Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    It would elevate Cena from John Cena level to John Cena level. I don't see much of the point either.

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Let me ask you this, though. If Punk were to be planned for this Triple Threat match, wouldn't it be logical for him to win at EC? I don't know if I see him losing to the Rock back-to-back PPVs and then STILL getting a title match at 'Mania.

I'm somewhat surprised, well not surprised, but I guess interested in the fact that they didn't have Punk win at the Rumble and then lose at EC. With only three weeks between those two PPVs, and a boatload of weeks between EC and 'Mania, I don't think they really would have lost much momentum.

Although, maybe they needed a way to get Heyman off of Punk and back to Lesnar.
    I've thought about that. Obviously it would tie in better if Punk wins at EC. I don't think that will happen though. They can have a controversial ending, and have Punk think he was screwed out of the match, and then weasel his way into the match at mania. I don't think it would be too hard to accomplish. They seem to be playing up the Cena underdog card anyway, and they have brought up last year wasn't his year and then he mentioned he can't beat both of them. It makes perfect sense to have him in a match with two guys that he feels he can't beat. It just fuels the new Super Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    It would be so wasted on cena...He is already over and has really nothing left to prove. I would throw my 55 inch right out the window and then jump out after it if cena ever beats taker at mania.
    Let me ask you this. What if the way this starts is if it is because of a heel turn, and a heel Cena beats Taker. Would you still feel the same way?
    Last edited by Dmac; 01-30-2013 at 07:12 PM.

vCash
    Best choices with something left to prove that could be the cherry on to for them-Shaemus/Punk

Next tier with a lot to prove that could benefit them a ton- Ziggler/DB/Barrett

Outside Chances that could do wonders for them if it happens as soon as next year-Barrett/Cesaro

Other then that there is little point for anyone else to be brutally honest...People love shield but lets be honest they have 0 shot and I am not even sure they are forreal and will even stick around. Cena/Orton get nothing out of it and Jericho/Brock/Rock aren't around enough to be even taken seriously.

Rybeck will be interesting down the line if he can remain over which I doubt. I think people will get over him and he will return to mid card at best. On the mic he is brutal

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    In terms of beating taker at mania.

Best choices with something left to prove that could be the cherry on to for them-Shaemus/Punk

Next tier with a lot to prove that could benefit them a ton- Ziggler/DB/Barrett

Outside Chances that could do wonders for them if it happens as soon as next year-Barrett/Cesaro

Other then that there is little point for anyone else to be brutally honest...People love shield but lets be honest they have 0 shot and I am not even sure they are forreal and will even stick around. Cena/Orton get nothing out of it and Jericho/Brock/Rock aren't around enough to be even taken seriously.

Rybeck will be interesting down the line if he can remain over which I doubt. I think people will get over him and he will return to mid card at best. On the mic he is brutal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I've thought about that. Obviously it would tie in better if Punk wins at EC. I don't think that will happen though. They can have a controversial ending, and have Punk think he was screwed out of the match, and then weasel his way into the match at mania. I don't think it would be too hard to accomplish. They seem to be playing up the Cena underdog card anyway, and he they have brought up last year wasn't his year and then he mentioned he can't beat both of them. It makes perfect sense to have him in a match with two guys that he feels he can't beat. It just fuels the new Super Cena.

Let me ask you this. What if the way this starts is if it is because of a heel turn, and a heel Cena beats Taker. Would you still feel the same way?
    I was just going to say that's the only way it could work. The fans would riot if he beat Taker and remained a face.

vCash
    Or it's possible Taker will just hand pick his opponent, even if it's an HBK, and want to lose to him out of respect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I've thought about that. Obviously it would tie in better if Punk wins at EC. I don't think that will happen though. They can have a controversial ending, and have Punk think he was screwed out of the match, and then weasel his way into the match at mania. I don't think it would be too hard to accomplish. They seem to be playing up the Cena underdog card anyway, and they have brought up last year wasn't his year and then he mentioned he can't beat both of them. It makes perfect sense to have him in a match with two guys that he feels he can't beat. It just fuels the new Super Cena.

I thought about that and was going to post it as a good idea but again why waste that on cena when if he turns heel on anyone that alone will be shocking enough to be incredible to the point it would not be needed on taker and still it would do little for him....If you want to turn cena heel you do it at this mania against the rock in the way they turned Austin Heel.

You could turn cena Heel against anyone and he would get the same benefit as he would screwing over taker.... Also When taker loses I want it to be clean...For cena to go heel he would have to cheat and I do not want the streak ending that way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I was just going to say that's the only way it could work. The fans would riot if he beat Taker and remained a face.
    Cena already gets a ton of hate....You will literally get the same thing if you make him attack and screw cena because of how much hate he gets as a top face....So again what is the point of letting him beat taker to get his heel character over when it wont take much at all to make cena hated

vCash
    I don't see why heel Cena, or heel anyone, couldn't beat Taker clean.

vCash
    Or it's possible Taker will just hand pick his opponent, even if it's an HBK, and want to lose to him out of respect.
    Yea he will and I fear it will likely be cena.

vCash
    I don't see why heel Cena, or heel anyone, couldn't beat Taker clean.
    Because the point was turning cena heel in a way to beat taker is what I thought Dmac suggested...Letting a heel character beat taker clean would be fine...Turning cena heel with a win over taker would need him to cheat to get the desired effect of the heel turn would it not?

vCash
    I thought about that and was going to post it as a good idea but again why waste that on cena when if he turns heel on anyone that alone will be shocking enough to be incredible to the point it would not be needed on taker and still it would do little for him....If you want to turn cena heel you do it at this mania against the rock in the way they turned Austin Heel.

You could turn cena Heel against anyone and he would get the same benefit as he would screwing over taker.... Also When taker loses I want it to be clean...For cena to go heel he would have to cheat and I do not want the streak ending that way
    I don't think someone will cheat to end the streak, but I think Cena could be a heel and beat him cleanly. Either way, I think he is the one legit guy left that there would definitely be some doubt if Take would beat him.

Maybe the streak will never end, but I just think Taker would like to end it as a torch passing, and to finalize it. If the streak never ends, there will always be questions if he is coming back for one more match or not. I think once he decides he is done, he and WWE would like to have a resolution to it so they can move on from it.

vCash
    You're under the impression that the way Cena will turn heel is by doing a lot of cheating. Even if that were the case, it wouldn't matter. Cena would turn heel on the mic and his character, mostly.

Nothing puts over a wrestler stronger than a clean win. Heel or face. It could be the clean win that cements him as a heel.

vCash
    Because the point was turning cena heel in a way to beat taker is what I thought Dmac suggested...Letting a heel character beat taker clean would be fine...Turning cena heel with a win over taker would need him to cheat to get the desired effect of the heel turn would it not?
    No, I didn't mean beat him in a heel way. I meant have Cena be a heel. Then gloat about beating Taker the next night on Raw in a heel way. I don't see that happening though. I think at best we would get an edgy Cena. I don't think he ever turns full heel.

vCash
    I hope he wrestles, and no one should beat taker at WM.

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast