Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    I think you need to give the NRA some credit. If it wasn't for the NRA, Marla Maples would be completely forgotten.
    I have to admit, I had forgotten about her.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    I have to admit, I had forgotten about her.
    Forgotten about who????

vCash
    NRA just needs to leave this be, they have been making a bad name for themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    Forgotten about who????
    Marla Maples
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain View Post
    NRA just needs to leave this be, they have been making a bad name for themselves.
    The good news is they will have a hard time making their name much worse. Even 80% of membership does not agree with leadership when it comes to universal transfer check.

vCash
    An outrage against common decency? Ease up off the throttle there. I'm not a fan of the NRA, but neither am I a fan of someone, anyone, who spends their professional life trying to delegitimize and otherwise limit the bill of rights. I find her, and others who support her, just as abhorrent, heavy handed, and willfully ignorant of taking actual steps to make people safer in order to appease their own distaste for people who live their lives in a manner that is inconsistent with their ideals.

So basically, I look at Feinstein like I do Jimmy Swaggart, only Swaggart at least apologized once, even if it too was fake. She's a media whore, who hates people who don't share her personal values, and like a televangelist, will then try to compell others to live as she wants them to through changing their legal rights. I find that despicable and wretched to its core. Go ahead and put Feinstein next to Pat RObertson. Their personalities look like twins. Actually, you know who she reminds me of- that evil teacher from Harry Potter who dresses in pink and carves words into the kids arms to teach them a lesson. That's pretty much dead on exactly who she is.

But then Ialso view the NRA as either a giant douche or a turd sandwich as well. Its one thing to advocate education, awareness, and resposnible gun ownership while countering those who want the second amendment done away with, as Feinstein is on record as stating multiple times. But its another to advocate for those who seek to udermine the 2nd amendment through using those protected firearms to break the law. The NRA has gone out of its way to be unhelpful and counter to what the 2nd amendment is supposed to represent.

So I stand by my position. Go ahead and pick one or the other if you like. Its still, in the end, siding with either a giant douche or a turd sandwich. I still think they both suck and that they both take the dialogue to a moronic, unhelpful level that in the end will keep literally not one human being safe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    People can boycott a company for a liberal cause and it is okay. The NRA publishes what amounts to a boycott list for a conservative cause, and they are chastised. You're smart enough to see it, I would think.
    gay marriage = human rights, civil rights, all men (women) are created equal

gun control = the NRA is calling out anyone who is in favor of gun control, not gun BANNING. that list does have ppl who have said "ban guns" but majority of them are in favor of stricter CONTROL of guns. It doesnt violate any amendment rights or civil rights.

Gay marriage isnt just a "liberal" cause bc it is clearly a civil rights issue- speaking out against gays is just as bad as speaking out against a race in my opinion as most homosexuals are born that way.
    Last edited by MagicHero3; 01-31-2013 at 09:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    So I stand by my position. Go ahead and pick one or the other if you like. Its still, in the end, siding with either a giant douche or a turd sandwich. I still think they both suck and that they both take the dialogue to a moronic, unhelpful level that in the end will keep literally not one human being safe.
    And I will stand by mine - that there is no logical, reasonable, or even sane basis for comparing the influence, impact, power, and downright reactionary and evil intentions of the NRA with the lone voice of Sen. DIFI. Try and get it past your hatred and into your head that she is only trying to make life in the US a tiny little bit safer for all, while the NRA is lobbying for more guns, more ammo, more protection and privileges for arms manufacturers. The NRA is evil incarnate and needs to be stopped. DIFI is one woman with a bill that won't even get passed thanks to the insidious influence of the NRA. Not even the remotest basis for any comparison of turdiness there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHero3 View Post
    gay marriage = human rights, civil rights, all men (women) are created equal

gun control = the NRA is calling out anyone who is in favor of gun control, not gun BANNING. that list does have ppl who have said "ban guns" but majority of them are in favor of stricter CONTROL of guns. It doesnt violate any amendment rights or civil rights.

Gay marriage isnt just a "liberal" cause bc it is clearly a civil rights issue- speaking out against gays is just as bad as speaking out against a race in my opinion as most homosexuals are born that way.
    Exactly! Meanwhile, the morons who run the chicken business believe that you can "un-gay" people with some bizarre form of "therapy", which they're happy to keep funding. This is more insanity that only exists in the US.

vCash
    Sure there is. I just made it. You, in turn, resort to calling me illogical, unreasonable, and insane. You tend to follow the logcal path of every dictator in recent world history. I am trying to guess who you resemble from Animal Farm. I am guessing one of the pigs. "Agree with me, or there will be consequenses...". You going to take care of me, like they did the horse? I get it. But in here, this is about the exchange of ideas, and you are going to have to pull a different rabbit out of that hat that you keep on pulling, because by now, its just sad, and tired. What's next, a tantrum? You going to stomp your little digital feet and pout? Feinstein is on record on the issue since the early 1990s. Its not up for debate. So you keep calling me insane, and I'll just keep smiling right back at you, because no matter how much you want to bait and insult anyone in here who differs from your opinion, we all know just how full of **** your logical path is. We all know this is your methodology, as you keep on blatantly using it in this forum, thread after thread, and the mods let you do it. So you continue to assert something, then bait and insult anyone who challenges that notion in any way. Do you even notice that everyone in here just laughs at you? Do you even care? Or has the smug just taken over, and you can't help it anymore?

Mods, I fully intended this post to include every word above. If you decide to levy an infraction, I have no objection. But if you care even a little for this forum, get this douchebag under control, or in little time all this forum will attract is other douchebags... or turd sandwiches. And little else.

vCash
    "there is no logical, reasonable, or even sane basis for comparing the influence"
    ...is not saying to you, "You are insane". You start from a false reading of my words, either deliberate or accidental, I don't know, and then just completely go off on some bizarre rant. It is also you who introduced douchebags and turd sandwiches. You just don't like how I feel about the NRA, and how I am expressing my FA rights about them. Deal with it, or prove me wrong.

vCash
    I enjoy both Patsfans and amsternats musings.
    The hostility that comes across at time from Amsternat is a frustration that inteligent people such as yourself (pats) have been programmed with certain views which arent really based in logical thought or reality.

All the nonsense statistics people like to throw around on the right about gun violence not being corellary to the presence of guns is an AMAZING obfuscation of common sense. If guns werent present how could you be shot?
    isnt that something a 5 year old could reason out?
    Now the 2nd amendment guarentees ownership,and millions of levelheaded law abiding americans do not abuse the right of ownership,but that doesnt change the basic inescapebale logic regarding the corelation.
    Every argument pro ownership organizations provide is a means to dance around that fact, they provide silly phrases, Guns dont kill people, people kill people, the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, some lady from some womans rights group supportting guns gave testimony saying how having a "scary" looking military style weapon provides the courage for a mother who is attacked by 4 or 5 home invaders to protect her babies.

What kind of hysterical nonsense is that?
    what kind of nonsense is even discussing home invasions as an important reason for Gun ownership?
    home invasions with intent to harm are an astronomically rare event.
    Often I hear Gun advocates saying, Mass killing as so rare that people are just having an emotional reaction to them when they call for Gun control/
    Oh?
    And what type of reaction are they trying to provoke when they discuss the nearly impossible chances of being attacked in your home?
    I support peoples rights to own firearms as it is an important part of our identity as a country.
    but regulating and controlling how,when and who and what is allowed is not an infringement on liberty, its just smart. The NRA exists much as does the Republican party at this point.
    they both scare and cajole you into supporting them with your money,and then the do the bidding of the corporations they represent,not your interests. The NRA ONLY speaks for gun manufactures anymore,not honest gun advocating americans.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    Well, it is nice to have all the hate filled anti-constitutionalists listed in one place.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Sure there is. I just made it. You, in turn, resort to calling me illogical, unreasonable, and insane. You tend to follow the logcal path of every dictator in recent world history. I am trying to guess who you resemble from Animal Farm. I am guessing one of the pigs. "Agree with me, or there will be consequenses...". You going to take care of me, like they did the horse? I get it. But in here, this is about the exchange of ideas, and you are going to have to pull a different rabbit out of that hat that you keep on pulling, because by now, its just sad, and tired. What's next, a tantrum? You going to stomp your little digital feet and pout? Feinstein is on record on the issue since the early 1990s. Its not up for debate. So you keep calling me insane, and I'll just keep smiling right back at you, because no matter how much you want to bait and insult anyone in here who differs from your opinion, we all know just how full of **** your logical path is. We all know this is your methodology, as you keep on blatantly using it in this forum, thread after thread, and the mods let you do it. So you continue to assert something, then bait and insult anyone who challenges that notion in any way. Do you even notice that everyone in here just laughs at you? Do you even care? Or has the smug just taken over, and you can't help it anymore?

Mods, I fully intended this post to include every word above. If you decide to levy an infraction, I have no objection. But if you care even a little for this forum, get this douchebag under control, or in little time all this forum will attract is other douchebags... or turd sandwiches. And little else.
    +1
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    I find it odd how someone such as yourself(pats) who is chastising someone for his agressive posture when debating ,can then turn around and criticize a woman who has held public office since before most of the posters in here have been alive(1969),championed countless pieces of legislation that have done worlds of good across the entire nation because she has a particular view on one subject.

Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer have all served California,and the Nation with a level of class,and professionalism that people like John Bohener,Eric Cantor and Ryan have no clue even HOW to accomplish,they are mindless shills of whoever is filling their pockets.

Mrs. feinstein may be on the fringe on this issue,and she may be in denial as to the constitiutionality of her 'cause", but at least she is genuine and passionate, and believes she is right,rather then getting marching orders from the Koch brothers as to what THEY want ,and then spinning foolish frameworks to curry foolish voters to thier own slaughters.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast