vCash
    Offsensive schemes: Phil >

Defensive schemes: Riley >

In game situation: Pop >

Developing young talent: Pop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Managing egos: Phil >

Adjusting to aging rosters: Pop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Calling plays out of a time out in crucial situations: Pop >>>>>>>>>>>>
    Last edited by Longhornfan1234; 01-29-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    imo pop did the most with the talent he was given

vCash
    What makes Riley so special in my mind is how he was able to succeed with such different rosters. In LA with the showtime Lakers she built a team that ran up and down the court and scored more points than anyone. Then he goes to New York and builds a team that does the exact opposite, they played great defense and bullied people. Not to say Phil and Pop couldn't have done the same thing, but I've always respected him for that. He doesn't have a scheme and then force players into it, he builds a system around his players. He's like the anti D'antoni in that regard.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    What makes Riley so special in my mind is how he was able to succeed with such different rosters. In LA with the showtime Lakers she built a team that ran up and down the court and scored more points than anyone. Then he goes to New York and builds a team that does the exact opposite, they played great defense and bullied people. Not to say Phil and Pop couldn't have done the same thing, but I've always respected him for that. He doesn't have a scheme and then force players into it, he builds a system around his players. He's like the anti D'antoni in that regard.
    True but with Pop being the longest running coach of one team, in all of pro sports, there's something to be said about an organizations confidence in your abilty to adjust to change in your roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    imo pop did the most with the talent he was given
    Talking about arguably the greatest pf of all time? or the argentin that won a gold medal in 04?

with all of them I would like to see them win with the bobcats roster.
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Offsensive schemes: Phil >

Defensive schemes: Riley >

In game situation: Pop >

Developing young talent: Pop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Managing egos: Phil >

Adjusting to aging rosters: Pop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Calling plays out of a time out in crucial situations: Pop >>>>>>>>>>>>
    Well you're not biased LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JiffyMix88 View Post
    Talking about arguably the greatest pf of all time? or the argentin that won a gold medal in 04?

For coaches who can develop young tallent, the current Bobcats roster wouldn't be that bad long term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JiffyMix88 View Post

Oh you mean the Argentine that was the last pick in the draft? Or the 18 year old PG from France who couldn't make any shot outside of a wide open lay up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    Oh you mean the Argentine that was the last pick in the draft? Or the 18 year old PG from France who couldn't make any shot outside of a wide open lay up?
    +1

not to mention everyone except like Richard Jefferson becomes a smarter more succesfull player under Popavich. Think of all the recent success even: Jackson, Blair, Lenoard, Green, NEAL, old *** Parker, Duncan.. All guys who were to amount to half of the success they've had.
    They say Phil is so good at managing egos but im sure Kobe/Shaq would have respected and done just as well under Popavich. You can't tell me Popavich isn't as good at managing egos..Shaq and Kobe weren't the best of friends. Did he really manage the whole Payton, Malone, Kobe, Shaq team well (I could be wrong if he wasnt coaching that year I forget).

Pop is definitely smarter imo, he's just less of an ******* than Jackson which isn't an asset imo when it comes to basketball.

being an A-hole is a must.
    Last edited by ThuglifeJ; 01-30-2013 at 03:47 PM.

vCash
    how is Phil's offensive schemes better than Popavich's. The triangle was great and worked but the reason why it worked so well was cuz Shaq was a dominant beast. Put Shaq under Popavich you get just as many rings.. The Spurs offensive schemes scare the crap outa me and they don't even have that much talent. Some plays I see drawn up are so flawless it's literally got nothing to do with players being good. Duncan is so slow and worthless on any other roster imo. I can't think of any names off the top of my head of players who left San Antonio and did better.

vCash
    Phil Jackson

every other coach

vCash
    pop had duncan

phil had kobe, jordan and shaq

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    how is Phil's offensive schemes better than Popavich's. The triangle was great and worked but the reason why it worked so well was cuz Shaq was a dominant beast. Put Shaq under Popavich you get just as many rings.. The Spurs offensive schemes scare the crap outa me and they don't even have that much talent. Some plays I see drawn up are so flawless it's literally got nothing to do with players being good. Duncan is so slow and worthless on any other roster imo. I can't think of any names off the top of my head of players who left San Antonio and did better.
    The plays he's able to draw up out of timeouts are so impressive most of the times, I definitely agree with you. And sometimes doing it for young guys like Neal & Green which catches the defense totally off balance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=bmTqeVdwP44#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90s0HgvjHV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp0TT58gda4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fJr_nR1dkk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG0gkXFsk6c

BTW, Duncan is not slow and worthless on any other roster Pop manages his minutes so well, but the guy knows how to play the game of basketball pretty well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast