Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Source: Expectation Growing For Josh Smith Trade

Expectations are growing that the Hawks will trade forward Josh Smith, a source said. Smith has averaged 17 points, 8.6 rebounds. 4.7 assists and 2.1 blocks this month despite the trade speculation. ~ Marc Spears

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nb...XJuYWw-;_ylv=3
    This is news to me. Anyone have ideas of who may make a serious run at him?

vCash
    Dallas and Orlando.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post
    Dallas and Orlando.
    LOL what?!?! for who?
    ONCE A KNICK ALWAYS A KNICK ALLSTAR 2013@KnicksBrooklyn

vCash
    Orl? your off your rocker what use would we have for Josh Smith? we are rebuilding and we def don't need him in our rebuilding plans
    Last edited by TrAv=MaGiCfReAk; 01-30-2013 at 11:15 AM.

vCash
    Like the Suns with Nash, it might be too late to trade him for anything that'll help with the future.

Maybe to the Cavs for Tristan Thompson and change (assuming he'd resign)? It'll really depend on what Atlanta is looking to get in return.

The other side of this is, does he truly expect to get a max deal?

vCash
    I've heard Houston is in the mix and it makes sense on paper, but I want nothing to do with Josh Smith. He's as inefficient offensively as it gets at PF and he's going to want a max contract as soon as he gets dealt, which he isn't even close to being worth. His skill set and athleticism make me want him, because I think McHale can work with him more in the post and keep him from shooting jump shots 20 feet from the basket. Then I remind myself that he's been in the league for nine seasons and still hasn't figured that out. Whoever trades for him will regret it.

vCash
    Dont see to much value imo

vCash
    Idk but I got a gut feeling it's coming very soon.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    "A source" not sources or Woj, until than it's just rumors. Josh does have bad shot selection but the Hawks employ a jump shooting offense. It's perfect for a bigman who can shoot like Horford. Not so much for Josh. Whenever he's called upon to post up, he's solid but this year he's struggling on his hook shot.

At Denver or Houston, he would be beastly. His points and rebounds stats are avg compared to all star players but his true value lies in other aspects of the game. If he didn't provide those other intangibles than he would be just a Carl Landry type of impact player.

He's really a small forward now since he went from 240 to 220 last season. Even after a down year he's 8th in scoring, 2nd in rebounds, 5th in assists, and tops in blocks among SFs in the league. The scoring will go up a ton, he usually explodes after the all star break.
    Last edited by reffahead; 01-30-2013 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Marion + Kaman +Wright for Smith and Zaza

Teague
    Korver
    Marion
    Horford
    Kaman

Collison
    Mayo
    Smith
    Dirk
    Zaza (Bynum, Howard, or Jefferson in FA)

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

vCash
    If he wants max ..NO ONE should want him.. Stop overrating this guy..

Hes arguably one of the worst players to watch .. People complain about pau & guys like boozer being soft but how do they average more rebounds and probably more points in the paint then a guy that plays with attitude or athleticism ? Either hes soft or dumb to keep taking shots that he probably doesnt even see go in in practice..
    He needs a pop or a thibs to sit him down to show him he needs to earn his stay on the court & stop wasting plays by thinking your dirk..play your game because you can be great at it..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I've heard Houston is in the mix and it makes sense on paper, but I want nothing to do with Josh Smith. He's as inefficient offensively as it gets at PF and he's going to want a max contract as soon as he gets dealt, which he isn't even close to being worth. His skill set and athleticism make me want him, because I think McHale can work with him more in the post and keep him from shooting jump shots 20 feet from the basket. Then I remind myself that he's been in the league for nine seasons and still hasn't figured that out. Whoever trades for him will regret it.
    Houston 3 years from now will likely be paying a pretending team alot of money..they should go after a true low post guy..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LTBaByyy View Post
    Marion + Kaman +Wright for Smith and Zaza

Teague
    Korver
    Marion
    Horford
    Kaman

Collison
    Mayo
    Smith
    Dirk
    Zaza (Bynum, Howard, or Jefferson in FA)
    If we trade Smith, it won't be for trash. We're going to want picks or young players in return.

vCash
    Smith for Howard makes to much sense to me.

Both those guys would re-sign with their new teams at seasons end so it seems like a no-brainer.

vCash
    ONCE A KNICK ALWAYS A KNICK ALLSTAR 2013@KnicksBrooklyn

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast