Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game Thread: St. Louis Blues (6-1-0, 12 Points) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-2-1, 7 points)

St. Louis Blues (6-1-0) at Detroit Red Wings(3-2-1)
    @
    When: Friday, February 1st, 2013
    Time: 7:30PM
    Where: Joe Louis Arena
    Channel: NHL Network

Leading Scorers

Goals: Vladimir Tarasenko-5
    Assists: Kevin Shattenkirk-8

Goals: Damien Brunner-3
    Assists: Pavel Datsyuk-6

More Stats

Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 02-01-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Brunner is on a goal every other game pace. I think it's safe to say he was a great signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Brunner is on a goal every other game pace. I think it's safe to say he was a great signing.
    So far so good.
    Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond

vCash
    The Wings have a 2 day rest and get the Blues after a B2B with the Jackets. They need to take advantage of hopefully a tired team and get some payback for that shellacking they took in the season opener.

Hope Bert isn't injured too badly. That stick to the eye looked nasty. Some of the lines are just starting to gel and we don't need more injuries.
    Last edited by Wingman; 01-30-2013 at 08:54 AM.

vCash
    Fun fact: The wings have alternated win and loss for every game this year.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash

Talking

Can't we give Bunner a contract extension yet? Dude is a puck magnet! If he can develop his 2 way game, we would have a player to take over when Pavs and Z retire.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 01-30-2013 at 12:30 PM.

vCash
    The Blues being 5-1 is unacceptable. Let's get a streak going here.

No doubt about that.

vCash
    It's actually pretty crazy to think that we're above .500 (in points at least), and we lost our best defenseman couple with a ton of injuries. Once we get Helm back and the D improves (please god haha) we actually might be a really good team.
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    It's actually pretty crazy to think that we're above .500 (in points at least), and we lost our best defenseman couple with a ton of injuries. Once we get Helm back and the D improves (please god haha) we actually might be a really good team.
    I gotta say I was worried after 2 games, but once the PP clicks for good and we can average a PP goal a game, and the entire intended line up is rolling, we are indeed a contender. The Pav and Z split up was a step in the right direction and always has been. STL will be tired Friday and The Wings can really use that advantage. Howie's stats don't reflect this, but aside from game 1, he's been awesome.

vCash
    Howard currently has a 0.907 save percentage. Take away the Blues game and he has a 0.924 save percentage. Last season his average was 0.920, the year before a 0.908, career stats a 0.917, and last night a 0.962 which is pretty darn good. Howard has made some awesome saves so far and has kept the Wings in the games. Gustavsson needs to get well so Howard can get some relief. I really don't want to see McCollum in the net.

vCash
    Tootoo fired the crowd up last night against the Stars. I'm not wondering if he is going to drop the gloves in the Blues games, I'm wondering who he is going to drop the gloves with. If Tootoo was Bert or Franzen's size, he would just be scary. He seems to have that Ty Domi mentality. I think Domi was about the same size as Tootoo and would fight anyone.

The following is a short article talking about Tootoo.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....l#incart_river

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Howard currently has a 0.907 save percentage. Take away the Blues game and he has a 0.924 save percentage. Last season his average was 0.920, the year before a 0.908, career stats a 0.917, and last night a 0.962 which is pretty darn good. Howard has made some awesome saves so far and has kept the Wings in the games. Gustavsson needs to get well so Howard can get some relief. I really don't want to see McCollum in the net.
    you cant take a game away to pad his stats though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    you cant take a game away to pad his stats though.
    I'm not trying to pad his stats, just emphazing your statement with stats. Howard was on an island the 1st game and got little or no help, so you remove that game and you can see he is playing to his usual form.
    The Blues' game skewed his stats.
    Last edited by Wingman; 01-30-2013 at 08:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I'm not trying to pad his stats, just emphazing your statement with stats. Howard was on an island the 1st game and got little or no help, so you remove that game and you can see he is playing to his usual form.
    The Blues' game skewed his stats.
    Howard is one of the most underrated goalies in the league for sure. Put him on a defense like Boston's and he's recognized as a top 5 goalie by almost everyone

vCash
    Hoping the Wild can deal CHI their first loss.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast