Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_One View Post
    Why are people still trying to make hay out of nothing. You know why? That's what people do when they want a guy gone is they create a firestorm of controversy around him to try and make him look like a headcase that would best be dealt with by shipping the guy out of town. Pau has had a bad foot and what not and he's starting to look like the old Pau. Give the guy a chance.
    THIS. i'm glad to see some logic in here.

gasol is not the enemy of the lakers. the lakers are the enemy of the lakers, right now. instead of hate on a guy who is struggling to find a role in a new (flawed) system, we should be accommodating him as a starter. he's a HoF PF in the NBA, and we're talking about him like he's garbage or something.

if i were gasol and if i were benched when there is no better player in front of me at the 4, i would be irate. i would ask to be used or be traded. simple. you think he wants to deal with this crap at the end of his career? i wouldn't want to, so i wouldn't do it.

vCash
    ^so tiss the reason the time has come to part ways.

It's a business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by friarfan07 View Post
    THIS. i'm glad to see some logic in here.

gasol is not the enemy of the lakers. the lakers are the enemy of the lakers, right now. instead of hate on a guy who is struggling to find a role in a new (flawed) system, we should be accommodating him as a starter. he's a HoF PF in the NBA, and we're talking about him like he's garbage or something.

if i were gasol and if i were benched when there is no better player in front of me at the 4, i would be irate. i would ask to be used or be traded. simple. you think he wants to deal with this crap at the end of his career? i wouldn't want to, so i wouldn't do it.
    it is true that gasol should be starting with the lakers. i feel that he has given up and not play as hard as he can due to him not being happy with his role. I am a big fan of gasol and I think it is time to trade him for him to be happy again and play the way he does. the damage is done and dont see it going away anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    ^so tiss the reason the time has come to part ways.

It's a business.
    you have a point. but in this business, it's about winning to stay successful in said business. gasol's stock is in the gutter, considering his recently down numbers, recent injuries, salary hit, and age. we aren't going to get value if we trade him. so, why not use him how we should? start him at PF and not get all uppity if he has a bad game. when kobe was going 8-26 from the field every night, i didn't notice quite the same din in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Ghost View Post
    it is true that gasol should be starting with the lakers. i feel that he has given up and not play as hard as he can due to him not being happy with his role. I am a big fan of gasol and I think it is time to trade him for him to be happy again and play the way he does. the damage is done and dont see it going away anytime soon.
    i don't think we'd get value, right now, for gasol in any way. i'd rather try to use him how he's supposed to be used (starting 4) and go from there. he's still solid, all things considered. and i think he could bounce back from the slow start and be a major contributor for us down the stretch. but not if he's sitting on the bench when journeymen are starting over him.

vCash
    Today marks the 5 yr anniversary of the Gasol trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencesc11 View Post
    To me if your keeping D'Antoni he needs to be moved so here is my 3 best trade scenarios for the Lakers

Boston Celtics
    Gasol and Meeks for Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, and Courtney Lee

Chicago Bulls
    Gasol for Carlos Boozer and Rip Hamilton

Minnesota T'wolves
    Gasol for Peckovic, D. Williams, and Ridinour

None of the deals stand out as blockbusters but they all add depth to a Laker roster that needs it terribly other than the Chicago trade but Boozer might be the perfect PF for this offense as well.
    Knicks
    Pau for Amare Stoudemire
    i dont see LA taking on Stoudemire due contract for 3 years.

hawks
    Pau for Josh smith
    problem is, Kobe is due to make 30mil in 2013/14
    Howard would be a FA
    Josh Smith will be a FA as well
    wouldn't be able to afford them with Kobe making 30 mil.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Kobe's going to have to take a pay cut for the good of the team. He can't expect to keep making that kind of ridiculous money. How many yachts can he water ski behind he doesn't need the money. That is if he wants one or two more rings with the Lakers.
    Last edited by The_Great_One; 02-01-2013 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_One View Post
    Kobe's going to have to take a pay cut for the good of the team. He can't expect to keep making that kind of ridiculous money. How many yachts can he water ski behind he doesn't need the money. That is if he wants one or two more rings with the Lakers.
    Hope he takes <10 mil on his next contract. Would be huge.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910