Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Branyan, Gaudin, Sturtze, Wright, Mientkiewicz, Proctor, Pudge, Rondell, Prior, Garcia, Nick Johnson, and Javier Vazquez would disagree.
    Most of the guys you mentioned were on minor league deals. Pudge was only acquired because of a Posada injury, Garcia gave us one great year, and in his second year he did minimal damage because his scrap heap contract allowed us to have a quick hook with him. Although Vazquez was a terrible trade (IMO), he was not a scrap heap, he was paid $11 million.

These scrap heap guys are the types the Yankees sign in mass and hope one or two sticks. They do this every year and every year one or two sticks and helps the team. They've been pretty successful with these types of moves, and there is no risk associated with them if they end up like the guys you mentioned above.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    I think this would be a great signing for the Yankees. The guy can flat out mash against righties. We have several options to face lefties already, so between all of them the DH should be a productive position for this team. If the Yankees are able to either get good offensive production out of Romine or sign/trade for a legitimate catcher, they are just as good if not better than last season.

vCash
    I'm still holding on to the hope of Michael Morse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I'm still holding on to the hope of Michael Morse
    You do know he was already traded correct?

I'm not sure if there is sarcasm in your statement.

vCash
    All clutchness aside, looking at the stats, he could easily be better than Ibanez was in 2012. At the very least he's likely to get on base more. With the short porch though, and the ability to mash righties, this could be the ideal situation for him.

Ibanez had a .248/.319/.812 batting line last season against righties.

Hafner hit .241/.361/.798 last season against righties, even with all of the back issues he has.

Hafner is also only one season removed from a .302/.404/.886 batting line against righties. If he can do something close to that for the Yankees, he will be better than Ibanez was (except he can't play defense).

BOLD PREDICTION: Hafner hits 20 homeruns for the Yankees this season and bats .290/.380/.860

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    You do know he was already traded correct?

I'm not sure if there is sarcasm in your statement.
    In all honesty I totally freakin missed this! In my defense I'm swamped with it being tax season but I hang my head in shame as I am 98% on top of ****....usually

Hope Pronk can give us a healthy year.

vCash
    Did we actually sign Hafner?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

vCash
    The Yankees have a deal in place with Travis Hafner, Chad Jennings of the Journal News reports. The deal could be announced later today or tomorrow, once contract language has been finalized. Terms of the deal aren’t known, though Jennings suggests it’ll be a one-year contract in the $1.1MM range. Hafner, a client of the Legacy Agency, will obtain a Major League deal, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports (on Twitter).

The Yankees plan to use Hafner as a platoon designated hitter who only plays against right-handers, Jennings writes. Hafner, a left-handed hitter, has a career batting line of .287/.391/.534 against right-handed pitching.

Hafner hit free agency after the Indians chose a $2.75MM buyout over a $13MM option earlier in the offseason. The 35-year-old hit .228/.346/.438 with 12 home runs in 263 plate appearances for Cleveland last year.

Hafner has averaged only 85 games a season over the past five years due of injuries. Despite his past health issues, he drew interest from the Indians this winter. Rob Bradford of WEEI.com first reported the Yankees could be nearing a deal with Hafner.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#hXYWpSyVRzzY3Wlz.99
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

vCash

Prove me wrong Travis.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Eric Chavez should have been kept.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Aaaaand it's official, we signed him...

vCash
    Pretty much official.

vCash
    It's also official that we're the oldest team in baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Did we actually sign Hafner?
    According to this guy, we have a deal in place.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    The Yankees have a deal in place with Travis Hafner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Most of the guys you mentioned were on minor league deals. Pudge was only acquired because of a Posada injury, Garcia gave us one great year, and in his second year he did minimal damage because his scrap heap contract allowed us to have a quick hook with him. Although Vazquez was a terrible trade (IMO), he was not a scrap heap, he was paid $11 million.

These scrap heap guys are the types the Yankees sign in mass and hope one or two sticks. They do this every year and every year one or two sticks and helps the team. They've been pretty successful with these types of moves, and there is no risk associated with them if they end up like the guys you mentioned above.
    So what you're saying, in essence, is that management throws a bunch of sh#t at the wall and hope one or two stick.

I think we finally agree on something.

And so, a new era begins.....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast