Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Its almost looking like the Buffalo Bills on skates.

Who's to blame here? What changes need to be made in this organzation?

Ive always been a Ruff supporter, but only because I never thought the players Darcy brought in here were talented enough to Judge Lindy's entire body of work.

We have a superstar in Vanek. Under "Lindy's system", his overall game looks great. A couple of 40-goal seasons and if it wasnt for his jaw injury a couple years ago, he would have had the goal scoring title. Under the system, he also makes his linemates look better.

Pominville is another talent. Under "Lindys system", he has had some good years with last years 30-goal year being his best.

Drury & Briere, both had great goal and assist totals. Under the umbrella of "Lindy's system", our team was good.

The key here is talent. I know I left out a couple of players, but the fact is, when you have talent, coaches coach and players play. The players I mentioned above, are different from the other players on our roster, because they are talented enough to be wanted by other hockey teams in the league. The other players on the team would be 3rd and 4th liners elsewhere or out of the nhl all together. Its a shame that when Vanek got injured, Lindy had no other choice than Gerbe to be put on our top line.

If Gerbe, Hecht, Kaleta, Stafford, Ennis, Ellis, McCormick, Sultzer, Weber, Leino, Sykera all left this organazation, under a new system and coach, do we think they are going to become NHL stars or just the same ol mediocre average joe type hockey players?

The fact is, Darcy has been our GM for over a decade and despite the 10% of the players that he brought in that were talented, Darcy has continuosly stuffed our roster full of 90% mediocre average joe type players. So what does Lindy really have to work with. People complain that Lindy has burried an 18-year old rookie on a bad line, but what do you expect? for Lindy to demote someone from our top line, for an 18-year old, cross your finger hope he's good, type of rookie. He is burried in a bad line, because after number our #1 line, Darcy has signed nothing but laziness and average level talent. I do think Grigs could replace Hodgson eventually, but you dont switch a line that has accounted for 95% of the teams scoring.

This team has suffered ever since Darcy let both Drury and Briere walk. He was lucky enough to get them, and stupid enough to not identify their worth. Do you all remember J.P Dumont. Darcy thought Curtis Brown was a better choice and in the summer signed Brown to the same contract Nashville signed J.P to. OOOOPS. Brian Cambells agent said that the summer before his final year of contract, Darcy refused to extend him to 6-years 24 million. He then plays his final year, shows he is awsome, gets 7 million a year instead. Another big Ooops for Darcy.

Lets not forget Hasek. Buffalo has the best goalie in the world and Darcy allows him to decide where he is going to be traded to and for who the sabres can get in return. That has never happened in the history of the sport. Thanks Darcy. If Hasek ends up threatening retirement, cal his bluff, but Darcy isnt smart enough.

We have needed a center ever since we lost Drury and Briere. Darcy ignores the position for 4 years and his big free agent move, under our billionare owner, is to sign Leino and ask him to switch positions. Then Lindy is forced to move Ennis to Center.

I think a lot of people hear about "Lindy's System" but nobody out there can truly identify what it actually is, but they critizise it and blame Ruff anyways. As if it is Lindy's fault Myers got manhandled by Skinner to score an empty not goal. Or that it is Ruff's fault Leopold let Toronto skate to the goal with just the tiniest of shoves, that then allows them to score the game winner.

You cant teach character and heart. Players are born with it. Ruff is stuck with a team that the majority of players dont have either. Add in the fact that they arnt really that talented to begin with and Ruff is coaching a loosing battle.

Ask your self this question; If Ruff coached Pittsburgh, do the penguins miss the playoffs 6 out of the last 10 years. If Ruff coached Detroit, do they not make the playoffs every year. Same goes for Philly, Boston and LA. So in the end, you have to blame what we are watching due to a lack of talent and Darcy is the man to blame for that.
    Last edited by sabres11; 01-30-2013 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    I've noticed that seemingly nobody other than vanek or pominville can score... And Myers is just been absolutely pathetic at best;he looks lost, out of position, and has contributed nothing but terrible play and opponents goals. I know this whole off season thing is messing up players but come on.

vCash
    I've noticed that seemingly nobody other than vanek or pominville can score... And Myers is just been absolutely pathetic at best;he looks lost, out of position, and has contributed nothing but terrible play and opponents goals. I know this whole off season thing is messing up players but come on.

vCash
    That was a friggin win tonight! This team just seems to play up to its competition. Vs Philly, it was very similar to tonight: throwing the body around, playing tough, skating hard, putting the puck on net. Vs Toronto and Carolina, not so much.

Myers has been terrible. I wasn't overly impressed with him. On Marchand's second goal, he plays possum with Seguin in front of him. That really bugged me. Aside from him, I was very pleased with today. Miller had a good game, Ehrhoff played well. Vanek, goes without saying. Hodgson played well, and as has been for most of this short season, Foligno played well too. Very quality win.

Credit--- Phins1983

5. 02-01-2013, 10:31 AM
    Reason
    Insults and responses to insults

6. 02-04-2013, 09:30 AM
    Reason

7. 02-05-2013, 11:41 AM
    Reason

8. 02-05-2013, 04:25 PM
    Reason