Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Tall order, but if we can get a number 1 center AND goalie, we will be in decent shape. But I agree, we need both. The centreman may be able to play next season (depending if his name is MacKinnon or not named MacKinnon), but we need a goalie to train for the next 3 or 4 years before we can get him into NHL game shape.

vCash
    If we can stock pile picks (and finish in top 5 or so) it'd be nice to get someone like Monahan and grab Domi around 15th.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I've watched Domi a lot over the past 2 seasons and I'm not sure he would be ranked as high as he is if he had a different last name. Don't get me wrong, the kid has some major talent but he isn't a complete player yet at the OHL level. He plays a perimeter game and doesn't like the physical play or the corners at all. There is a reason he is playing in London and not Kingston. Tie wanted Max to be surrounded by high end talent so he could succeeed.

vCash
    I think Domi's last name would hurt him. Max is actually a skilled player lol

But yes, I do think your right from what I've read and seen (which isn't a lot.) I get in tune with the CHL draft eligible guys about a month from now usually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysnow14 View Post
    Tall order, but if we can get a number 1 center AND goalie, we will be in decent shape. But I agree, we need both. The centreman may be able to play next season (depending if his name is MacKinnon or not named MacKinnon), but we need a goalie to train for the next 3 or 4 years before we can get him into NHL game shape.
    I don't picture MacKinnon playing in the NHL next year. Obviously there's a lot of time between now and then but I just don't see it. I also plan on having season tickets to the Mooseheads also, so i'm also hoping he stays put also!

vCash
    I see the kid playing. He's strong enough, explosive enough and skates well enough. Skills not a question all he needs is just to get aquainted. Ditto for Seth Jones. I think they're the only two that stick for sure. There's always a few that stick you never figured would tho.

vCash
    Jones and Mckinnon would be amazing, but that's stating the obvious. More picks are needed though. This team needs a top-end goalie prospect more than anyone in the league. We have the pieces to move to get more picks, it would be foolish to hold onto a guy like MacArthur IMO.

vCash
    Perfect scenerio.. We trade a guy like Mac to a team on the playoff bubble. They trade for Mac for a 1st but don't put a condition on the pick based on a playoff appearance. Then if the team falls out we end up with fairly nice pick. Very nice pick if you're us actually. Nonis needs to do some work this draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Jones and Mckinnon would be amazing, but that's stating the obvious. More picks are needed though. This team needs a top-end goalie prospect more than anyone in the league. We have the pieces to move to get more picks, it would be foolish to hold onto a guy like MacArthur IMO.
    Another Moosehead would be nice too, Zach Fucale. Don't let the save percentage fool you, he faces like what? maybe 20 shots and game? If we can somehow pick up another mid-late 1st, I wouldn't mind seeing him. Only thing is, I don't know if it was Burke or what, but we haven't really seemed to be into QMJ players.

Barkov would be nice though if we miss out on MacKinnon, Drouin and Jones. Big, skilled centre.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Perfect scenerio.. We trade a guy like Mac to a team on the playoff bubble. They trade for Mac for a 1st but don't put a condition on the pick based on a playoff appearance. Then if the team falls out we end up with fairly nice pick. Very nice pick if you're us actually. Nonis needs to do some work this draft.
    Is MacArthur worth a first? Tough call. A team using him as a rental player may not give up a first.
    Now that's not taking away anything from MaCarthur, but at the same time it's hard to say if a team looking for players in order to make a playoff push would give a first for him. I would hope so.

Then you have to look at what else Toronto could do as far as trades. If Nonis is all in on making the team younger by the draft, he will look to get as much in return for the players they have now.

Mac should go. Kulemin may go, although I like him. Maybe Liles.
    Really don't know. Have to wait and see where they are near.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    The teams haven't fallen into place quite yet.
    I mean look at Montreal, they're 4-1. Ottawa is playing lethal right now.

And then you have teams like NY and Philly who have yet to pick it up. Tampa Bay is 4-1 and Carolina looks brutal right now.

So who knows who the bottom 5 teams will be. If we are one of them, which it's tough to say if we will be at this point, then I would absolutely love Drouin, MacKinnon or Lindholm.
    Barkov I am unsure of.

Jones obviously has talent but if we do happen to make it to the 1 or 2 spot I don't think they take him.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Also one thing to note that I just found out, Columbus gets LA's 1st rounder this year's draft because of the Carter deal. Right now LA is struggling and are high, that's to hoping they get better and the pick becomes lower.

They also get a first from NY for the Nash trade... and that too right now is high. It all has to settle but just saying Columbus gets to pick 3 times in the first round.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Also one thing to note that I just found out, Columbus gets LA's 1st rounder this year's draft because of the Carter deal. Right now LA is struggling and are high, that's to hoping they get better and the pick becomes lower.

They also get a first from NY for the Nash trade... and that too right now is high. It all has to settle but just saying Columbus gets to pick 3 times in the first round.
    Fair enough but they also have likely the worst roster in the league

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Fair enough but they also have likely the worst roster in the league
    Yeah but if they end up in the top two, you can bet they won't take Jones because they took Murray last year.
    They would look at MacKinnon for sure.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    I honestly think there's only a hand full of teams that would take Jones number 1 over MacKinnon. Edmonton being one. I think the Islanders would too because they have JT locked up. Montreal would probably prefer Jones too but it's hard to say.

Outside of those 3, I think everyone else would take MacKinnon. But then again, Leafs surprised a lot of us with a Morgan Reilly pick at number 5 when we were certain we needed Grigorenko or Forsberg.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast