Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 66
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,560
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    The Bulls are 21st in the league in ORtg, a much more telling stat because it factors in our 26th rank in terms of Pace.



    Lol at that article. Let's gloss over all of the Heat's issues this year, pony it up to players shooting well in certain locations, and just give them the Eastern Conference shall we? You can say the same thing about the Bulls: have their queen of a defense, their rook of a rebounding, their knight of their coaching, their bishop of their bench-depth, and their pawn-soon-to-be Queen of a returning Derrick Rose.


    See how stupid that sounds?
    chill bro

    The Heat are in first, are the defending champs, and are better than they were when they knocked out the Bulls. I dont know why you are taking the guy's analogy so serious, all he's saying is the Heat have a team that is better suited for the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,991
    vCash
    1500
    This team healthy is scarier then last year. Only piece we are missing is obviously a back up C.

    Boozer is havin one of his best years in Chicago, Noah is a first time all star, and the players we added are a lot better then our older bench outside of Asik.

    Having jimmy playing the way he has is going to be an amazing asset in the playoffs.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,990
    vCash
    1500
    I just checked the series vs Heat in 2010-11 ECF and man our players simply sucked.

    Noah was pretty PATHETIC all series long. He is a night and day better now.
    Boozer had a couple of nice games but pretty bad in other. Hope he plays better this year.

    Bogans/Korver/Watson - Were even worse than Noah and I thought Noah played Pathetic. Now you do the math.

    Asik, basically didn't play other than 2 games and he wasn't all that in that series for the 2 games he played.

    Man, when I watch that series and stats, we have a NIGHT and Day better team this year than that year. I am sure Heat also have a better team too.

    So all will depend on how Rose plays after he is back and how healthy he is as well as how soon he gets back to his normal self. Rose was in a super slump as well. He did have a quite a few open shots but just was missing them. He was probably overwhelmed with not much help from anyone on the roster - other than Deng.

  4. 01-31-2013, 12:36 AM
    Reason
    I know it's probably harmless, but this is just going to cause problems

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,685
    vCash
    1500
    omg... no one bite please

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    55,062
    vCash
    1500
    Seems like one of the main gripes is scoring...but did anyone realistically expect this team to be high scoring without Derrick Rose?

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    The Bulls are 21st in the league in ORtg, a much more telling stat because it factors in our 26th rank in terms of Pace.



    Lol at that article. Let's gloss over all of the Heat's issues this year, pony it up to players shooting well in certain locations, and just give them the Eastern Conference shall we? You can say the same thing about the Bulls: have their queen of a defense, their rook of a rebounding, their knight of their coaching, their bishop of their bench-depth, and their pawn-soon-to-be Queen of a returning Derrick Rose.


    See how stupid that sounds?
    But is that Ortg seen on the court and does it show up on the NBA's teams statistics?

    BULLS ZORD

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    6 minutes away from United Center
    Posts
    39,128
    vCash
    4409
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Seems like one of the main gripes is scoring...but did anyone realistically expect this team to be high scoring without Derrick Rose?
    Only if they fed Boozer 20+ shots which they don't.



  9. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    67,738
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Team*Chicago View Post
    But is that Ortg seen on the court
    Yes


    and does it show up on the NBA's teams statistics?
    Why would that matter at all?

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    21,825
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    chill bro

    The Heat are in first, are the defending champs, and are better than they were when they knocked out the Bulls. I dont know why you are taking the guy's analogy so serious, all he's saying is the Heat have a team that is better suited for the playoffs.
    Sorry, they aren't better.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,904
    vCash
    1500
    The playoffs are a whole different animal. Lebron and crew will dominate. They just taking it easy right now because their bored. Bulls will be lucky to take 2 games if even they make it to the ECF.

  12. #41
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    7,452
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    The playoffs are a whole different animal. Lebron and crew will dominate. They just taking it easy right now because their bored. Bulls will be lucky to take 2 games if even they make it to the ECF.
    give me a reason why you think they're taking it easy now? is it cuz they lost games cuz that's the same logic the 'experts' on tv use which doesn't make sense. You're not involved with the team nor the nba for that matter, so what makes you think they're taking it easy?

  13. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    14,118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    Sorry, they aren't better.

    They are better than they were 2 years ago and even last year. As a fan I hate to accept it, but Miami really is a team that’s better built for the postseason because of the shortened rotations and the overall versatility of the roster. Mike Miller is a guy that has hardly sniffed the floor this year, and there’s no doubt in my mind that he’s going to see significant playing time once the playoffs arrive. Newly signed Chris Anderson is someone I’ve been high on his entire career, and only time will tell if Joel Anthony will be fazed out come playoff again. There’s too many ?’s for me truly analyze a potential Bulls-Heat playoff series.

    People like to harp on Miami’s lack of rebounding and while that’s a concern, it hardly is a big one considering the way this team’s constructed. We don’t play conventional lineups often, and because of it we’re going to get unconventional results. We’re 4-1 when getting outrebounded by 15+. The reason for this? Miami is efficient offensively, and when they decide to be disruptive defensively forcing bad passes, turnovers, and bad shots they turn it into points going the other way. Small sample size, yes, but this dates back to last years’ playoffs. Personally, I think we’ve been too reliant on 3pt shooting at times, which would help Chicago push the pace a little more (will be lethal when Rose comes back assuming he’s at least 80%) to ease your concerns about lack of scoring. Regardless, I view Chicago as a legitimate threat to my team, as I do New York despite my wavering in regards to them now since they aren’t shooting statistical anomaly percentages from the 3pt line anymore. I would welcome a MIA-CHI playoff series every time. It’d be a really fun one.

  14. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    14,118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    give me a reason why you think they're taking it easy now? is it cuz they lost games cuz that's the same logic the 'experts' on tv use which doesn't make sense. You're not involved with the team nor the nba for that matter, so what makes you think they're taking it easy?
    Only reason I can give you is that you never know how to win a championship until you do it. Miami knows what it needs to do to have a great chance to accomplishing what they want to accomplish and that doesn’t get tested during the regular season. They have nothing to prove now. That doesn’t excuse all of our losses this year and it doesn’t mask the fact they Miami does have weaknesses, but they do have the personnel to overcome them and move forward.

  15. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    21,825
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    They are better than they were 2 years ago and even last year. As a fan I hate to accept it, but Miami really is a team that’s better built for the postseason because of the shortened rotations and the overall versatility of the roster. Mike Miller is a guy that has hardly sniffed the floor this year, and there’s no doubt in my mind that he’s going to see significant playing time once the playoffs arrive. Newly signed Chris Anderson is someone I’ve been high on his entire career, and only time will tell if Joel Anthony will be fazed out come playoff again. There’s too many ?’s for me truly analyze a potential Bulls-Heat playoff series.

    People like to harp on Miami’s lack of rebounding and while that’s a concern, it hardly is a big one considering the way this team’s constructed. We don’t play conventional lineups often, and because of it we’re going to get unconventional results. We’re 4-1 when getting outrebounded by 15+. The reason for this? Miami is efficient offensively, and when they decide to be disruptive defensively forcing bad passes, turnovers, and bad shots they turn it into points going the other way. Small sample size, yes, but this dates back to last years’ playoffs. Personally, I think we’ve been too reliant on 3pt shooting at times, which would help Chicago push the pace a little more (will be lethal when Rose comes back assuming he’s at least 80%) to ease your concerns about lack of scoring. Regardless, I view Chicago as a legitimate threat to my team, as I do New York despite my wavering in regards to them now since they aren’t shooting statistical anomaly percentages from the 3pt line anymore. I would welcome a MIA-CHI playoff series every time. It’d be a really fun one.
    I meant their defense. Everything I've seen says their defense isn't at the same level it once was. Just by the eye test you can see that.

  16. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    21,825
    vCash
    1500
    So apparently they're bored.

    Heard it all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •