Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Yes he should absolutely be in the hot seat.

I don’t buy this ‘too small of a sample size’; we have seen him for a couple of seasons now with no hardware. Did we all forget the previous two playoff seasons? We were outcoached and embarrassed during both exit series. His system has shown glimpse of success but just as much failure.

This team is in serious trouble. We lead the league in penalties while having the worst penalty kill. Our power play is almost as bad. If we were losing even strength, or competing in games it’d be a different story. Right now this team is aimless and lost, getting destroyed on special teams.

No I do not think it is time to do anything drastic regarding the coaching staff, but Lavvy is/should without a doubt be in the hot seat.

vCash
    I question if we pinned the "C" on G's uniform to fast. Sure he stepped up to the plate in the Pens series last year. But so far this year he's just not producing. Did Philly recreate Mike Richards all over again?

vCash
    it's so damn early to be talking about any of these things. 7 games into a season that was halfway over before it even started, and we're talking about G not being ready to be named captain and Lavy getting fired.

really...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Who are guys you could see us trading if we are still struggling by the deadline? I know Timonen will probably be discussed but who else could you see be available?
    IF we are still struggling some names you could see floating around

Timmo
    Playoff Danny B
    Jakob
    Read

I think those would be the 4 names the flyers would be willing to part with, maybe even Hartsy but thats a big maybe

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I question if we pinned the "C" on G's uniform to fast. Sure he stepped up to the plate in the Pens series last year. But so far this year he's just not producing. Did Philly recreate Mike Richards all over again?
    I think we felt we HAD to give it to him, we know Pronger isnt coming back and honestly no one else is deserving of it lol

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    it's so damn early to be talking about any of these things. 7 games into a season that was halfway over before it even started, and we're talking about G not being ready to be named captain and Lavy getting fired.

really...
    indeed.

vCash

really...
    I hate these types of posts. Yes we are talking about it. This is Philadelphia. We talk sports. We worry, we nitpick, and we make hasty decisions. It has been happening since the time of my father, his father before him, and so on. Deal with it. Furthermore these are all viable options. Giving the C to G was a hotly debated subject and his lack of performance has only added to it. Lavvy, like all coaches, deserve to be under the microscope all of the time, especially with a terrible start under his belt. Don’t try to act all superior by saying things like ‘really guys’. Instead either join in the conversation or stay out but how about no to the pointless posts like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    the only thing that Richards didn't do as a captain is talk to the media 'correctly' ... he wasn't good at it and didn't like doing it ...

Richards was one hell of a Captain and I hope Claude Giroux plays as well as a Captain as Mike Richards did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs_3PeQQUxc

i'm not sure what your comment, "Did Philly recreate Mike Richards all over again?" means ... Richards was just under a point per game player for us ... and above a point per game player in the playoffs ...

vCash
    I'm not in panic mode yet. But we 7 games into a 48 game season and falling behind fast. Hopefully we are just off to a slow start and get hot towards the end of the season and make the playoffs. As we all seen last year, just get into the playoffs and you never know what will happen. I think G is pressing to much, hell the whole team is probably pressing to much. Lavi should be getting questioned but he doesn't score goals and play defense. I think we need Gust and Bourdon on D right now, hell maybe evening Manning. Just my opinions though.

vCash
    With just six days of camp and no preseason, everybody is expecting perfection from this club. This is a very young team and it may take 10-12 games or even 15 games to really get rolling. So no, I don't feel that Lavy is under the gun at all. I don't expect seeing Kimmo going anywhere has he has been pretty good on Defense. The struggling D-men that stick out to me right now are Coburn, Foster and Gervais. Even Lilja the dinosaur looked better and more in tune with what was going on... I don't understand, we have some promising D-men on the Phantoms that have yet to give a shot. The only real problem is passing when they should be shooting. It's as if they need a damn shot clock or something...

vCash
    I mean NJ has 8 points we have 4 points......lets just throw it in the bag now....season over.

Again once we get to the 1/2 point at LEAST and we are 1/2 the points of our division leader then lets start chirping..

vCash
    New line combos today at practice

Simmonds - Giroux - Briere

Read - Couturier - Knuble

McGinn - Schenn - Voracek

Fedotenko - Talbot - Rinaldo

Lavy said he liked the way the G line played with briere there in the 3rd period last game so looks like hes rolling with it. Lines are pretty balanced. I mean you gotta try something right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyedSuicide View Post
    With just six days of camp and no preseason, everybody is expecting perfection from this club. This is a very young team and it may take 10-12 games or even 15 games to really get rolling. So no, I don't feel that Lavy is under the gun at all. I don't expect seeing Kimmo going anywhere has he has been pretty good on Defense. The struggling D-men that stick out to me right now are Coburn, Foster and Gervais. Even Lilja the dinosaur looked better and more in tune with what was going on... I don't understand, we have some promising D-men on the Phantoms that have yet to give a shot. The only real problem is passing when they should be shooting. It's as if they need a damn shot clock or something...

Coburn and Foster have looked very shaky, with Coburn being infinitely more disappointing since I (we?) expected him to anchor our defense and build off last years fantastic season. Additionally, I thing Gervais has been, at least for me, a very pleasant surprise and has looked the part of a solid 3 pairing defenseman.

However, Lilja was flat out brutal in the Rangers game. He was on the ice for less than 10 minutes and very noticeable (in a bad way) everytime he handled the puck. At least that is my take. What did you see that stood out to you in a positive way if you don't mind me asking?
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45999&dateline=133521  2357

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stags View Post
    Coburn and Foster have looked very shaky, with Coburn being infinitely more disappointing since I (we?) expected him to anchor our defense and build off last years fantastic season. Additionally, I thing Gervais has been, at least for me, a very pleasant surprise and has looked the part of a solid 3 pairing defenseman.

However, Lilja was flat out brutal in the Rangers game. He was on the ice for less than 10 minutes and very noticeable (in a bad way) everytime he handled the puck. At least that is my take. What did you see that stood out to you in a positive way if you don't mind me asking?
    Luke Schenn has been better than expected - and Bryz (obviously)

while we haven't seen the long pass this year from the D-zone ... i think getting out of our zone 5v5 has been a positive this year ... last year, 5v5, i thought they did a very poor job of getting out of their zone and clearing pucks past pinching defenders ....

other than that ... this season has not been too positive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stags View Post

He didn't have the greatest of puck movement or passes, but he didn't turn it over and he had a few good keeps. If he did make a mistake it didn't haunt him for the rest of the game, he forgot about it and kept trying. What ever happened to Marc-Andre Bourdon? Wikipedia still says he is a Flyer, but isn't on their roster nor the Phantoms roster. I know he was having concussion issues, but he just vanished. I'd say that this would be the best time to cycle in Brandon Manning and Gus every few games so we don't wear out our top D-men. Get the young legs out there and preserve for the home-stretch.

vCash
    MAB is still battling post-concussion sydrome.

Also, this got posted a little while ago, which I find slightly humerous since we were just having this discussion:

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...ers-vs-rangers
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45999&dateline=133521  2357

vCash
    New line combos today at practice

Simmonds - Giroux - Briere

Read - Couturier - Knuble

McGinn - Schenn - Voracek

Fedotenko - Talbot - Rinaldo

Lavy said he liked the way the G line played with briere there in the 3rd period last game so looks like hes rolling with it. Lines are pretty balanced. I mean you gotta try something right?
    Like Briere up there, that was my thought before the season started. However, I think we're wasting time with Knuble. Nice veteran presence but I get the feeling he's sorta done on the "making an impact" front. I dunno, maybe he'll surprise me here in another week or two...but I don't see him being too much of an impact for us here...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast