Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Team*Chicago View Post
    No, its not a blessing at all because it caused us a championship and cryami won our championship.
    Screw this injury for how is caused the Bulls

vCash
    For sure it has been blessing because of what we are doing without Rose. I hope this will allow Rose to not put a lot of pressure on himself and ease back into the game. Maybe we'll see a better shot selection from Rose as well. Who knows!

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Besides the guys learning to play and win without Rose. I think this will actually be beneficial for Rose in the long run. He will likely change his game so that he doesn't make himself as susceptible to injury. He also helped accomplish that by being in the best shape of his life right now; he is ****ing jacked which provides dynamic stabilization. Hopefully Rose realizes that he doesn't need to carry the team every night which also helps with his longevity. Rose will be at least as athletic as he was before the injury, maybe even more because of how strong he is now. He's certainly been doing a ton of functional exercises which better translate to the game too.

vCash
    The injury was a blessing for the Heat last year, not us. We may have won it all.

vCash
    It could be looked at both ways... Our team came together pretty damn quickly while D. Rose was out during the regular season last year and then D. Rose returned for the playoffs and we all remember game 1 before the ACL injury... We blew the 76ers out of the water. I'm gonna have to go back and watch that game though and see how we played because I don't remember how D. Rose played with the team. I kind of recall him playing within the team though and letting the game come to him, I don't remember our offense sitting still that game though.

On the other hand, yes the rest of our team has came together and other players have continued to step up, tuning what they started last year without D. Rose while adding a new group to the picture.

I'm going to have to say that the ACL injury wasn't a blessing a disguise but the ongoing injuries from the reg season last year was.

vCash
    Not a blessing. The Bulls' FO is just awesome at assembling a roster full of coaches and players that make the best out of what's given to them.

vCash
    Blessing. GTFO. Not at all. Knee injuries are the worst for basketball players. We'll be lucky if Rose is productive until he's 30. With that being said, if you want to call it a blessing, say that if he comes back twice the player he was. That's what Asik did, he tore both of his knees I believe, then trained and got stronger, now look at him. The only way it is a blessing is if Rose comes back better, stronger, faster, and with a better shot. I could care less about what it does for the rest of the team because we are only winning a championship if Rose plays great. We are in contract with him for a while. He is our guy. No blessing till hes 30 games into his season and we know what we got.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yoseppii12 View Post
    Blessing. GTFO. Not at all. Knee injuries are the worst for basketball players. We'll be lucky if Rose is productive until he's 30. With that being said, if you want to call it a blessing, say that if he comes back twice the player he was. That's what Asik did, he tore both of his knees I believe, then trained and got stronger, now look at him. The only way it is a blessing is if Rose comes back better, stronger, faster, and with a better shot. I could care less about what it does for the rest of the team because we are only winning a championship if Rose plays great. We are in contract with him for a while. He is our guy. No blessing till hes 30 games into his season and we know what we got.
    And the only way we win a championship if the rest of our team is involved... This isn't a one man show, you know that

vCash
    I think the only justification Rose's injury may have been a blessing is because it forced Gar/Pax to evaluate very long term plans (something NBA GM's loathe) with Rose and the growth of the team as a regular contender. There was an entire off-season of cost/talent re-alignment predicated on the extent of Rose's injury and the real benefit of those moves have been both immediate and impacting.

Other than that, nothing good came of it.

vCash
    Deng's injury was a blessing in disguise.

vCash
    I say 50/50.

I think Rose will also realize that he has good enough help on this team now and also, Noah, Boozer, Butler, Belli, Nate all have been good/great and this will only help in the playoffs.

I just hope and pray that they play with swagger in the playoffs and everyone comes to play - especially vs Heat.

vCash
    I think Rose definitely realized he had plenty of help last year (and believed more in himself after his MVP year), he just never got the opportunity to show us that. But I agree, him seeing his team succeed does nothing but help his trust in the system Thibs has assembled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12