Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    21,112
    vCash
    1500
    For all of those saying that we don't have a good offense: ever think maybe that's because our best scorer hasn't played all season? I mean nobody can consistently create their own shot on this team so they're obviously going to struggle at times, thus you see the dip in ORtg.

    There's a reason some have hope of an offensive turn around because when Rose comes back, you get the guy that can hit the tough shots when plays break down, the guy that can run in transition and get easy baskets, the guy that can split apart a defense and break it down, and the guy that can hit the shot at the end of the shot clock. It's that simple. A guy like that improves the efficiency of the offense because he hits the difficult shots your team would otherwise miss and he gets those easy shots.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    14,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    I meant their defense. Everything I've seen says their defense isn't at the same level it once was. Just by the eye test you can see that.

    Oh I agree whole heartedly dude. There’ve been stretches where they’ve played elite defense, but it’s been pretty spotty this year.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    21,112
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Oh I agree whole heartedly dude. There’ve been stretches where they’ve played elite defense, but it’s been pretty spotty this year.
    Their defense was crazy last year. The disruption of the passing lanes was a complete ***** for a lot of teams.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,297
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Only reason I can give you is that you never know how to win a championship until you do it. Miami knows what it needs to do to have a great chance to accomplishing what they want to accomplish and that doesn’t get tested during the regular season. They have nothing to prove now. That doesn’t excuse all of our losses this year and it doesn’t mask the fact they Miami does have weaknesses, but they do have the personnel to overcome them and move forward.
    true. but it can also be said that the winning the title is one of the biggest DE-motivators in the following season. one example would be the 2007 heat, but there are more...

    I'm still not sold on lebron's mentality. yes, he 'figured it out' last year, but the greatest teams of all time never 'coasted' or got 'bored' during the regular season and had repeat success...
    [IMG]/IMG]

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    7,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    For all of those saying that we don't have a good offense: ever think maybe that's because our best scorer hasn't played all season? I mean nobody can consistently create their own shot on this team so they're obviously going to struggle at times, thus you see the dip in ORtg.

    There's a reason some have hope of an offensive turn around because when Rose comes back, you get the guy that can hit the tough shots when plays break down, the guy that can run in transition and get easy baskets, the guy that can split apart a defense and break it down, and the guy that can hit the shot at the end of the shot clock. It's that simple. A guy like that improves the efficiency of the offense because he hits the difficult shots your team would otherwise miss and he gets those easy shots.
    this.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,901
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    For all of those saying that we don't have a good offense: ever think maybe that's because our best scorer hasn't played all season? I mean nobody can consistently create their own shot on this team so they're obviously going to struggle at times, thus you see the dip in ORtg.

    There's a reason some have hope of an offensive turn around because when Rose comes back, you get the guy that can hit the tough shots when plays break down, the guy that can run in transition and get easy baskets, the guy that can split apart a defense and break it down, and the guy that can hit the shot at the end of the shot clock. It's that simple. A guy like that improves the efficiency of the offense because he hits the difficult shots your team would otherwise miss and he gets those easy shots.
    Or do we revert to everyone stand around and look at d rose?

    You make a good point but we also know our guys have a tendency to just look at rose and let him do everything.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    6 minutes away from United Center
    Posts
    37,919
    vCash
    3109
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Or do we revert to everyone stand around and look at d rose?

    You make a good point but we also know our guys have a tendency to just look at rose and let him do everything.
    That's not gonna happen anymore unless it's an ISO play called by Thibs. You always hear Thibs screaming, CUTTER, and ATTACK, now.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,901
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    That's not gonna happen anymore unless it's an ISO play called by Thibs. You always hear Thibs screaming, CUTTER, and ATTACK, now.
    That's an assumption as opposed to what we have witnessed when rose does play.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,862
    vCash
    54192
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    That's an assumption as opposed to what we have witnessed when rose does play.
    which is an equal assumption considering there are new players on the team. It's a 2-way street.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,901
    vCash
    1500
    Boozer, rip, Noah, Deng, taj, and to a point kirk sent new players. Jimmy isn't new either but I will put him in the new category considering his minutes.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    6 minutes away from United Center
    Posts
    37,919
    vCash
    3109
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    That's an assumption as opposed to what we have witnessed when rose does play.
    How do we know what happens in the teams practices? For all we know KH could be guarding Rose as we speak in NYC somewhere.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    7,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    That's an assumption as opposed to what we have witnessed when rose does play.
    You're assuming yourself if you haven't noticed.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,862
    vCash
    54192
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Boozer, rip, Noah, Deng, taj, and to a point kirk sent new players. Jimmy isn't new either but I will put him in the new category considering his minutes.
    Okay.... and Robinson, Teague, Belinelli, Butler, Nazr are all new players. Kirk's new to this entire team outside of Rose/Deng/Noah when all three of those guys weren't as good as they are today (well Rose as good as he was the past two years). So the team is just as "new" as it is "old" in terms of personnel.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,901
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    How do we know what happens in the teams practices? For all we know KH could be guarding Rose as we speak in NYC somewhere.
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    You're assuming yourself if you haven't noticed.

    Yup but off of what I saw when Derrick last played.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Okay.... and Robinson, Teague, Belinelli, Butler, Nazr are all new players. Kirk's new to this entire team outside of Rose/Deng/Noah when all three of those guys weren't as good as they are today (well Rose as good as he was the past two years). So the team is just as "new" as it is "old" in terms of personnel.
    Teague, Robinson, nazr won't see much time so that means butler, kirk, and jimmy would be the new personnel. Now kirk has played with rose before so I don't see much changing.

    Butler is interesting because he stays active and belinelli will hopefully actually shoot the 3.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,809
    vCash
    1500
    We had many many games the last few years our offense struggled WITH Rose. We have not been a great offensive team these last few years. Our ball movement has been pretty good this year, our shooting at times hasn't. I would like to see Rose become more of a facilitator and less of an off the dribble player when he comes back. If his offensive game is still trying to dribble drive into the defense frequently that likely will not beat Miami. Lebron and others are bigger and seem to keep Rose from getting to the rim. If Rose dribbles and dishes then fine. But rose going by himself against the defense should be more limited to when the shot clock is running down and he has no choice. Also, his risk for injury is less if his kamakazee drives to the hoop are less. My hope is Rose evolves his game a bit and fits more into our passing game. I am excited to see those improvements in his game more than seeing his dribble drives.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •