Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    wow if punk wrestles taker, and wins that would literally push him wayy over cena even if cena beats rock imo
    Taker will never lose at mania.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Not sure where the OP got this from but I saw the report from Lords of pain.com. If this reports is anything like the others they've made recently Taker will be there, ready to go.
    http://www.pwinsider.com/article/750...pdate.html?p=1

As we noted earlier this week in the PWInsider Elite section, the word making the rounds at WWE TV this week was that plans for Wrestlemania may need to be altered pending a decision on whether The Undertaker will wrestle on the show.
    Undertaker had given word he would be working the PPV several months back and there had been plans in place for a CM Punk storyline leading into the PPV.

The story making the rounds the last few days was that Undertaker's physical well being was being called into question and it was no longer fully confirmed he would be working the show.

This won't be the first time that WWE has been back and forth on whether Taker would work the biggest show of the year. In the past, he always came through and worked. We'll see soon enough whether he does or not. If he doesn't, there will need to be some plans tweaked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    As much as I love Punk there is no way, he's beating Taker at WM.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinhead View Post
    Taker will never lose at mania.
    ^ This I mean why go 20+ years and have him lose all of a sudden? If he was gonna lose he would of lost a longgggggggggggggggggggggg time ago.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    ^ This I mean why go 20+ years and have him lose all of a sudden? If he was gonna lose he would of lost a longgggggggggggggggggggggg time ago.
    There is no reason for him to retire with the streak. It means nothing once he is gone. I'm pretty convinced he will lose his last match. It will be a huge mania moment, like Hogan slamming Andre.

vCash
    We went thru this same thing last year. Taker will be at Mania. The more I think about it, I think it will be Taker/Brock and a triple threat for the title. Cena in his promo on Monday mentioned both Punk and Rock. He had no reason to bring up Punk at the time because Rock was champ and the EC title match wasn't even announced yet. I also don't see how Taker gets involved with Punk. He wouldn't cost him the title and him showing up just because of respect to face Punk doesn't really make sense.

Plus it makes more sense for Taker to face Brock than HHH. HHH/Brock didn't really go over well with the fans and HHH basically acted like he couldn't beat Brock. HHH and Taker ended their Mania match last year with respect. It would make the most sense for HHH to come back next week and then have Brock break his arm again leading to HHH to call Taker and bring him in to take out Brock. It just seems the roads lead more to Taker/Brock and Cena/Brock/Punk instead of Rock/Punk, HHH/Brock and Taker/Punk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    There is no reason for him to retire with the streak. It means nothing once he is gone. I'm pretty convinced he will lose his last match. It will be a huge mania moment, like Hogan slamming Andre.
    I hope...It could do wonders for someones career.I am the biggest taker fan boy there is but even I hope he loses his final match and pushes someones else

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    It would have to be the right person at the right time. Not sure if that exists right now. Cena back in 06 would have been the right person at right time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hope...It could do wonders for someones career.I am the biggest taker fan boy there is but even I hope he loses his final match and pushes someones else
    He would want to do it. Taker is one of the last old school guys left that believe in giving back and doing the job and passing the torch on the way out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromedome View Post
    They need to stop with the HHH vs Brock already.
    They need to stop with the same matches every ****ing year in general.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    It would have to be the right person at the right time. Not sure if that exists right now. Cena back in 06 would have been the right person at right time.
    I know I know I am just a fan lol...Orton the first time they fought or early legend killer days would be the perfect scenario right now.

vCash
    It could still be Cena. When Andre let Hogan slam him did Hogan really need it? He was already at his peak, was in his late 30's and was champ for a few years. Still, it is one of the best mania moments ever and people say that was a torch passing from Andre to Hogan.

It could be a similar scenario for Cena/Taker. Most of the adult audience doesn't respect Cena and doesn't like him. Maybe they use this as a way to get him the respect from that crowd and push him into that legend status they want him to be. It could worked if they booked it right.

vCash
    We went thru this same thing last year. Taker will be at Mania. The more I think about it, I think it will be Taker/Brock and a triple threat for the title. Cena in his promo on Monday mentioned both Punk and Rock. He had no reason to bring up Punk at the time because Rock was champ and the EC title match wasn't even announced yet. I also don't see how Taker gets involved with Punk. He wouldn't cost him the title and him showing up just because of respect to face Punk doesn't really make sense.
    Let me ask you this, though. If Punk were to be planned for this Triple Threat match, wouldn't it be logical for him to win at EC? I don't know if I see him losing to the Rock back-to-back PPVs and then STILL getting a title match at 'Mania.

I'm somewhat surprised, well not surprised, but I guess interested in the fact that they didn't have Punk win at the Rumble and then lose at EC. With only three weeks between those two PPVs, and a boatload of weeks between EC and 'Mania, I don't think they really would have lost much momentum.

Although, maybe they needed a way to get Heyman off of Punk and back to Lesnar.
    Last edited by Driven; 01-30-2013 at 08:02 PM.

vCash
    The only other name that I've ever considered was Edge when he was still undefeated at 'Mania. Then they put him in that MITB match at Wrestlemania 23, and that ended that. Of course he'd go on the next year to face 'Taker...

Dmac strongly thinks Taker will lose at 'Mania at some point. I strongly think otherwise. I'm not sure if there is much to go on other than how we would like to book it.

vCash
    It could still be Cena. When Andre let Hogan slam him did Hogan really need it? He was already at his peak, was in his late 30's and was champ for a few years. Still, it is one of the best mania moments ever and people say that was a torch passing from Andre to Hogan.

It could be a similar scenario for Cena/Taker. Most of the adult audience doesn't respect Cena and doesn't like him. Maybe they use this as a way to get him the respect from that crowd and push him into that legend status they want him to be. It could worked if they booked it right.
    It would be so wasted on cena...He is already over and has really nothing left to prove. I would throw my 55 inch right out the window and then jump out after it if cena ever beats taker at mania.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast