Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should they bench Alex?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 42.86%
  • No

1 4.76%
  • Won't do any good

11 52.38%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Do you guys think A-rod and the Yankees will come up some kind of deal for him to retire or something in that nature? If they do that they can at least shed some money off of payroll but he would still get his money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    yes particularly in the ALCS where he cheated his way past the angels, who should have played the phillies in the world series.
    Bitter much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago716 View Post
    Do you guys think A-rod and the Yankees will come up some kind of deal for him to retire or something in that nature? If they do that they can at least shed some money off of payroll but he would still get his money
    I anticipate that if A-Rod has in fact played his last game in NY, there will be some kind of three way settlement between A-Rod, the insurance company, and the Yankees. Each of them stands to lose a lot of money and, in situations like that, settlements usually follow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Bitter much?
    OMG yes, i am, he came up big in several games especially game 2 of that series with the walk off home run amoung other things, he screwed vlad and weaver out of rings, and i am supper bitter about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    OMG yes, i am, he came up big in several games especially game 2 of that series with the walk off home run amoung other things, he screwed vlad and weaver out of rings, and i am supper bitter about it.
    Wasn't Troy Glaus mentioned in the Mitchell Report? I wonder how the 2002 Angels would have done against the Yankees in the ALDS without his 3 HRs and .313 batting average.

vCash
    I have a few not so conventional feelings on PED's in general:

1.) In football we celebrate teams (e.g. Steelers of the 70's who were all jacked on Roids.) Football has little to no testing for PEDs. In other words it probably still part of the sport.

2.) Baseball we celebrate Mantle, Mays who all admitted to using uppers to get an edge.

3.) In A-Rod's situation, his body has not changed much...I have seen people use creatine and their bodies change a ton. I watch Bonds and Maguire bulk up.

4.) There are some who say PED's help a player heal from injury faster (others deny this).

5.) The purist likes to talk about "records" well, what about performance enhancing Surgery (PES) like Tommy John.

I don't want to sound like I'm defending A-rod, I'm not, specifically in 2009 where the game made it clearly known that PED use was not going to be accepted.

Yet there is another side of this story that has always bugged me. Why do we celebrate a journalist publishing STOLEN MEDICAL records! There is a reason Roy Black was hired by A-Rod. Black was the attorney who successfully defended Rush Limbaugh, who had his medical records leaked to the public (in an obvious political maneuver). I don't like players breaking the law, but I also don't like journalists knowingly publishing records of private citizens to whom they know was illegally leaked. Try getting a medical record for a loved one from a hospital, there are very serious rules regarding the privacy of such records. Yet in this case those records were stolen and leaked to the press! This is a very criminal act, that is not being discussed.

Worse was Barry Bonds, look I can't stand the guy, but if voted he gets in to the HOF. Why: simply put I should never have known he did steroids. His results were based upon a random test agreed to by the players association, this information was not meant to be traced to any player, but to determine if there was a problem (which there was). Those results were supposed to be destroyed....rather they were leaked with a decoding table (to each player), thus opening up all this stuff.

The obsession of the media with steroids in baseball is something I find a bit troubling on many levels.

As for A-Rod, don't count on him doing anything other than keeping every last dollar he has. This is the guy who opted out of his last contract (via fax) costing the Yankees 21 million (and freeing Texas from 21 million). When it comes to compensation he is as greedy as they come, he is also going to be plenty bitter as this is an everyday story. Let me assure you he will take his boos and his money!

vCash
    Wasn't Troy Glaus mentioned in the Mitchell Report? I wonder how the 2002 Angels would have done against the Yankees in the ALDS without his 3 HRs and .313 batting average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshirleyrules View Post
    I have a few not so conventional feelings on PED's in general:

1.) In football we celebrate teams (e.g. Steelers of the 70's who were all jacked on Roids.) Football has little to no testing for PEDs. In other words it probably still part of the sport.

2.) Baseball we celebrate Mantle, Mays who all admitted to using uppers to get an edge.

3.) In A-Rod's situation, his body has not changed much...I have seen people use creatine and their bodies change a ton. I watch Bonds and Maguire bulk up.

4.) There are some who say PED's help a player heal from injury faster (others deny this).

5.) The purist likes to talk about "records" well, what about performance enhancing Surgery (PES) like Tommy John.

I don't want to sound like I'm defending A-rod, I'm not, specifically in 2009 where the game made it clearly known that PED use was not going to be accepted.

Yet there is another side of this story that has always bugged me. Why do we celebrate a journalist publishing STOLEN MEDICAL records! There is a reason Roy Black was hired by A-Rod. Black was the attorney who successfully defended Rush Limbaugh, who had his medical records leaked to the public (in an obvious political maneuver). I don't like players breaking the law, but I also don't like journalists knowingly publishing records of private citizens to whom they know was illegally leaked. Try getting a medical record for a loved one from a hospital, there are very serious rules regarding the privacy of such records. Yet in this case those records were stolen and leaked to the press! This is a very criminal act, that is not being discussed.

Worse was Barry Bonds, look I can't stand the guy, but if voted he gets in to the HOF. Why: simply put I should never have known he did steroids. His results were based upon a random test agreed to by the players association, this information was not meant to be traced to any player, but to determine if there was a problem (which there was). Those results were supposed to be destroyed....rather they were leaked with a decoding table (to each player), thus opening up all this stuff.

The obsession of the media with steroids in baseball is something I find a bit troubling on many levels.

As for A-Rod, don't count on him doing anything other than keeping every last dollar he has. This is the guy who opted out of his last contract (via fax) costing the Yankees 21 million (and freeing Texas from 21 million). When it comes to compensation he is as greedy as they come, he is also going to be plenty bitter as this is an everyday story. Let me assure you he will take his boos and his money!
    In terms of PED use in football, I think many people don't care at all because at the end of the day it is very much a team sport. Baseball is very much a records based sport, and people feel cheated if a player used PED's to boost their career credentials.

vCash
    deleted by poster
    Last edited by Bobshirleyrules; 01-31-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: delete in wrong spot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    On that same issue, Wouldn't bet my first born that Vlad wasn't also jacked on roids during his playing days.

11. 01-31-2013, 02:44 PM
    Reason
    double post

vCash
    http://www.dailynews.com/angels/ci_7717441 - there were a number of Angels listed on that report! Notably Gary Matthews Jr.

vCash
    They were the juicing Angels !!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshirleyrules View Post
    Bonds actually was nailed because of ties with BALCO, not because he failed the random test agreed to by the players association. The trail to BALCO ran through Greg Anderson. The feds investigated BALCO and came up with syringes, records, etc. thrown away in the trash. All of this is detailed in Game of Shadows, which is an excellent read.

Bonds' legal problems resulted from allegedly lying to the grand jury. The leaked grand jury testimony, wherein Bonds admitted to using the cream and the clear but denied knowing they were steroids, was published by the two San Francisco writers who wrote Game of Shadows. The grand jury testimony was leaked by one of Victor Conte's lawyers, who I believe spent 2-1/2 years in jail for leaking the confidential testimony.

vCash
    Owned!

vCash
    Bobshirleyrules you're spot on man. I agree with everthing You've stated.
    We should be mad at the media not the players. They're crossing the line, stealing medical records, leaking confidential court records, leaking a PED test list that was supposed to be destroyed. This isnt even about steroids. The Journalists think they're gods and that they can humiliate athletes and celeberates for any wrong doings. "Oh you took steroids, you lied, Your girlfreind didnt exist, Why did you cheat on your wife Tiger?, Why did you hit your girls freind". They're going nuts.

Look athletes always want to get in the best shape they can and have an edge. So they put in time in the gym. What happens in the gym?? Well if you workout and been to one you'll see or hear people using supplements and PED's. I went to a gym where atleast 60% of the people on PEDs. These weren't even athletes. Look there are average people out there using this stuff, its a common thing if you workout. So athletes are no different, if they can get away with it, they'll use it. If you could earn a $100M contract by using, wouldnt you use it? ofcourse you will. And if all you're competitors are on it would want to be at a disadvantage?

Ok Lance armstrong took steroids, but do we know exactly how many cyclist took but didnt get caught?
    How many baseball, basketball, football players are on PED's but havent been caught?
    How many average Americans us PED's?

How do we know when PED use started?
    We assume it was the 90's, but could they have been around in the 80's and 70's maybe even the 60s but wasnt as popular?

How do we know the players from the earlier times didnt cheat?
    Using PEDs isnt the only type of cheating, they're could've been all type of techniques/substances that were'nt detected.

The Media today is so powerful compared to the past. All those players that we consider hero's like Babe Ruth, Mantle, Jordan, Bird, Magic would be chewed up and spat out by these crazy journalists. Its not even about PED's, they just want to drive you nuts (just ask Lebron). I still dont understand why tiger woods had to appoligize to the media, thats his personal business, you dont think any of those journalists commited adultary

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast