Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    JSmith, Gortat, Big Al or Milsap, ......whoever somebody is willing to give up for a pupu platter centered around PPat and MMo..... I'll toss in 1 of the following: Dmo/TJones/Delfino/GSmith/Beverly and whatever throwaways they want (Aldrich/TD/Anderson/Royce - PLEASE).... maybe toss in a NY 2nd rd pk.....

Why? Because I think it's gonna be a soft market for FAs (with the new luxury tax)... I think you'll see a lot of existing contracts get shuffled, but not a lot of new high dollar ones being signed. So I'd like to test drive any of the above in our system and be the team standing there saying "Sorry you didn't get the max deal you were looking for - but we'd love to have you back at 4/$45M....

If we're giving up Parsons/Lin/Asik.... we better at least be talking Cousins, Love or Bosh....

vCash
    josh smith does not bring a post presence. another 3 point shooting 4. worse at it than what we have now. other than to run the floor and alley oop dunk every once in a while i dont see much value. his defense is a little overrated IMO. nice player, but he's on record saying he believes he's a max level player. i dont know about that.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    Absolutley no need to trade for him. If we can't get him in Free Agency there is no point in trying to get him. We're not winning the title this year barring a miracle and there's no need to trade any young talent for this type of risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyes6 View Post
    Absolutley no need to trade for him. If we can't get him in Free Agency there is no point in trying to get him. We're not winning the title this year barring a miracle and there's no need to trade any young talent for this type of risk.
    This. It makes no sense in adding Smith, Jefferson or Millsap right now. It would only makes us worst for next year when we could get them for free. We should just stay pat and try to steal some good talent guys for nothing, the same thing Morey has done for years now.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I have to be honest. I really cannot figure out this forum's obsession with Millsap. Yes he's better than Patterson but, I don't see him getting us higher than a 7 seed without other big upgrades. I'm not saying Josh Smith is the answer either but since everyone ***** on him all day, I don't think I need to say anything there

vCash
    Dont trade Mook.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    I have to be honest. I really cannot figure out this forum's obsession with Millsap. Yes he's better than Patterson but, I don't see him getting us higher than a 7 seed without other big upgrades. I'm not saying Josh Smith is the answer either but since everyone ***** on him all day, I don't think I need to say anything there
    I agree. I don't see how Millsap could make us contender. I think we wouldn't be even close. I'd rather see Jefferson here than Millsap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    I agree. I don't see how Millsap could make us contender. I think we wouldn't be even close. I'd rather see Jefferson here than Millsap.
    It's all about asset consolidation.... Morey is always dumping contracts left and right jus to try to get a roster spot that he can use to get somebody on a cheap long term contract - and hope they outplay it - and work a buy low sell high point of differential. (Landry, AB, et...)

Could you trade PPat/MMo/TD/Delfino/Aldrich/GSmith/TJones and a NY 2nd rd pick for Kevin Love (or insert other upper level pf)?
    prob not...

Could u trade PPat/MMo/NY 2nd for Milsap?
    maybe...

Could u trade TJones/Aldrich for a mid 1st?
    Maybe...

Could u get a 2nd rd pick for GSmith or TD?
    maybe...

Could you get Kevin Love (or other upper level pf) for Milsap/Delfino/1st rd pick/2nd rd pick or two....
    that might fly....

...and then Morey can fill out the roster with the next crop of buy low sell high possibilities....

vCash
    Having watched Millsap a couple of times this year and followed his numbers, I'm beginning to doubt him as an answer on this team. They should hold out for the right guy.

vCash
    I really wish we could somehow get LA. Idk how well he'd fit, I just love the guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    I really wish we could somehow get LA. Idk how well he'd fit, I just love the guy
    Kevin Love, Lamarcus Aldridge, and to a lesser extent Ryan Anderson are all good options. Of course they are all young players on young teams signed to multi-year contracts.

Love may be more available simply because he has a spat with management and trading Love would make room for Derrick Williams to be "the man" on the team. I honestly expect Love to be dealt before the beginning of the 2014 season... of course the Wolves will probably want a great many quality pieces in return, and will they a really want to sent a player of Love's caliber to a team in the west.

vCash
    Why do I get the feeling that Kevin Love will wind up a Laker?

vCash
    If Memphis is going to trade Randolph. I think the Rockets should run for that deal. everyone is available except parson harden asik. Note: i did not say say lin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by camile82 View Post
    If Memphis is going to trade Randolph. I think the Rockets should run for that deal. everyone is available except parson harden asik. Note: i did not say say lin.
    It makes no sense for Memphis to trade him after they traded Gay. But the first trade they made also didn't make much sense since the reason of the trade seemed to be so they could keep Gay, and they ended up trading him a week later. So what I know. But it would take a lot more to get him. Parsons would have to be involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    It makes no sense for Memphis to trade him after they traded Gay. But the first trade they made also didn't make much sense since the reason of the trade seemed to be so they could keep Gay, and they ended up trading him a week later. So what I know. But it would take a lot more to get him. Parsons would have to be involved.
    Chad Ford tweeted this morning that ZBO is unhappy with memphis and they still might trade him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast