Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Are we concerned about this PED report and Melky....

After looking into this report I am not sure if its anything that we need to be worried about... it claims melky bought the items around april of 2012. He was suspended in july for the synthetic testosterone, which he most likely bought from this clown in florida... so it looks like he wont be suspended again, but if he is... do we go after another LF or just roll with Davis until melky comes back?

Your thoughts......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan55 View Post
    After looking into this report I am not sure if its anything that we need to be worried about... it claims melky bought the items around april of 2012. He was suspended in july for the synthetic testosterone, which he most likely bought from this clown in florida... so it looks like he wont be suspended again, but if he is... do we go after another LF or just roll with Davis until melky comes back?

Your thoughts......
    How on earth would he be suspended again? This changes absolutely nothing with Melky.

vCash
    Unless something new comes to light, the period covered in the documentation is the period he was already suspended for, so he should be clear on that front. It looks bad, but again, we knew what we were getting when we signed him, so we have to take the bad with the good.

In the extremely unlikely event he was suspended again because of new information, I would think who replaced him would depend when in the season it happened, and where we are in the standings at the point. Should be a moot point tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Korac View Post
    Unless something new comes to light, the period covered in the documentation is the period he was already suspended for, so he should be clear on that front. It looks bad, but again, we knew what we were getting when we signed him, so we have to take the bad with the good.

In the extremely unlikely event he was suspended again because of new information, I would think who replaced him would depend when in the season it happened, and where we are in the standings at the point. Should be a moot point tho.
    Basically this ^

At first I was a bit concerned because I didn't know the dates and I thought this was something NEW but it just exposes what he was already suspended for. He'll be fine unless he got caught cheating again AFTER he was already suspended but I don't think that's the case.

He's fine.... I think guys like Gio, Cruz and A-Rod have far more to be concerned about...

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I just hope AA put some fine print in his contract saying that if he is caught cheating again, his contract is void.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
    I just hope AA put some fine print in his contract saying that if he is caught cheating again, his contract is void.
    heh, that would have been a good question for the media to ask during one of AA's interviews.

Too bad we're stuck with "herp derp, where do you see the Jays placing at the end of the season, Alex?"

Toronto media = SMH

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    No...

I haven't heard any ball player being suspended twice .
    Being suspended 50 games is bad enough

vCash
    They talked about this on primetime sports basically if he ordered a different drug then the one he was suspended for then he will be suspended again

vCash
    He (and Yasmani Grandal) were suspended for elevated testosterone levels. I don't know for certain, but I don't think they can actually pinpoint exactly what they were using from that. Doesn't sound like anyone should be worried about Melky missing anymore time.

vCash
    I don't think they are correct on PTS....If he doesn't pop positive again, then I don't see how he can be suspended again. You don't get suspended for buying something on the banned substance list, you get suspending for actually taking it (and them actually catching it in your system).

vCash
    I'm pretty sure you can be suspended for possessing a banned substance even if there's no positive test.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    He (and Yasmani Grandal) were suspended for elevated testosterone levels. I don't know for certain, but I don't think they can actually pinpoint exactly what they were using from that. Doesn't sound like anyone should be worried about Melky missing anymore time.
    I am pretty sure this is correct. I have never heard of a player being suspended for use of a specific type of drug, only the results of using them. (i.e. Elevated testosterone, histamines, whatever...).

I'm not a doctor though, so take with the usual amount of forum-based salt.

vCash
    Manny's the only one I remember being popped for a specific banned substance, but that came from them getting a hold of documentation that proved he took it, not a test (though he did test for elevated testosterone too).

vCash
    . Hopefully some of the steroids are left over from his time in San Fran lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    . Hopefully some of the steroids are left over from his time in San Fran lol.
    Nevermind
    Last edited by StealingSigns; 01-31-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast