Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    The Yankees have a deal in place with Travis Hafner, Chad Jennings of the Journal News reports. The deal could be announced later today or tomorrow, once contract language has been finalized. Terms of the deal aren’t known, though Jennings suggests it’ll be a one-year contract in the $1.1MM range. Hafner, a client of the Legacy Agency, will obtain a Major League deal, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports (on Twitter).

The Yankees plan to use Hafner as a platoon designated hitter who only plays against right-handers, Jennings writes. Hafner, a left-handed hitter, has a career batting line of .287/.391/.534 against right-handed pitching.

Hafner hit free agency after the Indians chose a $2.75MM buyout over a $13MM option earlier in the offseason. The 35-year-old hit .228/.346/.438 with 12 home runs in 263 plate appearances for Cleveland last year.

Hafner has averaged only 85 games a season over the past five years due of injuries. Despite his past health issues, he drew interest from the Indians this winter. Rob Bradford of WEEI.com first reported the Yankees could be nearing a deal with Hafner.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#hXYWpSyVRzzY3Wlz.99
    Well.....I'm actually going to look at this like this is good news for the team.

Most of our roster should be demonstrating herculian weight loss, envied by the immortal Jack LaLane himself, by mid season as this fat, f%cking, overhyped, overpaid, dullard dunce eats everyone out of house and home nightly at the clubhouse buffet table.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Well.....I'm actually going to look at this like this is good news for the team.

Most of our roster should be demonstrating a herculian weight loss and statuesque physique by midseason, enviable even by the immortal Jack LaLane himself, as this fat, f%cking, overhyped, overpaid, dullard dunce eats everyone out of house and home nightly at the clubhouse buffet table.
    Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh.
    You are. We have fatter guys than him. Pity the fool who comes between CC and the buffet table.

vCash
    Can't wait for Fatty IGT.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    #parade

vCash
    The allstar team of 2007 is being built in yankee land! Woo hoo...........oh wait, it's 2013!
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    I remember when the signings of colon ibanez garcia chavez thames jones were bashed too.

vCash
    I don't love the signing of Pronk, but who was the better DH option that was left?

Everyone loves Ichiro. Pronk was a better hitter than Ichiro the last 2 seasons. We just need to hope he can stay healthy.

vCash
    Itchy Azz (donkey) !!!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Love this signing for you guys. Seems like the type who will destroy YS. I wouldn't be shocked if hit hit 30 out this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I don't love the signing of Pronk, but who was the better DH option that was left?

Everyone loves Ichiro. Pronk was a better hitter than Ichiro the last 2 seasons. We just need to hope he can stay healthy.
    He should by only playing DH against RHP. But you never know.

vCash
    I'm on board with this signing. No downside. Big upside.

Donkey is in Leo's Stable.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    I found this comment funny in response the the hafner signing

"Incentives in the contract call for bonuses of $250,000 each if Hafner plays in 3, 6, 9 and 12 games..."
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    I remember when the signings of colon ibanez garcia chavez thames jones were bashed too.
    This times 1,000,000

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I think this would be a great signing for the Yankees. The guy can flat out mash against righties. We have several options to face lefties already, so between all of them the DH should be a productive position for this team. If the Yankees are able to either get good offensive production out of Romine or sign/trade for a legitimate catcher, they are just as good if not better than last season.
    I agree if we can stay healthy, either get some production out of Romine or find another legit catcher we should be a good team. The wild cards to me is if/when Arod comes back what kind of production well get out of him and If we can get anything out of Pineda.

With what was available Hafner has the chance to be the most productive, if healthy he really could mash in YS. It will definately be interesting to see how the yr plays out. I'm just hoping for a really good yr down on the farm that will give us some better options next yr.
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Eric Chavez should have been kept.
    agreed i think it was a huge mistake to let him go, it wasn't like he was asking for a bunch of yrs and a ton of money. He handled both corner infeild positions very well and was very productive at times at the plate. Chavez is a 2nd only to them letting Martin go IMO.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast