Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Should they bench Alex?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 42.86%
  • No

    1 4.76%
  • Won't do any good

    11 52.38%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 187
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    21,298
    vCash
    1500
    i know arod is dumb but hes not that dumb, why would he retire for a season

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,853
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    if im arod my reputation is already in the trash the last thing im going to do is retire and blow that money and probably last big paycheck away. either release me or bench me but im not going to retire. Its not his fault he got that deal
    He has collected over $325,000,000 during his career and you think he is really worried about one last payday?

    He should respect the Yankees and retire due to poor performance.....
    Nick

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,853
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    i know arod is dumb but hes not that dumb, why would he retire for a season

    What if the report is true and MLB suspends him?

    He could pull a Manny Ramirez...

    And if MLB has firm evidence then Bud Selig could suspend these players without a positive test....all he needs is firm evidence......

    Gio Gonzalez, Nelson Cruz and ARod could all get a 50 game suspension.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-30-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    Nick

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,853
    vCash
    1500
    If I was Hal Steinbrenner I do the right thing and that is to release him and just pay the $114 million and call it a day.....

    And if they did that would that clear cap room with regards to the $189 million? Or does the average continue on to the actual contract end?
    Nick

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,528
    vCash
    1500
    The way i see it the contract will be voided.
    1. he is out until mid Augest
    2. MLB will suspend him for at least 50 games

    Arod is my favorite player along with Jeter but there is no way he is keeping that contract. I could see them resign him to a 1-2yr deal after but his days of making 27+ mil are over

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    14,164
    vCash
    1500
    I have an idea. Let's kidnap Arod, throw him in the trunk of a Mazda. Drive him to some basement. Hide him there until 2018 or whenever his contract ends. Train him to become a weatherman when he is living in the basement. He lives their until his contract ends, this way we don't pay him a dime since he's gone. The bonus is once he is released, he'll have been trained in the weather and will have a promising career as a weatherman, it's genius!!!


    Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,065
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    He has collected over $325,000,000 during his career and you think he is really worried about one last payday?

    He should respect the Yankees and retire due to poor performance.....
    He's made much more than that...., unless you were talking about just salary.

    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    If I was Hal Steinbrenner I do the right thing and that is to release him and just pay the $114 million and call it a day.....

    And if they did that would that clear cap room with regards to the $189 million? Or does the average continue on to the actual contract end?
    They would still be on the hook, though I don't see it going down like that. Its far more likely that if anything of the sort happens it will be some Bonilla type thing. I would imagine an ugly divorce is the last thing either side wants...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,459
    vCash
    1500
    Can't just void his contract.

    Getting caught using PED's is a violation in the CBA.

    His contract is plain language. There's not even a loophole.

    Yay another a-rod thread.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    98
    vCash
    1500
    There are two things that cannot be denied:
    1. The Yankees want to get rid of A-Rod and his contract
    2. A-Rod is narcissistic and would want to keep playing for the money.

    Solution: If the Yankees CAN'T void the contract, go to him and tell him, under no uncertainty, that he will never have another at bat for five years. Tell him he's a member of the Yankees, but will never play again. And the 116 home runs that he needs to beat Bonds will NEVER be hit, unless he plans to play after her's 43 (and done with the Yankee contract). Don't release him, make him release himself. Heck, you could even make it public that you told him. Then, he's in "time out" until he acts like an adult and leaves the club.

    I know he wants the Yankee money but he might want the 116 home runs even more. And if he wants them, he needs to agree to a release and sign somewhere else. Sure, he'll make $1M a year somewhere that will give him the at bats until his body breaks down again, but make him make that call.

    Obviously, void the contract if you can. If you can't, let him twist and wither without ever stepping foot in a batter's box again. My guess is that he might go for the cheap contract in Seattle or Miami just to get his home runs.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,557
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I have an idea. Let's kidnap Arod, throw him in the trunk of a Mazda. Drive him to some basement. Hide him there until 2018 or whenever his contract ends. Train him to become a weatherman when he is living in the basement. He lives their until his contract ends, this way we don't pay him a dime since he's gone. The bonus is once he is released, he'll have been trained in the weather and will have a promising career as a weatherman, it's genius!!!
    Win.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,800
    vCash
    1500
    Here's the argument for voiding A-Rod's contract:

    The question now becomes whether the Yankee’s may have cause to void Rodriguez’s contract? Article 7 of the Major League Uniform Player’s Contract specifically states that:

    7.(b) The Club may terminate [a] contract upon written notice to the Player (but only after requesting and obtaining waivers of this contract from all other Major League Clubs) if the Player shall at any time: (1) fail, refuse or neglect to conform his personal conduct to the standards of good citizenship and good sportsmanship or to keep himself in first-class physical condition or to obey the Club’s training rules.

    Article 3 of the contract also specifically states that:

    3.(a) The Player agrees to perform his services hereunder diligently and faithfully, to keep himself in first-class physical condition and to obey the Club’s training rules, and pledges himself to the American public and to the Club to conform to high standards of personal conduct, fair play and good sportsmanship.

    It can easily be argued that the illegal usage of performance enhancing drugs may be construed as a failure to “keep himself in first-class physical condition” as well as a blatant violation to “conform to high standards of personal conduct”. Presuming that the Yankees can prove that Rodriguez misrepresented himself for not only failing to admit his usage of PEDs with the Rangers, but than subsequently lying that he never used them again with their organization, they may be able to at the very least shift the remainder of Rodriguez’s salary to a non-guaranteed deal.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbel...y-be-numbered/

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,557
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    He has collected over $325,000,000 during his career and you think he is really worried about one last payday?

    He should respect the Yankees and retire due to poor performance.....
    Lets dummy this down so it makes sense to a Mazda Salesman.

    Lets say the $325m is equal to your $32,500 salary.

    Lets say your boss contractually owes you $11,400 ( as opposed to Arods $114m).

    You just walking away from that?



    Be sure to tip your waitress.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Lets dummy this down so it makes sense to a Mazda Salesman.

    Lets say the $325m is equal to your $32,500 salary.

    Lets say your boss contractually owes you $11,400 ( as opposed to Arods $114m).

    You just walking away from that?



    Be sure to tip your waitress.
    Seriously, whether people hate A-Rod or not, to expect him to walk away from 114M is insane. I don't care how much money he's made in his career, its not really fair to say he should walk away because he owes the team. So dumb.

    Should be a wonderfully awkward 5 years BTW.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,239
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeepeet View Post
    There are two things that cannot be denied:
    1. The Yankees want to get rid of A-Rod and his contract
    2. A-Rod is narcissistic and would want to keep playing for the money.

    Solution: If the Yankees CAN'T void the contract, go to him and tell him, under no uncertainty, that he will never have another at bat for five years. Tell him he's a member of the Yankees, but will never play again. And the 116 home runs that he needs to beat Bonds will NEVER be hit, unless he plans to play after her's 43 (and done with the Yankee contract). Don't release him, make him release himself. Heck, you could even make it public that you told him. Then, he's in "time out" until he acts like an adult and leaves the club.

    I know he wants the Yankee money but he might want the 116 home runs even more. And if he wants them, he needs to agree to a release and sign somewhere else. Sure, he'll make $1M a year somewhere that will give him the at bats until his body breaks down again, but make him make that call.

    Obviously, void the contract if you can. If you can't, let him twist and wither without ever stepping foot in a batter's box again. My guess is that he might go for the cheap contract in Seattle or Miami just to get his home runs.
    I love this.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    I can't believe people actually think NY will have any success here. The rules on punishments for PEDs are pretty clearly out of the teams hands and in the commissioners via the CBA. So I doubt there's any loop hole that will allow them to void his contract. And let's be reasonable, no team is going to pay a guy who is still an above average hitter over 100 million dollars to simply walk away.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •