Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Houston Rockets (25-22) @ Denver Nuggets (28-18) 1/30 9:00 PM ET

(25-22) Houston Rockets @ Denver Nuggets (28-18)

Wednesday, January 30th
    9:00 PM ET

Pepsi Center
    Denver, CO

Houston Rockets Starters

Jeremy Lin-James Harden-Chandler Parsons-Marcus Morris-Omer Asik

Rockets Reserves

Toney Douglas-Scott Machado-Daequan Cook-Carlos Delfino-Terrence Jones-Royce White-Donatas Motiejunas-Cole Aldrich-Greg Smith-Patrick Patterson

Denver Nuggets Starters

Ty Lawson - Andre Iguodala - Danilo Gallinari - Kenneth Faried - Kosta Koufas

Nuggets Reserves

Wilson Chandler - Timofey Mozgov - Anthony Randolph - Julyan Stone- Andre Miller - JaVale McGee - Jordan Hamilton - Evan Fournier - Quincy Miller- Corey Brewer

vCash
    The Rockets are coming. Can't let up. Take care of business men.

vCash
    We win this one...
    Gallo 28,7rbs,3ass
    Ty 22,8ass
    Iggy 12,9rbs,6ass
    Faried 16pts,13rbs

vCash
    the nuggets pulled off a crazy win monday against the pacers (after blowing a 14-point fourth-quarter lead), and did so without the services of javale and ill wil.

the forward chandler (groin) practiced today and said he’ll play against the rockets, while the center mcgee (shin) is questionable. An mri today confirmed there is no stress fracture in his left tibia.
    dp

vCash
    "We know that's probably our goal. I respect San Antonio; the Clippers and Oklahoma City are probably too far away from us," Nuggets coach George Karl said after Tuesday's practice. "Four is our goal."

"Realistically, we know 4-5 is a goal," Karl said. "And try to win that first round, gain confidence and keep a young team going in the right direction."
    DP

I don't think Karl is a big believer in psychology and if he is..he's awful at it. The Nuggets still have plenty of games left to shoot for a higher seed than the 4th.

vCash
    You always want to shoot higher...you tell your team that the 4th seed is good enough..then they may only stay focused to get 4th seed and nothing more.

vCash
    God i hate karl so much in that regard... i think thats the one thing i genuinely hate about him

i question his rotations, i question his ability to teach fundamentals, i question his ability to use players properly, i question his ability to draw up plays, i question his ability to call timeouts at the right time, i question his ability to inspire the team, i question his consistency in what he tells his players to do

but i hate him, as a coach and as a person, for that mentality of "thats good enough" he may be the only coach in the league that doesnt have winning every possible game and a championship as the goal, instead its "win what you can and gain some experience in the first round" every god damn year

hell i had stricter coaches with higher expectations in tee-ball

they also taught better fundamentals

vCash
    I disagree with GK about the teams offense strategy. I disagree with GK on how to close out games. I do not think this is the way to win playoff games.

Now with that all said he has a team with 0 all star players on pace for a 50 win season despite a tough schedule. It is hard for me to argue against those results.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Believe me it's not hard to argue...if you have probably the best defender at his position(Iggy),if you have rebounding machine in Faried,good rebounders in Iggy,KK,Mozzy,McGee and even Gallo,and if you have 2 20+ppg players(Ty,Gallo),and if you have 7 10+ ppg players(Iggy,Ty,Gallo,Brewer,Faried,McGee,Chandler ) and when you have good bench...it's not that hard to win 50 games,atleast it shouldn't be.If we had Coach Pop or Rivers instead of Carl,believe me we would be #2(if not #1) in the west..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    Believe me it's not hard to argue...if you have probably the best defender at his position(Iggy),if you have rebounding machine in Faried,good rebounders in Iggy,KK,Mozzy,McGee and even Gallo,and if you have 2 20+ppg players(Ty,Gallo),and if you have 7 10+ ppg players(Iggy,Ty,Gallo,Brewer,Faried,McGee,Chandler ) and when you have good bench...it's not that hard to win 50 games,atleast it shouldn't be.If we had Coach Pop or Rivers instead of Carl,believe me we would be #2(if not #1) in the west..

I like the glass half full optimism. That is how I like to look at things but to be fair to GK most the league and other fans do not view the individual talent as highly. Gallo averages 16.8 ppg. Ty averages 14.9ppg. You have them both as 20ppg scorers. Neither guy has ever averaged 20ppg for a season. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Iggy is a good defender. Is he the best? He has only made one 2nd team defensive team. This team does have a lot of good players but no all stars or superstars.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Gallo in January:
    In January 14 14 33.4 0.458 0.430 0.802 1.0 3.8 4.8 2.4 0.9 0.6 18.8
    Ty:
    In January 13 12 32.5 0.489 0.487 0.771 0.5 2.2 2.6 6.5 1.5 0.3 18.0
    i dont count that 23 games away lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    Gallo in January:
    In January 14 14 33.4 0.458 0.430 0.802 1.0 3.8 4.8 2.4 0.9 0.6 18.8
    Ty:
    In January 13 12 32.5 0.489 0.487 0.771 0.5 2.2 2.6 6.5 1.5 0.3 18.0
    i dont count that 23 games away lol
    It would be great if we could pick and choose what games to count but even when you did they still did not reach 20ppg. Keep up the optimism.

I do think Gallo will be a 18-21ppg scorer but I'd like to see him raise his rebounds to 7 per game and his assists to 3.5 per game.

For Ty I think 15ppg is fine. He doesn't have to be a 20ppg scorer. I'd like to see him increase his setting teammates up (regardless of assist numbers), and improve his defense.

vCash
    Aiming for 4th? Reminds me of Semi-Pro.

vCash
    Stone is in D-League with Miller,i would also send JHam and maybe Evan so they can play together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I disagree with GK about the teams offense strategy. I disagree with GK on how to close out games. I do not think this is the way to win playoff games.

Now with that all said he has a team with 0 all star players on pace for a 50 win season despite a tough schedule. It is hard for me to argue against those results.
    All-star is an overrated award that means nothing, KG is an all-star starter and it is easy to argue that Faried has been around his level of production, but faried didnt even get close to making the team, so what?

I have absolutely no doubt that this team has more talent than the Spurs

but the difference? coaching and execution
    Last edited by IgglesFanInCO; 01-30-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast