Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What position do you personally hope we pick in the 2nd round? And give brief why!

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • LT

0 0%
  • RT, move Bulaga to LT

0 0%
  • RB

3 23.08%
  • OG

0 0%
  • WR

2 15.38%
  • Center

0 0%
  • DE/DT

3 23.08%
  • TE

1 7.69%
  • NT

2 15.38%
  • ILB

0 0%
  • S

2 15.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What position do you personally hope we pick in the 2nd round? And give brief why!

What position do you personally hope we pick in the first round? And give brief why! All assuming your first pick comes true.
    Last edited by cooters22; 01-30-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    I went NT for a few reasons. First, BJ hasn't played the past two seasons close to his 2010 season. I wanna resign him, but we can't break the bank on him and give him top NT pay. 2nd, I think BJ would be more effective playing less and the same can be said for Pickett. 3rd, concerned about Worthy not playing next year at all. In this defense a NT can also play on the outside. 4th, backup help. 5th, Pickett I'm sure is nearing yhe end, and our DL needs more depth anyways.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    i would say NT also...... my first rounder was a 34DE and 2nd pick should be someone to give Raji a blow and be effective..... hell maybe push Raji to pick it up a notch since I think he regressed drastically this year. Or maybe this NT allows Raji to move out to DE and make more of a difference.... lots of good things come from having a top notch DL..... and IMO we have one of the worst groups in the NFL at DL...

vCash
    This pick could go a lot of different directions. I don't really know a ton about the DL in the 2nd round just yet, but judging by our needs I think that might be the direction we'd go. Worthy could be out. Neal, Pickett, Raji, and Wilson are all FA next year. If a good one fell in the 1st (which I don't see happening) then my positions could be swapped.

If the talent isn't there in the 2nd round we could go RB. This looks like a good spot for one. All depends on what the Pack think of Harris. I still am pulling for a S even though I don't think it'll happen. Unless Ted knew this was a strong S class that's why he didn't pick one early last year...

I don't see us going T, but I could see us going C here if a good one is there or if Ted wants to reach for one. Which this is the round he reaches the most with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    I went NT for a few reasons. First, BJ hasn't played the past two seasons close to his 2010 season. I wanna resign him, but we can't break the bank on him and give him top NT pay. 2nd, I think BJ would be more effective playing less and the same can be said for Pickett. 3rd, concerned about Worthy not playing next year at all. In this defense a NT can also play on the outside. 4th, backup help. 5th, Pickett I'm sure is nearing yhe end, and our DL needs more depth anyways.
    My first rounder was LT.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    i would say NT also...... my first rounder was a 34DE and 2nd pick should be someone to give Raji a blow and be effective..... hell maybe push Raji to pick it up a notch since I think he regressed drastically this year. Or maybe this NT allows Raji to move out to DE and make more of a difference.... lots of good things come from having a top notch DL..... and IMO we have one of the worst groups in the NFL at DL...

Raji regressed in 2011 IMO and the second half of 2012 is when he came back around.

Just read a breakdown of every snap of Raji the first 4 games and it said he only had a negative play percentage of 12%. I found that eye opening because he seemed horrible then.

On the last line, we're hardly the worst but I can see your frustration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Raji regressed in 2011 IMO and the second half of 2012 is when he came back around.

Just read a breakdown of every snap of Raji the first 4 games and it said he only had a negative play percentage of 12%. I found that eye opening because he seemed horrible then.

I don't really want to say it but I think we were spoiled with him in 2010. How many NT in the league get 6.5 sacks? Not to mention he had that pick. I just think we kind of came to expect that from him. NT are suppose to plug up the middle in a traditional 3-4 system. But we really don't run that so he's suppose to get sacks but he's also getting doubled teamed half the season. I'm just saying I want to see him next year before I decide that he might not be the NT for us. (Not really directing that at anyone)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I don't really want to say it but I think we were spoiled with him in 2010. How many NT in the league get 6.5 sacks? Not to mention he had that pick. I just think we kind of came to expect that from him. NT are suppose to plug up the middle in a traditional 3-4 system. But we really don't run that so he's suppose to get sacks but he's also getting doubled teamed half the season. I'm just saying I want to see him next year before I decide that he might not be the NT for us. (Not really directing that at anyone)
    Yeah I was kind of thinking something like that. I was thinking of more of how many impact plays he made and we just assumed that would happen year after year and it's just not very realistic. Now because he had such a good year he gets underrated because of the drop off, even though overall he's really not doing a horrible job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post

I completely agree about Raji the 2nd half of last year. He was again looking like a dominant NT. He started good in 2011 then slumped for about a season and a half. I'm not concerned about him. They need to keep his snaps down and I feel they did that well last year. If they have another DE he won't be used in nickel situations which is really all they need. So having Neal and hopefully a top pick from the 2013 draft would fix the problem for me. I really don't want to see a DE and a NT taken in the first 2 rds. I mean it could really improve the group but I feel 1 of the picks could be used better. Plus unless Pickett is gone they would have to keep an extra lineman or drop a player even if Worthy was on the PUP. I don't see them cutting Wilson(Had a really good year against the run) or Daniels and Neal and Raji are safe. They normally carry 6 if I'm not mistaken. If worthy came back to start the year that would be 8.
    Mike Daniels #76- 2013 stats/2014 stats
    Games played - 17
    Sacks/Hits/Hurries - 2013 6.5/6/27 2014 -
    Tackles/Stops - 2013- 23/23 2014 - 5/5
    PFF Grade/Run defense/Pass Rush - 2013- 22.4/9.5/12 2014- 2.8/3.7/-1.0
    Run Stop %/Pass Rushing Productivity- 2013- 8.6/9.3 2014- 18.5/0
    PFF 3-4 DE position ranking overall grade - 6th 2014- 7th

vCash
    I voted safety but I'm not even sure if I believe it. IDK I'm torn. In an ideal world I would want TT's Board to have the BPA be a DE in the first. After that I am completely torn. I mean I would love TT to have drafted a DE, S, ILB, WR, RB, CB, C by the end of the fourth lol. I don't see that happening though. This draft is loaded with OLB's and not as heavily with DE's from what I've had a chance to see. Maybe I'm wrong but I wonder if TT considers taking an OLB at any point if the player is the BPA. I would love to see what Capers could do with Matthews, Perry and another first rd OLB.
    Games played - 17

vCash
    tyler eifert
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Say we go out of the norm and pick a position that isn't necessarily a need pick in the first round, say a TE, OG, CB. We grab a guy that is just too good to pass up. What then becomes top priority in the 2nd round?
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    Say we go out of the norm and pick a position that isn't necessarily a need pick in the first round, say a TE, OG, CB. We grab a guy that is just too good to pass up. What then becomes top priority in the 2nd round?
    DE. Especially after learning Worthy may miss the entire season.
    Games played - 17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    DE. Especially after learning Worthy may miss the entire season.
    I was sorta thinking the same thing, or a NT so BJ can slide out some. That injury really concerns me.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    I still would say WR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast