Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Should Peter Laviolette be on the hot seat? If not...when?

Flat out, I think it's worth discussion. I come down on the side of "no" he shouldn't be, but we all know this is a sport where quick starts are praised and slow starts often end with a coach who gets canned. So I figure it's at least worth discussing whether or not he should be on the hotseat....or if you think he actually is. When do you think he should be?
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Yes and I dislike his system.... That being said he wont be because he will have the excuse of a shortened season and or injuries and thus he has a get out of Jail free card. Next season it will all be on the line and no excuses will save his job if we have a let down again.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    See, I disagree. I absolutely love his system, the problem is we've kind of put together a team on the ice that doesn't fit that system. You need shooters, fast skaters, a hard forecheck, and mobile defensemen for that system to flourish. Instead, we've got one of the slowest defenses around, who barely chip in offensively, and our forwards like passing and seem shooting-anemic. It's the wrong system for what we have today, sadly.

That said, I don't think we should let him go, either. I really like him as a coach.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Laviolette, in my mind, isn't really the problem. His philosophy for this team is a good one. I think our problem is we are too small in the forwards. If you look at our roster...not forgetting this is a fairly young team....it's also a very light team....Outside Knuble, Hartnell, Voracek, to an extent Couturier....Our forwards are all 190 lbs. and under....that makes for getting to the net a little tougher when the opponents defense could outweigh and outmuscle you by 30-40 pounds....Need the garbage collectors like Knuble and Hartnell on this squad...pulls the defense in giving the skaters a little more room...the other problems are getting shots on net...sometimes they try to get too cute with the passing...

vCash
    He's probably already on the hotseat. Coaches don't seem to last very long here, so that fact that he's even still around is surprising. With that said, I don't want Lavi to go anywhere.

I really like what Homer has done since taking over as GM, but it really doesn't seem like he and Lavi are communicating correctly. Like you said, more on the defense, it just seems like there are a lot of players that don't fit.

vCash
    he has won a cup and has proven he can adapt ... hell, he was the last coach to take the islanders to the playoffs ...

he doesn't have the talent to execute his system ... yet ... they will re-organize ... this is a throwaway season, sadly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    See, I disagree. I absolutely love his system, the problem is we've kind of put together a team on the ice that doesn't fit that system. You need shooters, fast skaters, a hard forecheck, and mobile defensemen for that system to flourish. Instead, we've got one of the slowest defenses around, who barely chip in offensively, and our forwards like passing and seem shooting-anemic. It's the wrong system for what we have today, sadly.

That said, I don't think we should let him go, either. I really like him as a coach.
    This. 100%. Hitchcock or Stevens would be drooling to coach this team....this is a slow pace in your face broad street bully team...

We need faster skaters....Schenn and Couts are great talents but just to lead footed...

Jakob, Max, Danny, Claude, Wayne. Faster skaters, and produce in this system.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    No but I do wish he would start practicing special teams more.He did say in an interview last year " in more words " that he didnt feel it necessary to spend time during practices on special teams and for this I believe its costing the team wins other then this decision I think he is doing a fine job coaching.Just my 2-cents
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    He doesn't have the players to fit his system. The defense is way to slow to be running a fast pace system.

vCash
    Will Homer use his 2 buyouts + Timonen's expiring contract as a way to get Laviolette more players that are geared to his system?

vCash
    Don't doubt Homer to get this teams needs.

Honestly depends on trade deadline record and positioning

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Who are guys you could see us trading if we are still struggling by the deadline? I know Timonen will probably be discussed but who else could you see be available?
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    If we won 2 of the 5 games we lost would we still be asking this question? That statement alone makes the question absurd. TOO SMALL SAMPLE SIZE, lavy has YEARS OF SUCCESS to look at, so he has failed for 7 game stretch. We are so reactive....that includes myself sometimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allphillyman359 View Post
    If we won 2 of the 5 games we lost would we still be asking this question? That statement alone makes the question absurd. TOO SMALL SAMPLE SIZE, lavy has YEARS OF SUCCESS to look at, so he has failed for 7 game stretch. We are so reactive....that includes myself sometimes.
    Read my post before you flip your ****, because you look silly. I said he shouldn't be on the hot seat, but this is a topic that should at least be discussed. Not to mention half of the thread is "when should he be in the hot seat?"

Coaches, however, get fired all the time for bad starts in the NHL. So while he obviously wont be fired by Friday, there's going to come a time if this bad stretch continues (lets say we're 4-8-2, for example) at the 14 game mark. Then what? The fact is, this team's having not only a bad stretch but a bad start - when it's far more obvious and you don't have any prior hot streaks to at least fall back on.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Id go to war for Lavy!!! I honestly think he'll be around for a while!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast