Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Low risk. No reason to complain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Itchy Azz (donkey) !!!
    ok, im not on board with the signing. great sinc elosing the icthy dick otufield
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Official:

Yankees signed DH Travis Hafner to a one-year, $2 million contract.

He'll have a chance to make $4 million more through incentives. Hafner is obviously a poor bet to stay healthy, but he's a good bet to be pretty productive when on the field, and, at $2 million, the Yanks haven't risked much. The 35-year-old batted .228/.346/.438 with 12 home runs and a .784 OPS in 66 games with the Indians last season while battling knee and back injuries. He'll be the Bombers' regular DH against right-handed pitching.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    ^^ Yankees like paying a lot of money to guys who are always injured.

vCash
    Well...at least we got younger

vCash
    $2 Mill is a lot? Its a low risk move jsut like Chavez, Ibanez, Andruw were. If he doesn't work and can't stay healthy you can just release him. You know like Nick Johnson in his second stint here. If he can stay pretty healthy he's a perfect fit for YS. He draws walks and has power

vCash
    IF he stays healthy, and that's a huge if, the absolute maximum I would expect from him in terms of power numbers is Swisher (25 homer tops), and that may even be a push. Like I said, doubt this guy even stays healthy enough to play 70 games, in which case he could just be an Andruw Jones replacement.

But who knows, nobody thought Ibanez would do what he did for us last year.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    Though it is going to be nice having someone in the lineup you know nobody wants to fk with lol
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    are u chittin me LOL mide as well resign Giambi and Pavano LMFAOOOOOOOOO@ these moves i'd rather get Vladdy Guerrero outta semi retirement

vCash
    BTW I used to hope A Rod did well even forgave the steriod drama the 1st time now I dont even know if I want this clown to break steriod Bonds record LOL I wish both just fade away baseballs tainted Aaron Ruth mays meant something now these losers are in that name class hell no disgusted as a fan right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
    BTW I used to hope A Rod did well even forgave the steriod drama the 1st time now I dont even know if I want this clown to break steriod Bonds record LOL I wish both just fade away baseballs tainted Aaron Ruth mays meant something now these losers are in that name class hell no disgusted as a fan right now
    Pretty sure guys back in the day used "uppers" to help there level of play.

vCash
    Why don't the Yankees wait until the players just hit the dl before they sign them. Great move if he stays healthy. Why is this the motto this off season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Pretty sure guys back in the day used "uppers" to help there level of play.
    off topic but lets not compare uppers to steroids and peds
    MLB Stadiums: 12-30
    Sorry everyone i am a POOR SPELLER

Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    I can't believe people think he is on roids. You must be the same people that actually think OJ Simpson was guilty.

vCash
    I'm liking this signing more each day.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    I don't see a whole lot wrong with this move. A gamble, yeah, but if it pays off at all, we add some power for cheap. It isn't like there was a whole lot of other options out there.

If you want to complain about other moves that have or have not been made, fine, I get that. But this one, on its own merits, works IMO. If the guy can get on the field, he should hit some out, and give us some presence in the lineup.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast