Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Obviously you were. But I still don't know how this is a double standard.
    People can boycott a company for a liberal cause and it is okay. The NRA publishes what amounts to a boycott list for a conservative cause, and they are chastised. You're smart enough to see it, I would think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    People can boycott a company for a liberal cause and it is okay. The NRA publishes what amounts to a boycott list for a conservative cause, and they are chastised. You're smart enough to see it, I would think.
    I love backhanded insults!

The "liberal cause" was one company.

The "conservative cause" is listening probably hundreds of companies, organizations, sports teams, actors, authors, producers, musicians, etc., etc., etc. The sheer volume and variety of people/groups/etc on that list is what makes it so insane. The fact that the NRA wants to boycott people is a surprise to no one. The fact that they want to boycott everyone but my third grade teacher is, I would think you would be smart enough to see, at least a little crazy.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Things may look kind of different from S. Carolina, but most of us in other places don't have much difficulty distinguishing between, on the one hand, a boycott of one company for airing its reactionary views on marriage, and for providing funding for 'therapy' intended to change people’s sexual orientation.

On the other hand, we have the NRA, one of the most insidious, dangerous, ultra conservative, and downright crazy institutions anywhere on the planet, one that can only exist in the US because it would not be tolerated anywhere else. It's hardly as simple or clear cut as a liberal issue vs a conservative one.

Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    I have seen it and you are right. Unfortunately, this issue very, very closely resembles the South Park episode where Stan has to vote, and choose between a giant douche, and a turd sandwich. You can pick which side the NRA and Feinstein are on respectively, but does it really matter? We're still picking between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.
    Yes, it does matter. You can think what you like of DIFI, presumably you hate her because she's trying to do 'something' about gun control, no matter how limited or ineffectual her bill might be. But, comparing the relative size of douche-ness, or the magnitude of turdiness of one US senator to the evil might and the subversive and socially destructive influence of the NRA, is an outrage against common decency. This is a body that spends millions annually to push an ultra-conservative agenda, one that now only represents the lunatic fringe of what used to be the Rep. party; they influence, threaten, cajole, and buy politicians; they foster and protect the interests of those wonderful people, the arms manufacturers. Thank goodness that the NRA was there to ensure that all righteous, law-abiding, gun owners can now take their weapons into National parks and can pack them in their Amtrak luggage. If DIFI is a turd, then the NRA is an asteroid of batshitness.

There is nothing to compare the NRA to - anywhere.

vCash
    Usually when a group liberal or conservative is calling for a boycott they are pretty specific; don't buy their product, don't watch/listen to their show, ect. I would think when you are the National Rifle Association you may not want to leave this open for interpretation. But I question how much the NRA really cares when there is a shooting, it seems to increase business for the gun industry.

vCash
    The NRA should have every right to do this, but I think we should question the mental facuties of a group that opposes groups like:

American Medical Association
    Children`s Defense Fund
    National Coalition Against Domestic Violence

I'm surprised not to see the Southern Poverty Law Center on this list.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm surprised not to see the Southern Poverty Law Center on this list.
    Wow, that's a good call.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    I hope that Rachel Maddow isn't suicidal at having been left off this list. I can't imagine what else she'd have to do to earn inclusion.

What about the craziness of having all three main networks plus PBS on the list? Or the nation's major and most respected newspapers, as well as Time-Warner? Doesn't this insanity tell us something about the NRA that people really should pay attention to?

vCash
    Ha who just brings up Rachel Maddow mid conversation..

vCash
    This is pretty hilarious. Best of luck fighting those evil bastards at the Int`l Ladies` Garment Workers` Union.......godspeed NRA you courageous freedom fighters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Weren't you surprised at her exclusion? Hell, Oprah and Ellen made the list, why not Rachel?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    A person making a good point, it seems.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    A person making a good point, it seems.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    I love backhanded insults!

The "liberal cause" was one company.

The "conservative cause" is listening probably hundreds of companies, organizations, sports teams, actors, authors, producers, musicians, etc., etc., etc. The sheer volume and variety of people/groups/etc on that list is what makes it so insane. The fact that the NRA wants to boycott people is a surprise to no one. The fact that they want to boycott everyone but my third grade teacher is, I would think you would be smart enough to see, at least a little crazy.
    I never said it wasn't crazy. Just made an observation. No backhanded insult, at least I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    Things may look kind of different from S. Carolina, but most of us in other places don't have much difficulty distinguishing between, on the one hand, a boycott of one company for airing its reactionary views on marriage, and for providing funding for 'therapy' intended to change people’s sexual orientation.

On the other hand, we have the NRA, one of the most insidious, dangerous, ultra conservative, and downright crazy institutions anywhere on the planet, one that can only exist in the US because it would not be tolerated anywhere else. It's hardly as simple or clear cut as a liberal issue vs a conservative one.
    Except it is as simple as a liberal issue v. a conservative issue.

vCash
    Ha that sig can not be true.

vCash
    I think you need to give the NRA some credit. If it wasn't for the NRA, Marla Maples would be completely forgotten.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast