would love to have some of our under-performers.

Hopefully with a these new additions of position coaches, we can get the best out of our players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    At some point last season, people were starting threads about how Houston was 'useless' or some such nonsense.

The fact is, Houston has been a high-energy player since he was drafted. He's one of the few defensive players who the team should be building around.
    That was BBD, McClain's cheerleader lol... All over his sack total...

Houston is a stud, and will continue to be a stud. He is better served at DT as I stated previously and is becoming a monster.
    Last edited by fishedz; 01-30-2013 at 06:12 PM.

vCash
    Love it!!! Always had a thing for Houston, hope he keeps getting better an helps turn this defense around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    I mean a three hundred pound de in a 43 doesn't really make since and its not when the weight its just how he is built. You can tell he has a body frame that is built for the inside of the line. I Think he will be a even better dt especially with someone good next to him

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Last year was his most productive season playing around 280...i dont know why ppl think hes an every down dt....hes too small

Hes best where he is as a strong side end...he just needs to convert the pressures he gets into sacks...sometimes hes way too aggressive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    Last year was his most productive season playing around 280...i dont know why ppl think hes an every down dt....hes too small

Hes best where he is as a strong side end...he just needs to convert the pressures he gets into sacks...sometimes hes way too aggressive
    He was playing at 280?

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash

vCash
    Haha Lamarr Houston is a Beast!
    Darth Raider Meets The Legendary Al Davis !!!

To All My Oakland Raider Nation Brothers Remember .. Never Argue With An Idiot , First They Start The Fight. Then Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Their Experience!

Oakland Raiders Fan For Life ~ GangsteRaider

vCash
    Just like he went down in weight, he can go back up. He's an NFL player with a great work ethic and a professional training staff. I don't see what the problem is here.

vCash
    August 2012 was the dated article but what does he weigh Feb 2013

I'm sure he'll be ready come next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    I'm sorry, people put stock into listed heights and weights?

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Just like he went down in weight, he can go back up. He's an NFL player with a great work ethic and a professional training staff. I don't see what the problem is here.
    So he lost weight and had his best season...so only logically he should gain it back and switch positions?

vCash
    So he lost weight and had his best season...so only logically he should gain it back and switch positions?
    That is true also, if he was built to be a DT, the staff would have recognized this already and would have tried it out. But he isn't an every down DE either. 4.5 sacks is terrible, especially when it is best on the team. JJ Watts almost single handedly outsacked our entire team by comparison. And don't talk about pressures...pressures is the same thing as saying "didn't get there". but he is great on run downs and if he stays where he is, he just needs to be spelled with a pass rush guy in obvious passing situations. The same with Shaugnessy, who obviously can't get there either. I'm not poo-pooing the guy, he is a very good player, whose potential isn't being maximized and everybody realizes it. Maybe it isn't him, maybe it is drafting Jarvis Jones to get after the QB and creating some better situations for Houston to do the same?

Do you know what the biggest change between 2011 and 2012 was? Mike Waufle, the D line coach left the coaching staff! That guy coached the D Line of the Giants when the won the Superbowl and everybody on our DLine..Tommy Kelly, Seymore, Houston, and Shaugnessy all produced better when he was there (we were in the top half of the league in sacks too). That was the biggest coaching mistake the Raiders made and why

vCash

he never really lined up at DE @ Texas more then occassionally,and he was dominant in College @ DT.He played DT for us his rookie year when Seymour was hurt and overpowered guards pretty handily.He has great straight line speed,if he gets past a guard in the Three technique he will create havok.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast